+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling my mom to visit Canada

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hello people,

I have PGWP till Nov 2017 and I am working in Software Company with a decent Salary. I need to call my mom (Widow and Working in India) for a visit to Canada.. What are the documents required ?? How much money do i need to show? ::)

Thanks in advance,
Kev

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your mom and you can show as much as possible! Refer to the checklist including applicant/host' financial & assets papers.

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Can I sponsor my mom? I am yet NOT a PR and hence this question. Can I send her letter of invitation? She visa got rejected for visitors Visa when I was a student based on financial terms.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Yes, You have to send letter of invitation as well as your mother's cover letter to show the valid reason to show the purpose of visit to Canada.
In addition, Your work permit will expire on Nov 2017 so If your mother visa will approve, she will just get visitor visa till Nov 2017.

Thanks,
Krunal

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Thanks Krunal.

Is 14000 CAD decent amount to sponsor my mom to visit? My mom is showing around 6 L INR liquid money. :-\

And to demonstrate her ties to India, I dont know what to show except her present job. Please suggest :) Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
krs said:
Can I sponsor my mom? I am yet NOT a PR and hence this question. Can I send her letter of invitation? She visa got rejected for visitors Visa when I was a student based on financial terms.
You cannot 'sponsor' your mom for a TRV..... you can only invite her as the host.

krs said:
Is 14000 CAD decent amount to sponsor my mom to visit? My mom is showing around 6 L INR liquid money. :-\
Hope none of the money in your mom's bank account was transferred/borrowed for the TRV application + it matches her salary/known income.

And to demonstrate her ties to India, I dont know what to show except her present job. Please suggest :) Thanks in advance.
Other ties:
Property/land ownership or lease agreement..... if other family members live with your mom and they are dependent on her.... financial investments, etc.

Previous travel history would also help

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
krs said:
Thanks Krunal.

@krs,

Please note as under :-

1.If u have NON-ACCOMPANYING dependent family members back home ,state their position with documentary evidence, e.g. studying certificate . Your mother has to elaborate in her cover letter as to what arrangement she will have in her absence to take care of them.This will help VO ascertain her social ties in the home country.

2. Financial position of the applicant in the home country, namely good salary ,healthy bank balance(FREE FROM ANY LIABILITY) AND income tax returns of past two/three years.

3.As she is employed, NOC ,detailing her nature of employment and sanction of leave to visit abroad, is required to be obtained from her employer.
The NOC must be on the letter head OF THE ORGANISATION ,CARRYING ITS COMPLETE ADDRESS,CONTACT nos,email/website ETC.

4. UR own status in CANADA, FINANCIAL ND OTHERWISE. Ur employment letter detailing ur position in the organisation along with contracted emoluments. NOA of past two years /T4 etc.Letter of invitation/sponsorship from u.

Hope, this may assist u.

Good luck . God bless all !!!!

mspjal

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hi, one more URgent question, i have checked cic and there is no requirement but some Councillors/travel agents are stating that my invitation letter to mom should be notarized and must be on a letter head stating my name and address(Canadian). Is that necessary? I repeat, I am on Work Permit after study and do not have a PR in Canada.

Also the bank statements must be signed by a bank representative stating that it is original and correct..Is this necessary??

~Thanks,
Kev

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

No, your invitation letter does not have to be notarized (for an India application).

It must be from you as her son.... addressed to the Visa Officer..... no emotional statements in it, just facts + your details/address. Not on a letterhead. You can email a PDF version of this letter to your mom.

Bank statements (from an Indian bank): Yes, signed and stamped. 6 months. Original.
Bank statements (from a Canadian bank, your account): No. PDF is okay

Cheers