+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary Settlers: 2014

vix

Jun 16, 2010
My family and I landed last April 2013 but due to some unfinished business I left last May 2013 with my boys and will be returning again this June 2014. For newly landed immigrants in Calgary, you may visit Newcomers society or CCIS. they will help you a lot. My husband got a job in 3 weeks time after we land thru referral from CCIS. They will also refer you to an organization that provides short term courses funded by the government. You will receive living allowance while upgrading your qualification. It's a great help. they even offered to give us king size bed for free.

Goodluck everyone. Go with lots of positive attitude and perseverance. Life is not a bed of roses in Canada but by God's grace combined with your perseverance and patience, it is indeed a dream land.

Rajdeep_Punjab13

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ludhiana
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
08-08-2013
Interview........
Waived OFf
Passport Req..
15-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 3rd Feb2014
LANDED..........
Planning by 15th May2014
vix said:
My family and I landed last April 2013 but due to some unfinished business I left last May 2013 with my boys and will be returning again this June 2014. For newly landed immigrants in Calgary, you may visit Newcomers society or CCIS. they will help you a lot. My husband got a job in 3 weeks time after we land thru referral from CCIS. They will also refer you to an organization that provides short term courses funded by the government. You will receive living allowance while upgrading your qualification. It's a great help. they even offered to give us king size bed for free.

Goodluck everyone. Go with lots of positive attitude and perseverance. Life is not a bed of roses in Canada but by God's grace combined with your perseverance and patience, it is indeed a dream land.
Hi Vix,

Thaks for ur soothing words. It will defintly help us all to settle in Calgary. I will be in calgary in 3rd Week of May2014. Will need ur help to get settled more smmothly.

Do Pm me ur number and i can talk to you.

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
PER: 02-03-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013(M Received on 9-12-2013)
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
vix said:

Hello VIX,

....a great insight for real.i wil be landing next month(March ending).I will definitely visit CCIS.

Thanks,

I hv pm you

TO DREAMLAND

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recd on 24th Feb '14
Calgary settlers, kindly share more information. That would be of great help to us who would like to join you sooner or later.

vikasraj

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Bangalore --> Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
IELTS Request
June 13, 2013
File Transfer...
January 6, 2014
Med's Request
9 Jan 2014
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon!!
Hello Everyone!!!

I am planning to move to Calgary!!!
Can someone advice me with regards to a few questions:
Which area within Calgary is safe and affordable to stay and the reliable website to search houses on rent?
Any job consultants/ recruiters (We are a couple - Wife into Health care administration and me in SAP basis.)
Suitable bank account for new comers?
How does usually someone carry money from there native country?
Approx cost of living for a couple for a month in Calgary.
Which carrier service is good for mobile?
Can we take the tab offer since we are new and with no credit history? (Liked wind mobile offers in tab, suggestions required)

Thanks a lot in advance will be happy for the answers Smiley

Cheers,
Vikas Raj

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
vikasraj said:
Hello Everyone!!!

I am planning to move to Calgary!!!
Can someone advice me with regards to a few questions:
Which area within Calgary is safe and affordable to stay and the reliable website to search houses on rent?
Any job consultants/ recruiters (We are a couple - Wife into Health care administration and me in SAP basis.)
Suitable bank account for new comers?
How does usually someone carry money from there native country?
Approx cost of living for a couple for a month in Calgary.
Which carrier service is good for mobile?
Can we take the tab offer since we are new and with no credit history? (Liked wind mobile offers in tab, suggestions required)

Thanks a lot in advance will be happy for the answers Smiley

Cheers,
Vikas Raj
Hi Vikas,

first of all welcome to calgary and second is that you have taken a very nice decision of coming to calgary as at this point of time it is the best place to settle down .

the site to find place to stay are google calgary kijiji,rentfaster.ca it will help.
all areas are good ne is more desi and u will find cheap basements,nw is expensive sw is almost same is nw,se is more industrial,i would suggest you areas like coventry hills ,harvest hills,panorama,sky view .

for job try protemps placements that where i got my job from god bless these ppl.

and congrats bro your have has a very nice profession she will settle down really fast and well.

i didn tget you profession sorry.

for bank accounts RBC will open a bank account for you same day and will give u and your wife credit cards right away ;),even other banks have good offers .

abt money i got mine via travellers cheque.

cost of living depends for the intial 2 months it can be 2000 to 3000 dollars .

aftyer little bit settlement after 2 months until one year 3000 dollars as you will have to do a lot of shopping.

after one year say 3000 to 4000 depending on if you buy a house or rent and what kind of car you drive and what kind of habbits you have ;).

dont know much about mobile sorry i am with rogers bhai phone services bhaut mengi hai yaha pe :eek:.

well for me get back to me at welcome to calgary topic specially meant for ppl coming to calgary.

cheers

vikasraj

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Bangalore --> Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
IELTS Request
June 13, 2013
File Transfer...
January 6, 2014
Med's Request
9 Jan 2014
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon!!
jassig said:
Hi Vikas,

first of all welcome to calgary and second is that you have taken a very nice decision of coming to calgary as at this point of time it is the best place to settle down .

the site to find place to stay are google calgary kijiji,rentfaster.ca it will help.
all areas are good ne is more desi and u will find cheap basements,nw is expensive sw is almost same is nw,se is more industrial,i would suggest you areas like coventry hills ,harvest hills,panorama,sky view .

for job try protemps placements that where i got my job from god bless these ppl.

and congrats bro your have has a very nice profession she will settle down really fast and well.

i didn tget you profession sorry.

for bank accounts RBC will open a bank account for you same day and will give u and your wife credit cards right away ;),even other banks have good offers .

abt money i got mine via travellers cheque.

cost of living depends for the intial 2 months it can be 2000 to 3000 dollars .

aftyer little bit settlement after 2 months until one year 3000 dollars as you will have to do a lot of shopping.

after one year say 3000 to 4000 depending on if you buy a house or rent and what kind of car you drive and what kind of habbits you have ;).

dont know much about mobile sorry i am with rogers bhai phone services bhaut mengi hai yaha pe :eek:.

well for me get back to me at welcome to calgary topic specially meant for ppl coming to calgary.

cheers
THanks a lot for your replies it is very helpful to everyone coming to Calgary. :) :) :)
I am also thinking about NW or NE , the locations given by you also are a part of my consideration.
Placement ke liye thanks I shall look it up online.
I work as an SAP consultant here. Chalega i will check with the consultancy about it.
Bank i was thinking if we can make an account in scotia bank and then move to RBC, How is the ATM scene for both the banks.
Please let me know if Scotia is better or RBC?
In terms of phone is Wind good, can you try checking with your colleagues and all aagar koi use karta hai to ;D
Thanks again for the info. :)

vikasraj

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Bangalore --> Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
IELTS Request
June 13, 2013
File Transfer...
January 6, 2014
Med's Request
9 Jan 2014
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon!!
jassig said:

cheers
Bhai... Please share the link for the thread... Thanks in advance... :) :)

RTJ

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3142<br/>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013<br/>Docs Reached: 03-05-2013<br/>ECA Completed: 03-05-2013<br/>ECA Received: 07-05-2013<br/>App. Sent: 15-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013<br/>CC Charged : 30-07-2013<br/>PER Received : 01-08-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
03-12-2013<br/>PP, RPRF & PCC Submitted: 08-01-2014<br/>RPRF Resubmitted: 20-01-2014<br/>DM: 22-02-2014
vikasraj said:
Bhai... Please share the link for the thread... Thanks in advance... :) :)
Hi Vikas,

Here is link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/welcome-to-calgary-t186846.30.html

vikasraj

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Bangalore --> Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
IELTS Request
June 13, 2013
File Transfer...
January 6, 2014
Med's Request
9 Jan 2014
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon!!
RTJ said:
Hi Vikas,

Here is link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/welcome-to-calgary-t186846.30.html
Thanks for the link.