+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called in for interview after submiting Passport

ningrin

Mar 22, 2013
Hi,
I'am the principal applicant for spousal PR visa and I have had submitted my passport to New Delhi a month ago and I received a letter today asking to come in for an interview.I was under the impression that they wont need an interview if they had asked to submit the passport but I guess I was wrong.

Could anyone tell me what could be the reason for asking to come in for interview after passport submision ?
And also,do I have to carry with me all the correspondence,pictures and other documents which I have already submitted at the time of original application ?

Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unlike most other visa offices, ND requests the passport very early on in the process (before the application has been fully reviewed). For most visa offices, an interview would happen before the passport request. This isn't the case for ND.

You should bring any additional information you have that demonstrates your relationship is genuine and continuing.

ningrin

Mar 22, 2013
Thank you Scyla...I lived with my husband for a year and three months after our marriage in Canada before I returned to India in order to submit my passport.So am guessing I will not worry about re-submitting the wedding photos and other documents pertaining to our relationship before the wedding.I will probably take with me pictures and other materials after the marriage until now ?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
If there is more than 30 days before your interview date, apply for your GCMS notes as they may give you some idea of the reasons for your interview. Good luck.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
ningrin said:
Hi,
I'am the principal applicant for spousal PR visa and I have had submitted my passport to New Delhi a month ago and I received a letter today asking to come in for an interview.I was under the impression that they wont need an interview if they had asked to submit the passport but I guess I was wrong.

Could anyone tell me what could be the reason for asking to come in for interview after passport submision ?
And also,do I have to carry with me all the correspondence,pictures and other documents which I have already submitted at the time of original application ?

Did they ask you to bring anything in specific?

ningrin

Mar 22, 2013
These are the things they wanted :

Original individual passports for each family member included in the application,
regardless of age;

You must also bring originals or certified true copies of the following documents for each
person included in your application together with certified translations into English or
French:

Birth, death, marriage, divorce document(s) as applicable to your case, if not already
submitted;

Documentary evidence that establishes your relationship to your sponsor and each of
your dependants' relationship to you (e.g., original birth certificates, school documents
with parents' names, ration card);

In the case of dependent students older than 19, all diplomas, mark sheets and other
documents demonstrating continuous full-time studies since the age of 19;

If sponsored by your husband, wife, common-law or conjugal partner, bring your
engagement and wedding photographs and wedding invitation cards, if available. Also
bring all evidence of communication with your sponsor, e.g. cards / letters, telephone
bills. Telephone calling cards are not acceptable proof. For such cards you must provide
the record issued by the telephone company of calls made with those cards;

Power of attorney or guardianship documents for any person on the application who has
been adopted as well as all evidence of contact from the adoptive parent(s), e.g., cards /
letters, photographs, telephone bills.
[tr][td]

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
ningrin said:
These are the things they wanted :

Original individual passports for each family member included in the application,
regardless of age;

You must also bring originals or certified true copies of the following documents for each
person included in your application together with certified translations into English or
French:

Birth, death, marriage, divorce document(s) as applicable to your case, if not already
submitted;

Documentary evidence that establishes your relationship to your sponsor and each of
your dependants' relationship to you (e.g., original birth certificates, school documents
with parents' names, ration card);

In the case of dependent students older than 19, all diplomas, mark sheets and other
documents demonstrating continuous full-time studies since the age of 19;

If sponsored by your husband, wife, common-law or conjugal partner, bring your
engagement and wedding photographs and wedding invitation cards, if available. Also
bring all evidence of communication with your sponsor, e.g. cards / letters, telephone
bills. Telephone calling cards are not acceptable proof. For such cards you must provide
the record issued by the telephone company of calls made with those cards;

Power of attorney or guardianship documents for any person on the application who has
been adopted as well as all evidence of contact from the adoptive parent(s), e.g., cards /
letters, photographs, telephone bills.
[tr][td]
Take everything with you that proves your relationship is ongoing. Its even better to take the details even if you have submitted them already.
Refer to the below thread on Interviews for New Delhi applicants.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t110520.0.html

ningrin

Mar 22, 2013
Thank you all for all the wonderful advice.I have already submitted my wedding pictures but I will still take some with me just in case.We live together until a month ago so we dont have records for phone and email conversation.I will take the joint account in both our names and pictures after our wedding.I hope that would suffice.Once again thank you so much.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ningrin said:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing.
I know the Delhi forum members have always been under assumption interview is waived if passport request is received.

I would also advise you to check with senior members across all forums to see if VO accepts video material , if yes take your weddding DVD/CD etc...
Take your wedding album instead .. that will give more hopes
if you have wedding cards printed for distribution , take that too..

Hope you have a good one.. Good luck.

do u have 30 days time to order GCMS notes?
and as always please come back to the forum and let us know your experiences

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mickeyindia said:
I would also advise you to check with senior members across all forums to see if VO accepts video material , if yes take your weddding DVD/CD etc...
Only printed proof is accepted.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
yes only printed proof is accepted but take everything along with you even the wedding pictures which you already submitted.. just to be on safer side. whether they ask from you or not but you should be ready with whatever they ask for. (i am telling you my experience i took everything along even though i submitted most of the proofs earlier)

James.007

Feb 5, 2013
T.O.
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
Thanks ningrin for sharing this information wiith all of us here.
We really appreciate if yopu can share some information regarding the questions

I wish you good luck for your IV

@mickeyindia: Can you please shed some light on this GSMS notes
what is it exactly. I heard about CAIPS, but never heard about this

thanks in advance :)

ningrin said:
Hi,
ningrin said:
Hi,

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James.007 said:
Thanks ningrin for sharing this information wiith all of us here.
We really appreciate if yopu can share some information regarding the questions

I wish you good luck for your IV

@ mickeyindia: Can you please shed some light on this GSMS notes
what is it exactly. I heard about CAIPS, but never heard about this

thanks in advance :)

here you go

General information
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp
How to make a request and required forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This is how to read the GCMS notes. Very valuable:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17KrJmBgFUS4UakcSu8ecSQnZn0z9UGmxc9oJ7WOP4LM/edit?pli=1

James.007

Feb 5, 2013
T.O.
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
thanks a lot mickeyindia for your prompt reply

so it looks like that CAIPS is now GCMS since April 2011

mickeyindia said:
here you go

General information
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp
How to make a request and required forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This is how to read the GCMS notes. Very valuable:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17KrJmBgFUS4UakcSu8ecSQnZn0z9UGmxc9oJ7WOP4LM/edit?pli=1