10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,

I start this thread for those who are seeking job from outside Canada. I hope we can share our various approaches, the responses and progress and help each other. We can share our problems and get solutions. I also invite those already in Canada too, to make their contribution so that it would help us.
I am under 0213 and submitted my full docs to CHC and waiting.

I need to get a good resume done and start posting for jobs.

Please contribute !

thanks in advance and good luck to all .

ruka

priest06

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I been using a resume template for years and it gets my satisfaction in terms of uniqueness and integrity of the created resume. So I prefer to use a resume template and do it on your own, no software or paid services.

Just a tip, make your resume have a distinctive look. Many people simply type up a list of their previous employers and where they went to school and call it a resume --which it may be. However, with a well-designed template, your resume will stand out as being professional and attractive. This can make a much better first impression.

No matter what template you use, try to make your qualifications distinctive as well. Don't just make lists, find a way to explain why you’re particular set of skills, values or personality traits make you a suitable candidate for the job!

Best wishes for your job search success!

amritsinghqa

Jan 7, 2010
priest06 said:
I been using a resume template for years and it gets my satisfaction in terms of uniqueness and integrity of the created resume. So I prefer to use a resume template and do it on your own, no software or paid services.

Just a tip, make your resume have a distinctive look. Many people simply type up a list of their previous employers and where they went to school and call it a resume --which it may be. However, with a well-designed template, your resume will stand out as being professional and attractive. This can make a much better first impression.

No matter what template you use, try to make your qualifications distinctive as well. Don't just make lists, find a way to explain why you're particular set of skills, values or personality traits make you a suitable candidate for the job!

Best wishes for your job search success!
Can u please share the resume Template.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
hi,

You guys also want to get an idea of Canadian format of resume which is little different from ther other formats. (Ex:American format).
Canadian Employers prefer short summery of Canadian resume version, specially with walk-in job search. Again, other formats of resume is widely acceptable. The key is to have your resume distincitive from other applicants. Preparing your resume to the point, clear, short and precise will definitely make your hiring manager " WOW"
Canadian format of resume: http://www.vcn.bc.ca/~rdc/resume.html

Ice cube