+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called in for interview after submiting Passport

M

mikeymyke

scylla said:
Unlike most other visa offices, ND requests the passport very early on in the process (before the application has been fully reviewed). For most visa offices, an interview would happen before the passport request. This isn't the case for ND.

You should bring any additional information you have that demonstrates your relationship is genuine and continuing.
How do you know this? Is singapore office the same?

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeymyke said:
How do you know this? Is singapore office the same?
Well you may look at the NDVO spreadsheets and you will believe what is been said is true :)

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://tiny.cc/ndsheet2013
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArH8forkPk_AdDQ2cG9lNXlCc0hkTUYzazV4dHZwekE

ningrin

Mar 22, 2013
My interview is on 8th next month so I dont think I can request for the reason why they needed the interview.Anyway thank you everyone and I will come back to you all with my experience.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ningrin said:
My interview is on 8th next month so I dont think I can request for the reason why they needed the interview.Anyway thank you everyone and I will come back to you all with my experience.
@ningrin , don't worry
i know how it feels .

may be they pick candidates in random for interview , audit . something lik that..

if you are clear with your relationship go with confidence.. you will be okay..

James.007

Feb 5, 2013
T.O.
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
Hi Ningrin,

Just checking if you have received some information on the IV that how it is going to be.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
mickeyindia said:
@ ningrin , don't worry
i know how it feels .

may be they pick candidates in random for interview , audit . something lik that..

if you are clear with your relationship go with confidence.. you will be okay..
Interviews are never at random. Agents must have a reason to request for an interview. Whether that reason is a reflection of reality depends on how badly documented the application is. When in doubt, agents will request up-to-date documentation or an interview with supporting documentation.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cempjwi said:
Interviews are never at random. Agents must have a reason to request for an interview. Whether that reason is a reflection of reality depends on who badly documented the application is. When in doubt, agents will request up-to-date documentation or an interview with supporting documentation.
Thanks for the info.
Yeah looks like it.

hannah 21

Apr 25, 2013
ningrin said:
Hi I was in the position u were on February 2012 they asked my husband for passport we thought he would get visa but they asked for interview on august. But after the interview they refused the case saying we had a big gap of not much conversation going on between the last time we saw and the wedding. For interview make sure u know everything about each other not for current time but for the past few years. Such as what your husband was doing what you where doing. The place u both worked the timings the friends u and our husband have their names. Just anything u can think of practice between each other and make sure the answer matches up. Now I am going to appeal. Let me know if there is any guestions that I could help u with hopefully u will be successful.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hannah 21 said:
Hi I was in the position u were on February 2012 they asked my husband for passport we thought he would get visa but they asked for interview on august. But after the interview they refused the case saying we had a big gap of not much conversation going on between the last time we saw and the wedding. For interview make sure u know everything about each other not for current time but for the past few years. Such as what your husband was doing what you where doing. The place u both worked the timings the friends u and our husband have their names. Just anything u can think of practice between each other and make sure the answer matches up. Now I am going to appeal. Let me know if there is any guestions that I could help u with hopefully u will be successful.
I am really sorry to hear that .
which VO were you from?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
If you have more than 30 days before your interview you might wish to apply forGCMS notes as they might give you some idea of reason for interview.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Pippin said:
If you have more than 30 days before your interview you might wish to apply forGCMS notes as they might give you some idea of reason for interview.
This was already suggested and s/he already said there's not more than 30 days. It's the 8th of May is the date of the interview.

ningrin

Mar 22, 2013
Sorry guys I have been very busy lately and I was unable to check my mails.Thank you all for writing to me .Hannah am sorry to hear about your case.I hope you get to appeal and the issues get resolved soon.
At this point me and hubby dont really know what could be the reason to have them called me for an interview.If they asked me questions relating to our relationship and our social circles then we should be ok as we have lived together for more than a year and we have pretty much the same set of friends.
The only reason I could think of right now is the nature of our relationship.It was a long distance relationship for 6 years before we got married.We submitted phone logs and mails from as far back as 2008.We also submitted all the pictures we had taken during our visits to each other over the years.
I have already asked this question but I just want to clarify one more time .Should I take all those proofs I have already submitted at the time of the original application or should I take only those proofs (pictures,joint bank account) after the marriage ? Once again thank you all .My interview is due on 8th May.

Ningrin

James.007

Feb 5, 2013
T.O.
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
I would suggest to take everything with you as you never know what documents the VO will have during yout IV.
Would be better to take everything with you that will justify your case, regardless of what has been submitted. It doesn't hurt in taking some extra load as this this is your chance to prove your genuineness.