Med's Request: 17/june/2010
Med's Done....: 21/june/2010
Passport Req..: 17/Dec/2010
VISA ISSUED...: 08/01/2011

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all.. i also got my visa last week and planning to land in calgary by spring.... i hope it not too cold then...

good luck to all...

Arkhan

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats n gud luck how ab8 planning for housing
wats ur field? y did u choose calgary

ainpfamily said:
hi all.. i also got my visa last week and planning to land in calgary by spring.... i hope it not too cold then...

good luck to all...

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Arkhan, initially i will be living with our relatives while searching for job and housing...

also i am in IT field and nominated from alberta province that is why choose calgary.

regards,

Arkhan said:
congrats n gud luck how ab8 planning for housing
wats ur field? y did u choose calgary

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am thinking of settling in Calgary in future.Any Pakistanis moving or already moved there plz share your experience regarding housing rent,schools ,shopping etc.

Moreover I would like to know is there any area in Calgary where Pakistanis are concentrated.

Thanks

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
ainpfamily said:
thanks Arkhan, initially i will be living with our relatives while searching for job and housing...

also i am in IT field and nominated from alberta province that is why choose calgary.

regards,
Hi Ainpfamily, first of all....CONGRATULATIONS...

Secondly, i want to ask from you that in how many days your passport was returned back to you after visa stamping??

Thanks,

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks,,

well my visa office was london but m based in islamabad that is why it took more time...

Oct 2010 -- got PPR from london...( submittion of PP copies and PHEP form)
Nov 2010 --- got instructions from london to submit passports to Islamabad.
Jan 2010 -- got Passports back with visa...

approximate time after PPR was close to 3 months (2 months just for stamping in islamabad)...

yours will be much quicker...

good luck.

SATDXB said:
Hi Ainpfamily, first of all....CONGRATULATIONS...

Secondly, i want to ask from you that in how many days your passport was returned back to you after visa stamping??

Thanks,

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
ainpfamily said:
thanks,,

well my visa office was london but m based in islamabad that is why it took more time...

Oct 2010 -- got PPR from london...( submittion of PP copies and PHEP form)
Nov 2010 --- got instructions from london to submit passports to Islamabad.
Jan 2010 -- got Passports back with visa...

approximate time after PPR was close to 3 months (2 months just for stamping in islamabad)...

yours will be much quicker...

good luck.
Hi , thanks for your reply,

Really, 60 DAYS..!!!! ??? ??? ???
London VO,is normally taking 30 days.

Thanks for your wishes... :)

Cheers...

southafricaa

Aug 24, 2010
Hello Penpal,

I have read your story about landing till get job which is amazing. I am in processing to land in Calgary in Jul-11 just a few questions.

1. How long its take time to get PR card from your day of land till card in your hand.

The reason to ask i have to apply for my annual leave as this year i just want to land and come back to Dubai.

Regards

C

catherine1967

mrs B said:
From what I know you wont have any problem at all to find good work in your field, In Calgary if you wanna work, there are lots of good jobs, remember Calgary and oil go hand in hand, make sure you have a good and EASY to read resume.
Hi mrs B! you provide one heck of information to all of us forumers. I too intend to land there in calgary, what do you think is the job opportunities for finance/accounting jobs there? Thanks in advance.. God bless.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
southafricaa said:
Hello Penpal,

I have read your story about landing till get job which is amazing. I am in processing to land in Calgary in Jul-11 just a few questions.

1. How long its take time to get PR card from your day of land till card in your hand.

The reason to ask i have to apply for my annual leave as this year i just want to land and come back to Dubai.

Regards

Hi southafrica,

I also immigrated from Dubai.How is Dubai.

Myself and my wife got the PR card in 45 days time whereas my son got it 3 months time.I really do not know the cause of delay in my son's case.Probably by the looks of it ,it seems that the guys totally missed out to ptocess my son's PR card.I had remind them several phone calls to get this thing done.So you can take an average of 45 days normally,but you never know.So to be safe i would suggest that you give the canadian address and travel back and tell your friends or relatives or the caretaker where you stay to mail it back to you rather than u waiting for it.

Thanks

KShahid

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 10
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Aug 10
Med's Done....
Aug 10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 10
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11
LANDED..........
Last week of March 2011. (Alhamdolillah)
Hello All,

Recieved the visa and I have plan to land in Calgary by mid of March. Can anybody help me to find a furnished Condo for 1 or 2 months?

KS

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
catherine1967 said:
Hi mrs B! you provide one heck of information to all of us forumers. I too intend to land there in calgary, what do you think is the job opportunities for finance/accounting jobs there? Thanks in advance.. God bless.
Yes, there are a lot of jobs being advertised.... but most of them require Canadian experience. So the common question from immigrants is "how can we have experience if the employers out there will not give us the experience. Too sad, but that's what's happening. I don't wanna sound negative or discouraging, I just want those coming in to be ready for a tough journey in finding a job here in Calgary... I should know 'coz my husband (who is a civil engineer with over 20 years of experience in the Middle East) is starting to get frustrated and depressed, he can't even get a Sales Associate job in Home Depot, Staples or Safeway, because they too want somebody with sales experience. In his desperation, he got a janitorial job ,just to earn, even a small amount of money (for himself). I am just so blessed that my former employer in the U.S. offered me a telework job ( I do accounting work online for a U.S. CPA firm), so we can survive.

southafricaa

Aug 24, 2010
Good Day,

Thanks for the information.

Dubai is excellent with the tallest building in the world and shopping malls :D..

penpal said:
southafricaa said:
Hello Penpal,

Regards

Hi southafrica,

I also immigrated from Dubai.How is Dubai.

Myself and my wife got the PR card in 45 days time whereas my son got it 3 months time.I really do not know the cause of delay in my son's case.Probably by the looks of it ,it seems that the guys totally missed out to ptocess my son's PR card.I had remind them several phone calls to get this thing done.So you can take an average of 45 days normally,but you never know.So to be safe i would suggest that you give the canadian address and travel back and tell your friends or relatives or the caretaker where you stay to mail it back to you rather than u waiting for it.

Thanks

Smarty

Jul 14, 2010
Hi AR khan and Prixit and friends,

I am also seeking to land in calgary this year soon.

My Particulars are:

Category........: FSW1
NOC: 1122
Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......: 29/sep/10
PER.......: 08 Feb/11

Prixit, can you tell me something about my occupation 1122: advertising consultant ?? i think i need to get my certificqation from cmc alberta (Certified Management Consultant)? and what else would u suggest me.. thnxx / dhaneyvaad :)

Any other 1122 friends here??

Regards,