+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary Landing

patrician

Dec 1, 2008
Hi guys,

I am planning to land in Calgary, AB in two weeks. Anybody who has landed there, can you please post the details of hotels (decent/cheap). And I dont have an address in Alberta for PR cards, SIN, Can I use address in Toronto?

Thanks,
Patrician.

C

cchabert

patrician said:
Hi guys,

I am planning to land in Calgary, AB in two weeks. Anybody who has landed there, can you please post the details of hotels (decent/cheap). And I dont have an address in Alberta for PR cards, SIN, Can I use address in Toronto?

Thanks,
Patrician.
Are you coming alone or with the family?

patrician

Dec 1, 2008
I am coming with my family (wife and daughter). Any suggestions for hotel and Can I give Ontario address for PR card and SIN ?.

Any help will be great..

Thanks,
Patrician.

C

cchabert

patrician said:
I am coming with my family (wife and daughter). Any suggestions for hotel and Can I give Ontario address for PR card and SIN ?.

Any help will be great..

Thanks,
Patrician.
Are you coming just for land and come back to US? or to stay and settle?

http://www.suite101.com/content/motel-village-in-calgary-a44150

This hotels are in walking distance to the office were you get you SIN card

patrician

Dec 1, 2008
Well, I am planning to settle as I have no options in US. For now, I will land and come back to USA. Once I get a job I will be back. Thanks for the link.

C

cchabert

patrician said:
Well, I am planning to settle as I have no options in US. For now, I will land and come back to USA. Once I get a job I will be back. Thanks for the link.
In my personal opinion and after living here for 7 months it will be very hard to find a job with you in the US, here people want to see you in person not by skype, but as I said this my perception and I can be wrong.

Good luck!

Peace!

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
I also suggest same. It helps a lot if you are physically present in Canada and show up for face to face job interview.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
patrician said:
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Patrician.

I think better go Kjiji -Calgary and try to find a share accomodation according to your budget like basement / share accommodation in a house. I am also planning to move ther with my family.

calgary3

Aug 31, 2010
patrician said:
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Patrician.

calgary3

Aug 31, 2010
hi
you can try RED CARPET INN on the 16th Avenue Northwest Calgary
it is a motel with facility of kitchenette and family suite
I just stayed there in july -aug
the owner is mr malik who is simply very helpful
if u need to buy things there is safeway very close(5min)
u can use his address for the PR card too
v were very satisfied

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgary3 said:
hi
you can try RED CARPET INN on the 16th Avenue Northwest Calgary
it is a motel with facility of kitchenette and family suite
I just stayed there in july -aug
the owner is mr malik who is simply very helpful
if u need to buy things there is safeway very close(5min)
u can use his address for the PR card too
v were very satisfied
i know mr malik is your uncle and you are trying to advertise for his motel on this forum.

A G

Sep 2, 2010
cchabert said:
In my personal opinion and after living here for 7 months it will be very hard to find a job with you in the US, here people want to see you in person not by skype, but as I said this my perception and I can be wrong.

Good luck!

Peace!
Another option you can try is get a Magic Jack with Alberta number and forward the calls to your US number. When the employer from Alberta calls he will dial a Alberta area number and you will receive the call in the US. Be prepared to travel to Alberta for a face to face at short notice.

calgary3

Aug 31, 2010
Well, u can try Travellers Inn on the 16th Avenue Northwest Calgary it has the same facilities u can call MRS sukhi and use her address for pr card.she is very cooperative
we stayed there for 1 week and it was good too
if u want even better there is Causway Bay Hotel which is good but compared to these it is more money.But it is good and provides breakfast and internet but no kitchenette.