+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling all applicants who applied under NOC 1111

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hello you peeps,

Do the following jobs qualify under NOC 1111? I read it and emailed NOC as well. I think they have a slight chance of qualifying but I need a second opinion. Please respond.

1st Job- Billing Analyst

Analyzing expenses and posting month end journal entries related to vehicle expenses, affiliate expenses, cost center expenses and bank withdrawals.
Posting accruals related to expenses in adherence to GAAP.
Analyzing bank statement and billing affiliates the amount they withdrew from the bank.
Balance sheet analysis and updating comments in main database.

Requirements

Post-secondary education ideally with a specialty in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
Preferable to have CGA/CMA/CPA designation or in process
Preferable to have 3-5 years of related work experience
Prior experience or exposure to SAP at an application user level is preferred
Strong skills in MS-Excel, MS-Word, and MS-PowerPoint
Ability to design and utilize spreadsheets
Ability to work independently and as part of team
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Excellent organizational analytical skills and attention to detail
Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines

2nd Job- Junior Financial Analyst

Compile, maintain and archive monthly financial reports and track against forecasts and budgets, ensure the accuracy of all month end financial closing processes, monitor invoicing, project reporting, material procurement and supply chain transactions, and other project related transactions
Prepare reconciliations of various general ledger accounts, make corrections to ensure accurate reporting, prepare financial presentations, provide assistance for audits, and address internal and external inquiries
Assist with SAP system project plan budget updates
Prepare and post month-end journal entries
Gather support for vendor invoices, seek approvals, and post good receipts
Ad hoc duties and analysis in performance of project related tasks as requested

Requirements

Currently enrolled in or graduate of a University Degree/College Diploma in Business Administration, Commerce or Accounting
Some experience in an office environment and financial accounting function is a definite asset
Ability to do basic journal entries and financial accounting functions
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to work effectively in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
Experience using SAP and MS office applications is also required

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
To me, these 2 positions are more close to 1311 as these duties are more juniorish. The main difference between 1111 and 1311 from job duties perspective is 1111 involves more financial statements and reporting work, i.e. senior accountant (except for articling students who are usually specifically called in the contract) whereas 1311 is more like recording/booking transactons.

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
But the 2nd job more inclined towards compiling and maintaining financial reports. Wouldn't that be an advantage? I would be preparing financial presentations, assisting with audit, budgeting and forecasting. Please advise.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
mountain123 said:
But the 2nd job more inclined towards compiling and maintaining financial reports. Wouldn't that be an advantage? I would be preparing financial presentations, assisting with audit, budgeting and forecasting. Please advise.
I kinda agree that the second one is more comprehensive relative to first one. Surely 1311 also compiling and reconciling the financial info and records, but the question is to what extent?

It is arguable for accountants to select NOC between 1111 and 1311, it also depends on your educational and prior experience, i.e, university/professional qualification and progressive accounting exp leading to the position claimed under 1111. From what I understand, this is what CIC look at, once the duties are similar, they look at other factors.

Have you got reply from HRSC to give you a code? The above is only based on my own knowledge.

By and by, the advertisement of the first job is joke, for the Billing Analyst, it requires professional qualification and 3-5 years exp? It is unbelievable!

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
I have a university degree and am cfa level 1 candidate. The first job i am doing a part of noc code 1111. I agree with you that the requirements is a lot considering the duties. These days the market is such that everyone has a designation. I am still waiting for the reply. My lawyer is like ask them if they can show you as a supervisor then i have a chance otherwise nothing.

In my previous company my manager used to code invoices and they required someone with CGA.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
mountain123 said:
I have a university degree and am cfa level 1 candidate. The first job i am doing a part of noc code 1111. I agree with you that the requirements is a lot considering the duties. These days the market is such that everyone has a designation. I am still waiting for the reply. My lawyer is like ask them if they can show you as a supervisor then i have a chance otherwise nothing.

In my previous company my manager used to code invoices and they required someone with CGA.
I used to work inToronto and appeared the qualified person is still very in demand, in particular CA.

Anyway, the HRSC would provide more reliable NOC, plus professional advice from your lawyer, best luck man!

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I'm preparing my AINP papers and I've got the the same question about the classification.. My profile is as follows:

- MBA from University of Alberta
- CMA candidate (almost finish).. Just need to submit my working experience to complete the SLP
- Working title Accountant/Economist
- Overseas experience, tax examiner more than 5 yrs
- I do pretty much everything related to accounting, including maintaining accounting system, price forecasting, economic analysis, AP, AR, Payroll, GL, GST, WCB basically everything

.. One thing I don't do is Corporate Tax return since we have external accountant to do that

After reading the requirement for 1111, I came to conclusion that this NOC is only for those doing public practices either through Accounting Firm (private/public) or self employed. Hence, I'm not qualified for this.
Having said that, I don't think my qualification fits under 1311 either since it's more for Junior accounting position

Any idea for this?