+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Called CIC Agent and ask for BOWP

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toben said:
It actually says

I think this is why so many people are confused, since the EE AOR comes from CIC, automated, without anyone actually looking at it.
But if you have talked to someone at CIC and told them about your situation and they told you to apply, then you'll most certainly be fine.
yes you are right CIC notes created confusion I strongly agree and Im not pointing anyone mistakes .... I wanted to update my status ....

I strongly recommend people who have AOR they can call CIC and explain your situation and listen what they say and apply ...

Till morning I was afraid to talk CIC after I called them I came to know they are so friendly and asking questions about my situation and they suggested me to apply BOWP.

May be the guy who picked my call had a nice weekend.

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
I am currently in the pool with eligibility for CEC. I have not ITA. My permit expires in June. Can I apply for BOWP? Or do i have to wait for ITA?

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
yes you are right CIC notes created confusion I strongly agree and Im not pointing anyone mistakes .... I wanted to update my status ....

I strongly recommend people who have AOR they can call CIC and explain your situation and listen what they say and apply ...

Till morning I was afraid to talk CIC after I called them I came to know they are so friendly and asking questions about my situation and they suggested me to apply BOWP.

May be the guy who picked my call had a nice weekend.
Well.... CIC call center is not a good place to ask questions cos they are not so professional and most of the time don't know what they are talking about ....however if you have no other choice then just try to apply BOWP and pray for CIO can finish reviewing your EE application before the WP Visa Officer check on your BOWP application.
Cos I think for EE that AOR is an automatic message and it does not mean you have passed the review from CIO.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope for the best said:
Well.... CIC call center is not a good place to ask questions cos they are not so professional and most of the time don't know what they are talking about ....however if you have no other choice then just try to apply BOWP and pray for CIO can finish reviewing your EE application before the WP Visa Officer check on your BOWP application.
Cos I think for EE that AOR is an automatic message and it does not mean you have passed the review from CIO.
Man if not CIC call center who are good professionals Is it lawyers . I definetly know if we touch them they will screw us and we will end up by paying thousands of dollars . Well CIC call center people are getting paid to give us quality information since there is lot of confusion in CIC site. Well I got AOR after 1 day and it's not immediate I don't know with in 10-15 hrs what happened and why they gave me AOR.

Initially I was thinking same about regarding BOWP I was continuously sending message in this forums more over I don't hear CIC rejecting people who already applied bowp based on EE cec AOR . If you have time you can wait until your pr application eligibility status set to pass. It's all based on individual fate . My situation is different I work for IT and I guess I'm good tax payer in this country if they give I will pay tax if not good bye to Canda I go back to UK from where I came from.

Actually I don't want to share my cic conversation . since I feel may be my experience with cic will help the people who have fear to apply bowp if they are in my situation. It's all upto you people I asked you not to apply based on my case .. People if they want to apply I requested them to call Cic call center and apply.

Good luck and have fun ...

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
krishna19 said:
Man if not CIC call center who are good professionals Is it lawyers . I definetly know if we touch them they will screw us and we will end up by paying thousands of dollars . Well CIC call center people are getting paid to give us quality information since there is lot of confusion in CIC site. Well I got AOR after 1 day and it's not immediate I don't know with in 10-15 hrs what happened and why they gave me AOR.

Initially I was thinking same about regarding BOWP I was continuously sending message in this forums more over I don't hear CIC rejecting people who already applied bowp based on EE cec AOR . If you have time you can wait until your pr application eligibility status set to pass. It's all based on individual fate . My situation is different I work for IT and I guess I'm good tax payer in this country if they give I will pay tax if not good bye to Canda I go back to UK from where I came from.

Actually I don't want to share my cic conversation . since I feel may be my experience with cic will help the people who have fear to apply bowp if they are in my situation. It's all upto you people I asked you not to apply based on my case .. People if they want to apply I requested them to call Cic call center and apply.

Good luck and have fun ...
Krishna, can you please answer one thing for me? Have you recieved ITA or no? Are you applying for BOWP without ITA?

Thanks

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redd23 said:
Krishna, can you please answer one thing for me? Have you recieved ITA or no? Are you applying for BOWP without ITA?

Thanks
Krishna applied with AOR. You only get AOR when you have received ITA and made payment. Hope this indirectly answer your question.

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
what is the processing time for a BOWP?
Can I apply for BOWP and if it gets rejected, can I apply for extension of my work permit in a paper application to have that "implied status" time?

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
krishna19 said:
Yes we got AOR from CIC. Here is the link to check eligibility to apply BOWP

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.

For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

By looking at this we can apply BOWP once we get AOR but i was told by some one in this forum .. AOR is not sufficient so I hold my BOWP application as there was lot of discussion went in the other links you can search it.

I decided to call CIC agent and uploaded all my documents last week itself .. When I called and I was talking with him for almost 10 min and I explained my situation (applied PR and recieved AOR).

He repeatedly asking me

1. Did I created the EE profile.
2. Did I got ITA.
3. Did I received AOR.

and he said straightaway apply for BOWP and he also said 3 weeks processing time.. I asked him my PR application Eligibility status in Open not yet passed and Can I still apply for BOWP.

he said you can there are no issues . Visa Officer will go through the entire file and he will reply back ...

that's what I was told by CIC. I literally wasted 1 week of time to get this answer or else I would have apply long back though the result is not in our hand .

very wary of this response from CIC. Think this is an example of somebody in the call centre that does not have a clue. By all means apply but how can they grant you a BOWP before they have judged ur eligible. On another point three weeks waiting time for BOWP well im waiting three weeks at moment and people are waiting more for BOWP so another example of call centree staff talking out of their a**. Its so unfair they cant give people correct answers

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Champ16 said:
A quick question krishna......Are you applying BOWP is because your existing work permit expiring?

My question I dont think I can work for my employer any longer with LMIA ......... Can You apply for BOWP after AOR and Quit existing jobe with our effecting your EE file. :p
Just don't forget you have to update CIC for any kind of status change such as loss of job / job change / getting married etc etc :)

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
fvidania said:
what is the processing time for a BOWP?
Can I apply for BOWP and if it gets rejected, can I apply for extension of my work permit in a paper application to have that "implied status" time?
According to the updates posted on CIC website they are processing applications received on Jan 9, 2015. You can check it on CIC website. As for implied status, you will have it as long as you submit your applications BEFORE your current work permit expires. However, if you submit another application AFTER the first renewal is rejected then you won't have implied status.

Good Luck.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
redd23 said:
I am currently in the pool with eligibility for CEC. I have not ITA. My permit expires in June. Can I apply for BOWP? Or do i have to wait for ITA?
You will have to wait until you have received an ITA AND submitted a complete application AND received the AOR before you can apply for a BOWP.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:
According to the updates posted on CIC website they are processing applications received on Jan 9, 2015. You can check it on CIC website. As for implied status, you will have it as long as you submit your applications BEFORE your current work permit expires. However, if you submit another application AFTER the first renewal is rejected then you won't have implied status.

Good Luck.

According to the updates posted on CIC website they are processing applications received on Jan 9, 2015

Can you provide me the link where I can check the status