+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling mother for visitor visa, how much minimum funds should we show?

natasha963

May 8, 2011
Markham Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25th Apr 2014
LANDED..........
25th May 2014
Me and my husband are permanent residents and are both working at $13/hour. We are applying for my mother-in-laws visitor visa. We don't have any funds to show in her account right now.

1) How much minimum funds is recommended that we state in her form (IMM 5257)?
2) Are we supposed to attach bank statements for the same proactively with the application or will that be after they ask for it.

Please feel free to reply as per your knowledge if you have any idea about this.

Thanks

Natasha

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
natasha963 said:
We don't have any funds to show in her account right now.
If your mother-in-law's bank account has nil balance.... then maybe you should wait until she has adequate balance before you apply for her TRV

In case she has other financial investments/finances such as FDs, LIC, mutual funds/shares/bonds, PF, PPF, rental income, etc.... which are not locked in then she can apply now by liquidating some of it (if possible) and transferring it to her bank account.... basically, she must prove she has money in her bank account to support her visit

Typically she should be able to show CAD 1000/week of visit (apart from money to purchase plane tickets, surplus funds).... it may be possible that you will buy her plane tickets + you will take care of her accommodation/living expenses/travel

Yes, you must submit all evidence, including 6 months of bank statements, at the time of applying.... the visa office will not ask for it later unless they wish to cross-check for some other reason

Cheers :)

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natasha963 said:
Me and my husband are permanent residents and are both working at $13/hour. We are applying for my mother-in-laws visitor visa. We don't have any funds to show in her account right now.

1) How much minimum funds is recommended that we state in her form (IMM 5257)?
2) Are we supposed to attach bank statements for the same proactively with the application or will that be after they ask for it.

Please feel free to reply as per your knowledge if you have any idea about this.

Thanks

Natasha
Hi, you will send an invitation letter to your mother and you dont need to attached a bank statement on that, all you need is the t4 and employment certificate. To be eligible to invite your mother, you and your husband should earn (2 persons $29,706) meaning your salary combination. I think you get more that 29K combined. You are good then, check this link for the invitation letter.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
Hi, you will send an invitation letter to your mother and you dont need to attached a bank statement on that, all you need is the t4 and employment certificate. To be eligible to invite your mother, you and your husband should earn (2 persons $29,706) meaning your salary combination. I think you get more that 29K combined. You are good then, check this link for the invitation letter.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp
@ hoping_canadian
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the post refers to the bank balance/submission of bank statements of the OP's mother-in-law.... the OP said 'We don't have any funds to show in her account right now'

For a TRV, the applicant's financial status is assessed.... minimum LICO levels of the host are mostly for Super Visa applications.

Do check this link (especially the Note): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/proof.asp
The provision of the host's personal information through the applicant must not be mandatory. This includes evidence of income such as previous year Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment indicating annual income........

You should assess the temporary resident visa application on the basis of the adequacy of the applicant's financial resources.

Also, applicants from India must submit minimum latest 6 months' bank statements.... and a nil bank balance will possibly affect the visa decision negatively

Cheers :)