+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling CIC via Skype

Danielle Reade

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has tried calling the immigration office to find out information regarding application by using Skype? I live outside of Canada, so I am not able to call them normally. I would love to get in touch with them somehow.

Tonych76

Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
28-09-2017
Hi Danielle,

It worked for me once. Second and third time did not.

Reactions: Danielle Reade

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
At one time (May 2017) I was able to call via Google Voice. It seems that loophole has been closed as I was not able to do it last week (August 2017).

C

Classic Chucks

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has tried calling the immigration office to find out information regarding application by using Skype? I live outside of Canada, so I am not able to call them normally. I would love to get in touch with them somehow.
Google Hangouts.

Danielle Reade

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Is this the correct phone number to be calling?

I downloaded the google hangouts dialer app, and it does work for canadian numbers. (I tried calling a tim hortons, lol)... but when I try to call the cpc mississauga number, it just tells me my call cannot be completed. Do I have the wrong number?

C

Classic Chucks

I downloaded the google hangouts dialer app, and it does work for canadian numbers. (I tried calling a tim hortons, lol)... but when I try to call the cpc mississauga number, it just tells me my call cannot be completed. Do I have the wrong number?
Hey. Sorry I think Dialler detects your location. Can you try downloading Talkatone? Use your e-mail address to register not your phone number. Then it will ask you to select a US area code,but type in a Canadian area code number. Say for example the Ontario area codes 226, 289, 343,416, 519, 613, 647, 705, 807 and 905. I tried it just now and I heard the Welcome to IRCC initial voice prompt. Let me know if it works for you.

ren_kw

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017

+1 613 944 4000 dial this number in gangiuts dialer then choose IRCC.. it will will transfer you to another line then just folliw and steos a

DEBBIEG

Jun 25, 2016
Oregon
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-28-2016
Doc's Request.
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
08-18-2016
File Transfer...
8-30-2016
Med's Request
completed upfront
Med's Done....
06-07-016
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
The two solutions that worked for me :
1. turn off the caller ID on my phone (iPhone).
2. I also used Skype - also from an iPhone.

When I got connected I just chose the prompts that were the closest to my situation. I ended up on the prompt for questions about the Sponsor Application even though we were well past that point in our process. I had questions about the Principal Applicant's status. I ignored all the recordings saying this number is not for out of Canada applications etc. When I finally got to a human, she answered my questions anyway

Also, Mondays seemed to be the busiest and you might get the recording that basically says "We're too busy, call back later" and then hangs up the call.

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
The two solutions that worked for me :
1. turn off the caller ID on my phone (iPhone).
2. I also used Skype - also from an iPhone.

When I got connected I just chose the prompts that were the closest to my situation. I ended up on the prompt for questions about the Sponsor Application even though we were well past that point in our process. I had questions about the Principal Applicant's status. I ignored all the recordings saying this number is not for out of Canada applications etc. When I finally got to a human, she answered my questions anyway

Also, Mondays seemed to be the busiest and you might get the recording that basically says "We're too busy, call back later" and then hangs up the call.
Hi DebbieG,
What number did you call? My application is inland, but I can't seem to reach an agent.
Thanks!