+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called CIC today and got starnge answer

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Regina said:
By the way, because not many people in occipations in NOC 0, A, B could get LMIA from abroad means that there will not be many applicants with high points, like 950+. Because most people on TWV in Canada are in NOC C and D, and could not apply under EE. So the main competition in EE will be between applicants with 380-500 points. And it means any average applicant will have it chance.. unless CIC will still have a list of preferable occupations (as Australia has) :(
I can say true, but who knows other then CIC, let's wait till end of Jan.
Also in same pool we have PNP too...don't forgot! :)

Reactions: WhatTheFCan

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Phil89 said:
which IS great! People who have studied, worked, lived and paid taxes here for years should have a priority :)
I am agree with you 100%. as I am one of this! ;)
but I think, now all are under one roof !!

Reactions: WhatTheFCan

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
I will repeat it again: no one will sponsor anyone. There are enough Canadians/PRs as well as on work permits looking for jobs and filling positions. Unless he comes to Canada and goes to interviews, he might have a chance.
In provinces like Saskatchewan and Manitoba, the local governments travel outside of Canada to recruit high skilled and trades people. Local business won't do anything UNLESS that person is a genius or fast food worker. In Alberta we have about 80,000 TFW and that doesn't include students.
I have respect for people no matter what, and out of respect I will give you a fact, look within Canada Civil Engineers with 5+ years of experience in transportation and municipal engineering in design and project management, registered as a PE in Alberta or capable of obtaining registration within 12 months after hiring date, at least 2 years of experience with in design within Microstation, Civil 3D and Land Inventory, capable of working in a technical English environment writing and presenting storm water management, transportation, budget, legal reports to the city councils, private clients, land developers and so on. Surveying field experience.

Canada is full of talent, yes, no argument there, YOU ARE RIGHT, but why employers like these 2, who I have spoke with, have told me its been impossible to find one Engineer with this profile (by the way, this is not my resume, is the job post for one of the positions), and as Regina stated, they don't want the expense and paperwork of bringing a foreigner because they are small companies in this field.

The company in Fort McMurray stated, Finding Engineers with at least 12 months of Primavera, RPR and Civil 3D experience is very, very difficult around here.

I will make you a deal if you think is fair, you have been a source of insults and verbal abuse here, let me ask you this, if you know or you find a person within Canada, that can go to any of this 2 companies I will give you the personal information of who they need to contact so they can get this opportunity.

Let me know...

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
I have respect for people no matter what, and out of respect I will give you a fact, look within Canada Civil Engineers with 5+ years of experience in transportation and municipal engineering in design and project management, registered as a PE in Alberta or capable of obtaining registration within 12 months after hiring date, at least 2 years of experience with in design within Microstation, Civil 3D and Land Inventory, capable of working in a technical English environment writing and presenting storm water management, transportation, budget, legal reports to the city councils, private clients, land developers and so on. Surveying field experience.

Canada is full of talent, yes, no argument there, YOU ARE RIGHT, but why employers like these 2, who I have spoke with, have told me its been impossible to find one Engineer with this profile (by the way, this is not my resume, is the job post for one of the positions), and as Regina stated, they don't want the expense and paperwork of bringing a foreigner because they are small companies in this field.

The company in Fort McMurray stated, Finding Engineers with at least 12 months of Primavera, RPR and Civil 3D experience is very, very difficult around here.

I will make you a deal if you think is fair, you have been a source of insults and verbal abuse here, let me ask you this, if you know or you find a person within Canada, that can go to any of this 2 companies I will give you the personal information of who they need to contact so they can get this opportunity.

Let me know...
How did u get your NOC code in your information?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
omaus25 said:

Let me know...
The truth is no matter how "good" you are, no one will bother filling tons of papers and paying $1,000 to bring you here. And that is the reason why you are still in the US. But you can always hope...that's pretty much all you have

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
omaus25 said:
Not true at all. I will put up a dummy job profile, and can easily get these people. One year of Primavera or Civil 3D software experience is nothing. The truth is, the company is not offering the market rate salary for these type of experiences. In Ft.Mac a fresher will not even touch it a job if the salary wasn't $90K per year. On top companies shell out $40K per year bonuses for engineers. So that company is just trying to mooch and cut corners. On top, they will not even offer LOA. So no wonder they are not finding engineers.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambooshka said:
So basically nobody knows anything and everybody knows everything.
After's Regina's comment this the 2nd comment that is 100% accurate.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:
How did u get your NOC code in your information?
Under profile in the right upper corner you go to the left and click on forum profile information, then you can type what you want to be shown under your public tag here.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Regina said:
No. Because then they have to have LMO. and it is is almost impossible for high skilled. Some of them , however, could be on PGWP but again there are not many of them.
Are you in Canada? Maybe you should look up some statistics published by PNPs...

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambooshka said:
Not true at all. I will put up a dummy job profile, and can easily get these people. One year of Primavera or Civil 3D software experience is nothing. The truth is, the company is not offering the market rate salary for these type of experiences. In Ft.Mac a fresher will not even touch it a job if the salary wasn't $90K per year. On top companies shell out $40K per year bonuses for engineers. So that company is just trying to mooch and cut corners. On top, they will not even offer LOA. So no wonder they are not finding engineers.
I can't argue on what I don't know, just to quote what I was told, your salary approach is very close to the financial offer for the position, $100K for the Engineer who has the profile noted before, I was told too that for the right applicant the company was willing to offer $20K relocation hiring bonus, that's how I recall he mentioned, but within Canada and to a professional with the legal and proper authorization to work.