+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling Parents from Hyd, India to Canada on Visitor Visa

sam_here

Apr 24, 2009
Hi All,

My situation. Currently am on H1-B visa in USA and getting married to Canadian Citizen girl. My brother & bro in-law are also CAN citizen and since my marriage is taking place in canada, we want to call our Parents for wedding from Hyderabad, India.
I 'ld like to know few things from members regarding getting visitor visa for my parents.

1) what is the procedure for applying the visa? I think in Hyderabad, India we have a drop off facility box and i think the application will be send to Canadian Consulate in Delhi. So wondering what are the odds of getting visa approved or will applicant will be called for personal interview ? Also the visitor visa is for my father and mother. So only one application is enough or is it like one application for each applicant. Pls clarify.

2) I was also thinking what if i call my parents in USA and then we all go to canada on visitor visa. So what are the pros and cons with this approach ?

I 'ld really appreciate if any of you please clarify my doubts. Appreciated your time.

Thanks