+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Came to Canada on a visiting Visa never went back

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If I'm working how would immigration know ,do they send people to spy on you?
Yes, they do send people to spy on you.

If your employer has been reporting your wages at all, they'll eventually find out.

Or they'll ask you in an interview how you've survived for five years.

Part of the PR application is reporting your work history - I assume you've filled that out fully and completely, without leaving off any employment in Canada?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That's good, I'm glad you have support.

When you applied for your spousal sponsorship (you say you applied for "documents") did you list your employer?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To have a chance at getting approved for spousal sponsorship you have to be 100% honest or you will be denied. If you say you haven’t been working for cash or say you child has not been attending school while being illegal that is misrepresentation. You know you are not supposed to be working. If you are trying to get legal it is best to start respecting the laws. It would be best for you to stop working. You may also want to inform your employer that you will be declaring that you worked for them illegally.

Reactions: jddd

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
All my family.lives here so they have been my biggest financial support.
Just a bit of a tip here, if you're not viewed as truthful about any single thing in a spousal application then it may be that the whole marriage is designed so that you may gain permanent residence status in Canada.

The view of an immigration officer, once they find any sort of misrepresentation, is that your credibility is now lost. Read other threads about people who once applied inland and who are again reapplying outland after their removal. They have had years added to their processing time and as refusals can continue they may have to shell out for legal fees for an appeal. Only a legitimate relationship and whopping amounts of legal fees can sustain such hurdles.

Getting married is nice and being sponsored is super nice and then being refused, removed and reapplying abroad is truly unpleasant. There is no right of appeal for inland applications so if you fib to folks who ONLY look at inland sponsorships all day and every day, expect issues.

Good luck to you and your child whatever may come.

Reactions: jddd

Nacygray

Jun 2, 2019
To have a chance at getting approved for spousal sponsorship you have to be 100% honest or you will be denied. If you say you haven’t been working for cash or say you child has not been attending school while being illegal that is misrepresentation. You know you are not supposed to be working. If you are trying to get legal it is best to start respecting the laws. It would be best for you to stop working. You may also want to inform your employer that you will be declaring that you worked for them illegally.

I have put my employer information on there.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
I have put my employer information on there.
Hi Did you inform your employer that you mentioned his information in your application? I believe he didn’t declare you as an employee as he is paying cash also When the immigration officer gets to know about your employer ,he will be in real danger , I am not supporting him at all because it’s illegal and it shouldn’t be done this way . But once you inform him he will gone insane I am sure !