+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called CIC today and got starnge answer

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
praneet87 said:
Exactly. If there is uncertainty in both the countries why won't someone go to the country that has bigger job markets. A lot of students come to Canada with the promise of getting permanent residency on finding a job. If the government is going to pool PGWP and FSW then what is the point of coming to Canada and paying huge amounts of money in dollars as fees. They might as well stay where they are and apply for FSW.
praneet87 said:
Exactly. If there is uncertainty in both the countries why won't someone go to the country that has bigger job markets. A lot of students come to Canada with the promise of getting permanent residency on finding a job. If the government is going to pool PGWP and FSW then what is the point of coming to Canada and paying huge amounts of money in dollars as fees. They might as well stay where they are and apply for FSW.
Exactly what? Why are you quoting my post when it's obvious you haven't read it?

Foreign students will not be diverted to the US because no matter how large the US job market, IT IS NOT OPEN TO THEM. I don't know how many times I need to say this!

Where is the promise of permanent residence made to foreign students in Canada? Can you show me a document that makes this "promise"? I think you must be smoking something because the things you're saying are SO false, you might as well claim that 1 + 1 = 5.

Foreign students will will continue to come to Canada in numbers comparable to today because many programs of study that interest them don't exist in their home countries. It's the reason many of them historically have come to Western countries to study, as demonstrated by survey after survey. Unless that reason changes, the influx of foreign students won't go down.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
Man, you are done.... whether you like or not, you NEED an LMIA to apply for PR. Look for ways under your current circumstances and see what do you need to do to become eligible by a company to sponsor you through LMIA, instead of bit**ing about it. How is this helping you? Or anyone else in here for that matter?

If you do not qualify to be sponsored by a company, then maybe you need to look into what resume you have, what you bring to the plate and become better at whatever yo do, so a company can look at you as competent and market desirable as a potential hire, don't you think?
Yes, I get that. My employer does sponsor for PNP and I have chosen not to do so because it ties me down here which I don't want. If this is the fact then yes I am going to accept it; what other choice do I have. But again, this is all speculative. Untill February passes we don't exactly know whats going to happen. I know I am in a better place than most because im already here, employed with an employer ready to give a sponsorship; but what about the thousands of students who are in schools or are working on PGWPs; what about them? I just feel this is unfair. Again, so much hostility towards our concern.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
Exactly what? Why are you quoting my post when it's obvious you haven't read it?

Foreign students will not be diverted to the US because no matter how large the US job market, IT IS NOT OPEN TO THEM. I don't know how many times I need to say this!

Where is the promise of permanent residence made to foreign students in Canada? Can you show me a document that makes this "promise"? I think you must be smoking something because the things you're saying are SO false, you might as well claim that 1 + 1 = 5.

Foreign students will will continue to come to Canada in numbers comparable to today because many programs of study that interest them don't exist in their home countries. It's the reason many of them historically have come to Western countries to study, as demonstrated by survey after survey. Unless that reason changes, the influx of foreign students won't go down.
What is the purpose of the Canadian Experience Class? I don't even know if you're being serious or just trolling here. You seem to have some sort of anti-immigrant sentiment. I am lucky to have a job here? I worked hard, graduated and interviewed for a job that was interviewed by locals alike and won that job over them. How does that make me lucky ? Where is luck here?

Again you took it to extreme. A lot of people like Canada as a choice of education because assimilation was easy. If that is not the case then yes student population will take a hit.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
praneet87 said:
Delusional. How high of a chair do you sit on to think like this? If that is the case then the cap the government has set won't even reach 20% of its limit. If keeping immigrants out of the country was ultimate goal then the Canadian government would have just curtailed the annual limit on FSWs. In an ideal scenario the median score would be around 450-500 for the pool with outliers being at 1000+. Im sure that every month people without an LMIA job will get ITAs and those with LMIA jobs will 100% get ITAs.
Delusional is a bit extreme. What I'm saying is that people should stop focusing on points scores because from now on that will not be the crucial factor in their success.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Yes, it is possible to get selected without LMIA or provincial nomination (in fact, the CIC website says this). But it's not like before, where if you had enough points you could just submit an application and they had a legal obligation to process it so you were put in a queue with a sure, even if slow, path to processing and approval.

Now under EE, you don't know if you'll be selected for processing because you're being ranked against others and you have no idea how well you rank compared to those other profiles. And there'll be no occupations list so pretty much anyone can apply. Among the non-LMIA profiles there'll be so many with scores so close to each other that getting selected without LMIA or provincial nomination will be essentially no different from a lottery. (Remember, they have no legal obligation to process you, so without LMIA you're putting your profile into a black hole and hope you win the lottery).

I still stand by this though: you may not need LMIA or even a job offer at all to submit an EE profile but you won't get the 600 points without LMIA, regardless of your status in Canada.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
praneet87 said:
What is the purpose of the Canadian Experience Class? I don't even know if you're being serious or just trolling here. You seem to have some sort of anti-immigrant sentiment. I am lucky to have a job here? I worked hard, graduated and interviewed for a job that was interviewed by locals alike and won that job over them. How does that make me lucky ? Where is luck here?

Again you took it to extreme. A lot of people like Canada as a choice of education because assimilation was easy. If that is not the case then yes student population will take a hit.
Yes you're lucky to have permission to work because it's more than you'd get in the US. Why don't you try studying in the US and see how much they care that you work hard to graduate? Again you're b****ing because we're not giving you more. I find that absurd!

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:
Yes, I get that. My employer does sponsor for PNP and I have chosen not to do so because it ties me down here which I don't want. If this is the fact then yes I am going to accept it; what other choice do I have. But again, this is all speculative. Untill February passes we don't exactly know whats going to happen. I know I am in a better place than most because im already here, employed with an employer ready to give a sponsorship; but what about the thousands of students who are in schools or are working on PGWPs; what about them? I just feel this is unfair. Again, so much hostility towards our concern.
Let me ask you this, wouldnt be better for you to accept that nomination, live through it until you get your PR status and then move on? I do not know your personal cicumstances but, wouldnt work?

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
Delusional is a bit extreme. What I'm saying is that people should stop focusing on points scores because from now on that will not be the crucial factor in their success.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Yes, it is possible to get selected without LMIA or provincial nomination (in fact, the CIC website says this). But it's not like before, where if you had enough points you could just submit an application and they had a legal obligation to process it so you were put in a queue with a sure, even if slow, path to processing and approval.

Now under EE, you don't know if you'll be selected for processing because you're being ranked against others and you have no idea how well you rank compared to those other profiles. And there'll be no occupations list so pretty much anyone can apply. Among the non-LMIA profiles there'll be so many with scores so close to each other that getting selected without LMIA or provincial nomination will be essentially no different from a lottery. (Remember, they have no legal obligation to process you, so without LMIA you're putting your profile into a black hole and hope you win the lottery).

I still stand by this though: you may not need LMIA or even a job offer at all to submit an EE profile but you won't get the 600 points without LMIA, regardless of your status in Canada.
Look man, I have no qualms with you. My whole frustration stems from what exactly you have stated. With the CEC we had a separate stream to apply for PR which had its own limitations (Cap). But now with that all gone and even though we have high skilled jobs (NOC A, NOC B, NOC 0) we are in a pool with people who have never lived or worked in Canada. This is my frustration. Having a CEC and then suddenly announcing a huge change is frustrating. Needing employers who have to do LMIA for future PGWP limits their chances at getting jobs. Which again is frustrating.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
omaus25 said:
Let me ask you this, wouldnt be better for you to accept that nomination, live through it until you get your PR status and then move on? I do not know your personal cicumstances but, wouldnt work?
Don't you see what he's saying? He not only thinks he's entitled to permanent residence (when in fact in no other country would he qualify just by working there), but he also wants to get his PR through a particular route, because that suits his future better.

The nerve of the Government of Canada to change its laws and mess up the plans of these high dignitaries!!!

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omaus25 said:
Yes it will. I will have to do that right? I just had higher career prospects and wanted to chase that. But I guess that is not possible.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
marcus66502 said:
Yes you're lucky to have permission to work because it's more than you'd get in the US. Why don't you try studying in the US and see how much they care that you work hard to graduate? Again you're b****ing because we're not giving you more. I find that absurd!
Buddy I don't know where you came from, but you are not any better than anyone else on here, regardless of your status in Canada. I lived here long enough to consider myself a part of this country.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:
Yes it will. I will have to do that right? I just had higher career prospects and wanted to chase that. But I guess that is not possible.
come on bud, is just another challenge in life for a greater good, you have it in your favor to some extent, be patient and go for it. You are focusing on the negatives here and that does not help you at all. Try to see the bigger picture!!! COME ON!!!!

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
I saw this article today, clarifies a lot of the confusion, at least for me personally.

http://www.mondaq.com/canada/x/358372/work+visas/Applications+for+Permanent+Residency+Under+Express+Entry

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Phil89 said:
Buddy I don't know where you came from, but you are not any better than anyone else on here, regardless of your status in Canada. I lived here long enough to consider myself a part of this country. Moreover, being a PR and spending your free time in this thread means only that you are a looser and don't have a life. Don't forget to renew your PR, good luck with that.
Where I came from is none of your business. If you don't have anything to say other than throwing value judgments and calling people names, you could try the World Wrestling Federation forums. I hear the name calling and insults get really heated there!

Everybody spends their free time however they want. I have a few things to say on this thread's topic and I will say them.

If you don't like my posts, let me remind you that reading them is optional. In fact, you could stop reading this very moment (that shouldn't be too hard)!

Did I just hear you say "renew your PR"? Oh boy. Some PR hopefuls don't know what PR means. Maybe they're never meant to know.

ashlireza

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2014
marcus66502 said:
Where I came from is none of your business. If you don't have anything to say other than throwing value judgments and calling people names, you could try the World Wrestling Federation forums. I hear the name calling and insults get really heated there!

Everybody spends their free time however they want. I have a few things to say on this thread's topic and I will say them.

If you don't like my posts, let me remind you that reading them is optional. In fact, you could stop reading this very moment (that shouldn't be too hard)!

Did I just hear you say "renew your PR"? Oh boy. Some PR hopefuls don't know what PR means. Maybe they're never meant to know.
:D :D You remind me of a good friend of mine! He has a habit of pursuing arguments that have no benefits for him.
You have some valid points and you are technically right about this whole LIMA deal but bear this in mind: Canada will recruit immigrants and guess what: IT IS NOT UP TO YOU TO END IT.