+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called CIC Agent and ask for BOWP

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Today I called CIC and I was explained my situation about my work permit status in Canada.

they asked me few questions.

1. Did I applied PR --- YES
2. DID I receive AOR --- YES

They informed that Im eligible to apply BOWP and the processing takes 3 weeks so they suggested me to apply Immediately..

and also I cleared do I need to have review of eligibility set to pass before I applying BOWP they said there is no need .

VO will assess my case and issue the BOWP.

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
BabaKasmani said:
Did u apply under EE
yes Applied. till yesterday I was seeing this forums and people comments ..

today I clarified and I applied

fee I thought was 155 but its 255 and they are asking Itenary of my travel as well .

I've email proof from CIC call center agent ... So go a head and dont waste your time in checking the PR status..

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naga.msbi said:
yes Applied. till yesterday I was seeing this forums and people comments ..

today I clarified and I applied

fee I thought was 155 but its 255 and they are asking Itenary of my travel as well .

I've email proof from CIC call center agent ... So go a head and dont waste your time in checking the PR status..
Same thing happen to me today I called agent and he told me I can apply

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
naga.msbi said:
Today I called CIC and I was explained my situation about my work permit status in Canada.

They informed that Im eligible to apply BOWP and the processing takes 3 weeks so they suggested me to apply Immediately..

and also I cleared do I need to have review of eligibility set to pass before I applying BOWP they said there is no need .

which number did u call

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
In my opinion you guys have got AOR from CIC, but not from CIO as it's required to apply for BOWP. Can someone confirm this? if you guys are right.. can do a step by a step on how to apply for a BOWP?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fvidania said:
In my opinion you guys have got AOR from CIC, but not from CIO as it's required to apply for BOWP. Can someone confirm this? if you guys are right.. can do a step by a step on how to apply for a BOWP?

Yes we got AOR from CIC. Here is the link to check eligibility to apply BOWP

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.

For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

By looking at this we can apply BOWP once we get AOR but i was told by some one in this forum .. AOR is not sufficient so I hold my BOWP application as there was lot of discussion went in the other links you can search it.

I decided to call CIC agent and uploaded all my documents last week itself .. When I called and I was talking with him for almost 10 min and I explained my situation (applied PR and recieved AOR).

He repeatedly asking me

1. Did I created the EE profile.
2. Did I got ITA.
3. Did I received AOR.

and he said straightaway apply for BOWP and he also said 3 weeks processing time.. I asked him my PR application Eligibility status in Open not yet passed and Can I still apply for BOWP.

he said you can there are no issues . Visa Officer will go through the entire file and he will reply back ...

that's what I was told by CIC. I literally wasted 1 week of time to get this answer or else I would have apply long back though the result is not in our hand .

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naga.msbi said:

That's Awesome Naga....

Please do update your status I hope you get your work permit soon.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
Yes we got AOR from CIC. Here is the link to check eligibility to apply BOWP

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.

For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

By looking at this we can apply BOWP once we get AOR but i was told by some one in this forum .. AOR is not sufficient so I hold my BOWP application as there was lot of discussion went in the other links you can search it.

I decided to call CIC agent and uploaded all my documents last week itself .. When I called and I was talking with him for almost 10 min and I explained my situation (applied PR and recieved AOR).

He repeatedly asking me

1. Did I created the EE profile.
2. Did I got ITA.
3. Did I received AOR.

and he said straightaway apply for BOWP and he also said 3 weeks processing time.. I asked him my PR application Eligibility status in Open not yet passed and Can I still apply for BOWP.

he said you can there are no issues . Visa Officer will go through the entire file and he will reply back ...

that's what I was told by CIC. I literally wasted 1 week of time to get this answer or else I would have apply long back though the result is not in our hand .
A quick question krishna......Are you applying BOWP is because your existing work permit expiring?

My question I dont think I can work for my employer any longer with LMIA ......... Can You apply for BOWP after AOR and Quit existing jobe with our effecting your EE file. :p

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Champ16 said:
A quick question krishna......Are you applying BOWP is because your existing work permit expiring?

My question I dont think I can work for my employer any longer with LMIA ......... Can You apply for BOWP after AOR and Quit existing jobe with our effecting your EE file. :p
My work permit expires in May first week. I came to Canada on LMO - NOC 2174 and still I'm continuing with the same employer . My employer is happy to sponsor LMIA and he applied LMIA last week and he said he will send the proof of LMIA application as the LMIA application process takes some time ...

I was initially hesitating to apply BOWP by looking at other links I learned that EE application Eligibility should set to pass. Inorder to come out from ambiguity I called CIC today I was explaining that I applied PR with new Express entry program and I received AOR they asked me apply as Im eligible.

I personally believe take ideas from this forum and confirm with CIC and check the eligibility and apply ....that's all you can do right.

Last week I was gathering information and today I called CIC they are very helpful this is the first time I called them and they took time and they are asking questions based on situation they suggested me to apply

I was asking them Review of Eligibility and first stage approval ; they said Once you receive AOR I can apply.

Does one of the following apply to you?
I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

First Stage approval = Review of Eligibility set to Pass or received AOR from CIC.

SO if have AOR with Express entry call CIC and apply it .. that's what I did .

I suggest you to take ideas from the forum and confirm with CIC and apply ..

Can You apply for BOWP after AOR and Quit existing jobe with our effecting your EE file. Tongue

Trust me even I dont like to continue with my employer but safe side until you get PR stay with him you already waited till now waiting more 6 months doesnt make you much difference. As CIC promised that they deal with PR application with in 6 months. It's just my idea

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
naga.msbi said:

Thanks naga for the update :)

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
First Stage approval = Review of Eligibility set to Pass or received AOR from CIC.
It actually says

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO
I think this is why so many people are confused, since the EE AOR comes from CIC, automated, without anyone actually looking at it.
But if you have talked to someone at CIC and told them about your situation and they told you to apply, then you'll most certainly be fine.