09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton
Hello,
I would be really grateful if anyone from Calgary visa office can share here virtual oath ceremony experiences .

Thanks ,

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
It was very simple. Join zoom meeting, they will let you in then give you instructions to change your name to seat number. Then you will go to private zoom room to confirm you are in Canada, addresses, any reasons you should not be granted citizenship today like legal issues, and they will ask about if you are travelling and need certificate sooner and then you will cut PR card. Then you will go back to main room with everyone and stay on mute for a while. Listen to the ceremony then all together you will say oath and be sworn in by judge. Then again the clerk will provide instructions about sending oath form back to them by email. And that is it, mine from Calgary office took about an hour.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
It was very simple. Join zoom meeting, they will let you in then give you instructions to change your name to seat number. Then you will go to private zoom room to confirm you are in Canada, addresses, any reasons you should not be granted citizenship today like legal issues, and they will ask about if you are travelling and need certificate sooner and then you will cut PR card. Then you will go back to main room with everyone and stay on mute for a while. Listen to the ceremony then all together you will say oath and be sworn in by judge. Then again the clerk will provide instructions about sending oath form back to them by email. And that is it, mine from Calgary office took about an hour.
Your response is so helpful I love it thank you Diana!!

Reactions: saleem7821

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hello there! I had my oath this morning :) It was 94 of us from 38 different countries. The judge was from Manitoba, so I'm not sure if we were all from Calgary or from all over. I really liked seeing how most people decorated their homes for the occasion. Most people had a Canadian flag behind them, but there were quite a few (myself included) with banners, balloons, etc. The video you watch at the start is quite emotional, and we all got a little choked up after the oath, including the judge! After the oath, you get to watch a welcome message from Justin Trudeau, and then you sing the national anthem as a Canadian for the first time. The last step is for the clerk to show you a slideshow with the instructions on signing and sending your oath. After that, you can stay if you have any questions for a clerk. Otherwise, you are free to go.

It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. When is the big day for you??

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hello there! I had my oath this morning :) It was 94 of us from 38 different countries. The judge was from Manitoba, so I'm not sure if we were all from Calgary or from all over. I really liked seeing how most people decorated their homes for the occasion. Most people had a Canadian flag behind them, but there were quite a few (myself included) with banners, balloons, etc. The video you watch at the start is quite emotional, and we all got a little choked up after the oath, including the judge! After the oath, you get to watch a welcome message from Justin Trudeau, and then you sing the national anthem as a Canadian for the first time. The last step is for the clerk to show you a slideshow with the instructions on signing and sending your oath. After that, you can stay if you have any questions for a clerk. Otherwise, you are free to go.

It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. When is the big day for you??
Well my eyes already teared up reading this I don’t even know what I’m gonna do that day. Mine is on the 4th of January. 3 weeks left. I have never used Zoom. Do you have any recommendations for that? It’s easy to use I guess right?
Also I have a trip planned at the end of January, did they ask about if you want the certificate urgently or not? Thanks!!

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Well my eyes already teared up reading this I don’t even know what I’m gonna do that day. Mine is on the 4th of January. 3 weeks left. I have never used Zoom. Do you have any recommendations for that? It’s easy to use I guess right?
Also I have a trip planned at the end of January, did they ask about if you want the certificate urgently or not? Thanks!!
haha maybe have some tissues ready, then! Zoom is very easy to use, but I would recommend that you practice how to go off mute and off camera, since you will need to do both during the ceremony. Everyone must go off mute for the oath, and if you don't know how to do that, you may experience delays (it happened to one of the applicants this morning). Everyone must also go off camera for the selfie with the judge.

And yes, when you register at the beginning, the clerk will ask if you have any travel in the next 2-4 weeks. They're unable to guarantee that you will receive the certificate on time, as it all depends on the supervisor and on Canda Post. You will have a better shot if your trip is for urgent reasons (medical, family emergency, etc.), but they will likely still say that there's no guarantee. You can chat with the clerk about your specific case, since the registration is private (no other applicants with you). There is also time for questions at the end if you need to speak with a clerk again.

Good luck with everything! Enjoy your oath :)

Reactions: Omegabyte

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
I really appreciate you taking the time to share with us. Thanks ☺

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........

Thank you and I really appreciate. I wish if this day comes to us soon. Waiting

Reactions: Omegabyte

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
Is there anyone recently gone through virtual oath ceremony with Calgary office ?