+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Camera

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

i bought a new webcam because the internal one doesn’t work. Will It be automatically detected when I do the test ? Had anyone used an external camera?
Thank you

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
I had a problem with external one, it never worked for me so i ended up using the built in one. I would suggest a backup option incase same thing happens to you

Reactions: novascotia27

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

i bought a new webcam because the internal one doesn’t work. Will It be automatically detected when I do the test ? Had anyone used an external camera?
Thank you
I used external webcam. It worked fine. You have to change the default camera to the external webcam. You can test that on your laptops camera application.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I used external webcam. It worked fine. You have to change the default camera to the external webcam. You can test that on your laptops camera application.
How do I change the default camera to external one ? When I open the camera app it works , does that mean it’s set to default ?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
How do I change the default camera to external one ? When I open the camera app it works , does that mean it’s set to default ?
Cover the built-in webcam to make sure that the external one is working. I forgot how, but I believe I disabled the built-in camera to force the laptop to pick up the external one automatically. Check this link, and make use of our friend google for more details.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I had my laptop for six years but never tried the camera. So for oath, I need the cam. Took several days to find the solution. I googled my laptop brand and how to activate my camera got th first time. I found a video showing the keystrokes. Mine is an msi gaming laptop and I had to hold down the vn key and f6 at the same time. It worked and right away my camera was on and I saw myself on the screen. I hope this helps.