United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
Your calculation is completely wrong. Look at the statistics. People within Canada with jobs and job offers always were able easy to get PR. Nothing has changed with EE. Just another system of points.
Dont you find amusing how everybody here is an expert in immigration statistics and math projections? Like immigration has a formula for an specific number of applications?

greekhero

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Regina said:
Your calculation is completely wrong. Look at the statistics. People within Canada with jobs and job offers always were able easy to get PR. Nothing has changed with EE. Just another system of points.
Agree,

CIC will welcome the ppl with high chance to be sucessful in Canada and I don't see why ppl who already studied, currently working and paying thousands dollars taxes, contributing Canada's economy can't justifiy the word "sucess".

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greekhero said:
Agree,

CIC will welcome the ppl with high chance to be sucessful in Canada and I don't see why ppl who already studied, currently working and paying thousands dollars taxes, contributing Canada's economy can't justifiy the word "sucess".
True, I know firsthand people with experience, academics and language to the level of their professions, they never had an issue obtaining their PR, and thanks to them and their experience I am starting this process, I am in huge disadvantage (but logically of course), because I am outside Canada, regardless, I can say out of personal experience, it is possible, it is not difficult and if you fit the profile of what Canada is looking for then you ARE GOING TO BE SUCCESSFUL with your application, no matter what anybody say here, as simple as that.

Keep it up, keep growing professionally, emotionally, academically and more importantly personally, and you will get there. Any of you can get there.

Keep it up everybody

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
greekhero said:
snkarora already put the PNP factor in the equation CIC will issue 65K PR per year = 50K (PNP) + 12k(cec, fsw, which I assume not all of them have LIMA) + 3000 (residual)

So 65000 = 50000(PNP) + 12000 (CEC or FSW) + 3000 (Residual)
...Where did I say that every province gives 5,000 nominations?? CIC clearly stated that they would allocate 48,000 PRs to PNP and around 20,000 to CEC.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
Exactly what was told to me by the CIC agent. If you are CEC, then nothing has changed for you. Your chances then are the same as it is now. If you have skilled experience in Canada you will be picked. Man you're on a roll. All your statements are correct.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
True, I know firsthand people with experience, academics and language to the level of their professions, they never had an issue obtaining their PR, and thanks to them and their experience I am starting this process, I am in huge disadvantage (but logically of course), because I am outside Canada, regardless, I can say out of personal experience, it is possible, it is not difficult and if you fit the profile of what Canada is looking for then you ARE GOING TO BE SUCCESSFUL with your application, no matter what anybody say here, as simple as that.

Keep it up, keep growing professionally, emotionally, academically and more importantly personally, and you will get there. Any of you can get there.

Keep it up everybody
Okay STOP. You are not at a disadvantage. People have to come to Canada from outside without job offers before and they will come even now. You know why this was implemented ? Because of the BS slow process that comes from idiots applying without proper documentation and proper NOC 0, A, B experience. They stay in queue and get rejected that period is wasted for the poor guy next in line. If you have good enough skills and experience you are in. I would suggest putting in an application ready and applying Jan first 2015 and then preparing to come to Canada in April or May. That is what is going to happen.

nadeemshaikh

Sep 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My two cents is that CIC will invite people based on what stream (FSW/CEC) they are eligible for. People who have LMO are the obvious choice for FSW stream while those with Canadian work experience are obvious choice for CEC. My assumption is CIC will choose based on highest points out of 600 and 1200 for both programs.

EE is like Tinder, everyone is eligible to apply for PR but the Government will decide whether to respond or not.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:
Okay STOP. You are not at a disadvantage. People have to come to Canada from outside without job offers before and they will come even now. You know why this was implemented ? Because of the BS slow process that comes from idiots applying without proper documentation and proper NOC 0, A, B experience. They stay in queue and get rejected that period is wasted for the poor guy next in line. If you have good enough skills and experience you are in. I would suggest putting in an application ready and applying Jan first 2015 and then preparing to come to Canada in April or May. That is what is going to happen.
Thanks for your input, I am basing my comment on experienced posts here, professional competition is hard, and the disadvantage comment I made was more of a critical logic one, I am ready to apply but I am going to see what happens over the first month, so depending on what I can see, I can make sure my application is going to be as flawless as possible, if that makes sense.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
Thanks for your input, I am basing my comment on experienced posts here, professional competition is hard, and the disadvantage comment I made was more of a critical logic one, I am ready to apply but I am going to see what happens over the first month, so depending on what I can see, I can make sure my application is going to be as flawless as possible, if that makes sense.
I understand, but we are all paranoid because things have changed so much, but to the applicant (skilled ones with good experience) there shouldn't be much change. In fact the redundancy has been removed so getting the PR is faster once you get ITA.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:
I understand, but we are all paranoid because things have changed so much, but to the applicant (skilled ones with good experience) there shouldn't be much change. In fact the redundancy has been removed so getting the PR is faster once you get ITA.
An another thing is, that if I may be allowed to dream a little, let's say I get the ITA, right? I am responsible here for quite a few projects and I am very grateful with the company I am working for, so if this happens I will be affecting negatively my professional reputation by within 2 months dropping everything here. It will not be fair with the people I am working today, there are 2 new engineers right out of college starting next month and I am in charge of mentoring them (and here is my decent escape route to canada), so I have to be careful enough.

Thanks bud!

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
nadeemshaikh said:
My two cents is that CIC will invite people based on what stream (FSW/CEC) they are eligible for. People who have LMO are the obvious choice for FSW stream while those with Canadian work experience are obvious choice for CEC. My assumption is CIC will choose based on highest points out of 600 and 1200 for both programs.

EE is like Tinder, everyone is eligible to apply for PR but the Government will decide whether to respond or not.
This is exactly it. The language on the EE page, and the press release that immigration minister put out, is a bit hidden and obtuse but refer directly to this. EE will get diluted due to LMIA workers and PNPs. This is why the lopsided amount of points given to them, PNP and LMIA people. Since TFW program has been banished, restaurants and other low skilled industries are not going to sit still. They have a powerful lobby. EE is in fact a very convoluted program. Statistics after first year will make it amply clear. And it makes absolute sense. The drive is towards high skilled people coming here to study first, giving some money and then finding jobs; on the skilled level. Yes, there will be people with <600 getting through; but points will be towards high end of the spectrum.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
jes_ON said:
Okay so in this scenario, most white collar entry level jobs (programmers, QAs, Web Designers, Accountants, Financial Analysts, Systems Analysts) have to have LMIA before they hire a student on PGWP?

Oh dear, NO! First - if you have a PGWP, you are no longer a student. Smiley
Second:
- if you have a PGWP, employers are not required to obtain an LMIA.
- Under EE, you are NOT required to have an LMIA.
- Under EE, you DO need an LMIA if you want points for "arranged employment."

So that means its difficult for students with PGWP to get a job after studying in Canada because employers have to go through LMIA.

No. Again, no LMIA is required to hire someone with a PGWP. However, if a PGWP-holder wants the extra points for having "arranged employment," then the employer does have to apply for an LMIA.

So in short if EE doesn't make provision for PGWP students then the whole Canadian Education System takes a hit.

Or, perhaps when international students come over to study engineering, they won't take jobs as cooks just to get PR.

EE doesn't eliminate opportunity for students. It does reduce the loophole, by discouraging people from taking the cheapest 2 year course imaginable just to get a PGWP as a simple path to PR. I imagine that colleges will eventually feel the pinch. I expect it might encourage students who want to study in high-demand skilled occupations, as they will continue to do well.
Exactly Jes_ON .... just what I've been trying to say.

It's ridiculous how easy it was for someone to immigrate to Canada even just a few short years ago. A cook could qualify as a skilled worker, as if cooking is a lost art among Canadian citizens and PRs.

Not is a cook not a skilled worker in the true sense of the word, but under the old system a cook could actually qualify to apply on his own under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, simply from his own work experience. No job offer, no employer sponorship, no LMIA needed.

Strange how a country with almost the same quality of life as the US had such an absurd immigration policy where pretty much anybody could get in. I'm glad that is finally changing.

I don't care what post-graduate permit holders think they're entitled to just by paying taxes here. In practice they're foreign nationals who want jobs and a life in Canada, same as anybody else. Hence they same process should apply. Say what you want about the US immigration system but at least they've got this right! You want permanent residence through employment? Same process for everyone, foreign student or not!

And I don't care how skilled post-grad permit holders think they are in their own head. Whatever your degree is in, I've got news for you: there are plenty of people with the same degree as you. Nothing special there!

I can tell you how it works in the US if you want to immigrate without LMIA as a skilled worker: the law only considers you skilled enough if you have achieved documented international recognition for your work (you actually have to three prizes, such as Nobel Prize). Just having an engineering degree? Please .... don't make me laugh.

This puts the final end to the abuse of foreign students by universities, who just want one thing and one thing only: power over young people. Universities should not be given the power to act as gatekeepers of immigration. That's not a power that's suited to them. I don't want recruiters going to China and saying "Pay us tuition, and you can qualify for PR at the end of your course." That's just plain messed up and I'm glad it's about to end.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:

It's ridiculous how easy it was for someone to immigrate to Canada even just a few short years ago. A cook could qualify as a skilled worker, as if cooking is a lost art among Canadian citizens and PRs.

Not is a cook not a skilled worker in the true sense of the word, but under the old system a cook could actually qualify to apply on his own under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, simply from his own work experience. No job offer, no employer sponorship, no LMIA needed.

Strange how a country with almost the same quality of life as the US had such an absurd immigration policy where pretty much anybody could get in. I'm glad that is finally changing.

I don't care what post-graduate permit holders think they're entitled to just by paying taxes here. In practice they're foreign nationals who want jobs and a life in Canada, same as anybody else. Hence they same process should apply. Say what you want about the US immigration system but at least they've got this right! You want permanent residence through employment? Same process for everyone, foreign student or not!

And I don't care how skilled post-grad permit holders think they are in their own head. Whatever your degree is in, I've got news for you: there are plenty of people with the same degree as you. Nothing special there!

I can tell you how it works in the US if you want to immigrate without LMIA as a skilled worker: the law only considers you skilled enough if you have achieved documented international recognition for your work (you actually have to three prizes, such as Nobel Prize). Just having an engineering degree? Please .... don't make me laugh.

This puts the final end to the abuse of foreign students by universities, who just want one thing and one thing only: power over young people. I don't want recruiters going to China and saying "Pay us tuition, and you can qualify for PR at the end of your course." That's just plain messed up and I'm glad it's about to end.
Hurray ! the killjoy is back.

Your country as aptly as you put it needs those immigrants. Do think what you want to think. PGWP holders working in NOC 0, NOC A, NOC B still will get retained and will get their PRs. I can't believe I am saying this but yes I get what you're saying. A lot of students come here with the intention of just PR not to learn or to work in good jobs that complement their degrees.

I have suffered with students in group projects who don't give 1 fuck about their grades or career prospects because they know they will get their PR anyhow. But this system doesn't eradicate this at all. There is no qualitative measuring, just quantitative.

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
marcus66502 said:

This puts the final end to the abuse of foreign students by universities, who just want one thing and one thing only: power over young people. Universities should not be given the power to act as gatekeepers of immigration. That's not a power that's suited to them. I don't want recruiters going to China and saying "Pay us tuition, and you can qualify for PR at the end of your course." That's just plain messed up and I'm glad it's about to end.
HAHA as if this system will be foolproof. This system still does not dictate that degree and field of work should be related. NOC 0, A and B still contain very wide area of exploitable surface. Also, stop acting as a sole defendor of Canadian rights.

Also, i don't know why you keep pandering BS like US. In US, it is not difficult to get H1B. Look here:- http://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/2013-H1B-Visa-Sponsor.aspx

Body Shops like Infosys paying exploitable level of salaries get the most sponsored H1B's. There was a case where a company in California was paying their employee Indian scale salary. So effectively <$50 per day. Don't put US on some kind of immigration pedestal, when there is a growing clamour in US to refine its immigration policies.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:

You lost me here bud, what are you trying to say?