+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CALGARY GROUP

Phil Chen

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Well,base on the experience of staying in Calgary in 2008,I could definately say that Calgary is one of best place to rise family.Unlike someone who share his or her experience of living in Calgary saying that"people in Calgary not very friendly",In my point, Calgarian would be most friendly by comparison with others in Canada.I susposed maybe people he or she met in Calgary who were just emmigrated from or new comers still living in their ways.As we are all aware,there are large numbers of Canadian coming from various culture,behavior and everything in mind are surely different,it is hard to be changed in a short time.
As I see it,people mostly I have met there were friendly,althought,I still had some "bad feeling" especially when someone treated me on his/her "owned ways" just like he/she was treated in original country.

Phil Chen

Star Member
May 30, 2011
silverfox said:
Hi all!
Please count me in... I'm considering to land in Calgary this coming May. Can anyone share their thoughts to help me choose between Calgary and Vancouver? Really appreciate any input. ;)
Thanks!
Well,it depends on what you espect to jobs,living style,enviornment and planning of your future.Calgary is a one-shining-industry city,industries there are likely surrounded to the primary---the Oil sand related.
My humble opinion,if you have academy and relevant experiment in engineering that probably easy you to live there.

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
Phil Chen said:
Well,base on the experience of staying in Calgary in 2008,I could definately say that Calgary is one of best place to rise family.Unlike someone who share his or her experience of living in Calgary saying that"people in Calgary not very friendly",In my point, Calgarian would be most friendly by comparison with others in Canada.I susposed maybe people he or she met in Calgary who were just emmigrated from or new comers still living in their ways.As we are all aware,there are large numbers of Canadian coming from various culture,behavior and everything in mind are surely different,it is hard to be changed in a short time.
As I see it,people mostly I have met there were friendly,althought,I still had some "bad feeling" especially when someone treated me on his/her "owned ways" just like he/she was treated in original country.
I think the people are friendly and cooperative as in 2010 the Mayor of Calgery was an immigrant, this shows their acceptability of new immigrants into calgery, even chosen as their leaders.

smaaar

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
PER at 30-5-2011
Therefore ,I Think that Calgary its the most livable city not only inside Canada,In fact its the most livable city arround the word.Specially for all technical and engineering jobs.
So ,I tend to landing in Calgary ISA.

Alshami

Phil Chen said:

ashirale

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2133/2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2007
Doc's Request.
10-2009
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-2011
Hi friends! :D
I'll be landing in Calgary in August! 8)
Excited excited excited!!! ;D

CHHOTTI

Aug 8, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/11
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
30/11/2010
AOR Received.
23/03/2011 & 2nd AOR - 29/04/11 dt. 19/04/11
IELTS Request
sent in original- 6
File Transfer...
04/04/2011 actual recd..by vo......e-case changed to in process 06/04/12 and line added "started processing on 03/04/12
Med's Request
26/7/2012
Interview........
By grace of god got it cleared on 13/6/12
Passport Req..
Email dt. 17/10/12 and hard copy receive 19/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
November 2012
LANDED..........
whenever the right time will come by grace of GOD - plan for March 2013
Hi there,

Please add me too in this thread........I am post june applicant........waiting for MR.................My intended POE is Calgary........

regards
Ritu

nevilraval said:
Thanks Mrs B,
Very nice post really and gives good idea!!
Ma'm can you compare Calgary & Edmonton.
I am an engineer by profession and can work in prodcution,projects,as a supervisor,technician.what do u say about such job markets?!!
Hope to get more posts like this..

thanks in advance

Nevil

dreamergirl

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
dipolog city
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/DEC/2010
AOR Received.
24/MARCH/2011
IELTS Request
sent with FD
Med's Request
4/APRIL/2011
Med's Done....
9-10/MAY/2011 ; 11/MAY/2011 (with ADDENDUM)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hopefully coming
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully waiting
LANDED..........
as soon as visa received
Hi! im planning to land in Calgary and to be settled in Airdrie. Can you share to me the good fully furnished rental properities there? give me their website and contact.. I'm waiting PPR now. Thanks

canadianwannabe said:
Hi all, My family and i are planning to land in Calgary and set up in Airdrie just outside Calgary close to the airport as we have found good fully furnished rental properties here to get us started if all goes well with the visas (fingers crossed). Unfortunatley we are being delat with by Lonon CHC who are very slow we received our 2nd AOR on 5th July 2010 and have been waiting since not showing in process yet and no sign of medicals we were hoping to be gone by now so fingers crosse we will hear something before Christmas an maybe land early next year ???

love20

Oct 21, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
received by G. Miller 20-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011(PER); 09-03-2011(2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
sent along with other docs to CIO
Med's Request
10-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011 in Calgary
dreamergirl said:
Hi! im planning to land in Calgary and to be settled in Airdrie. Can you share to me the good fully furnished rental properities there? give me their website and contact.. I'm waiting PPR now. Thanks
dreamergirl, you can check rentfaster.ca

SUFYAN

Star Member
Apr 4, 2009
Rahim Yar Khan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Islamabad
NOC Code......
1111 / 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All..

Is there any Student Assistant Program in Calgary like OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program), if someone intends to go for any degree program after landing?

Regards,

dreamergirl

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
dipolog city
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/DEC/2010
AOR Received.
24/MARCH/2011
IELTS Request
sent with FD
Med's Request
4/APRIL/2011
Med's Done....
9-10/MAY/2011 ; 11/MAY/2011 (with ADDENDUM)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hopefully coming
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully waiting
LANDED..........
as soon as visa received
thanks a lot love20.

I'm a registered nurse here in the phils. i would like to inquire to enroll the bridging program for RN, and is anyone here an economist by profession? because im also an economist, and im planning to work as an economist for the meantime that Rn is regulated job. Please guide me how the processing especially that econ is non-regulated job and does it needs credential evaluation? if yes, how?

Thanks a lot

love20 said:
dreamergirl, you can check rentfaster.ca

Arkhan

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i m a oil sand loving geologist

Phil Chen said:
Well,it depends on what you espect to jobs,living style,enviornment and planning of your future.Calgary is a one-shining-industry city,industries there are likely surrounded to the primary---the Oil sand related.
My humble opinion,if you have academy and relevant experiment in engineering that probably easy you to live there.

DrSIMRON

May 28, 2011
love20 said:
Hi fellow forumers! I want to start a thread for those who landed in Calgary and those who are planning to land there. please feel free to share your experiences especially to those who are still waiting for their visas. Thanks.
Hi I landed in calgary in april, looking forward to interacting with you guys.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamergirl said:
Check this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/affordable-areas-for-residence-in-calgary-t62423.0.html

drsimron1

Jun 4, 2011
love20 said:
Hi fellow forumers! I want to start a thread for those who landed in Calgary and those who are planning to land there. please feel free to share your experiences especially to those who are still waiting for their visas. Thanks.
any doctors landing in calgary let us get together and look for our prospectives. how to get attachment as observer.kindly share.

DrSIMRON

May 28, 2011
mrs B said:
I am sponsering my husband I am a landed immigrant myself (25 years) both from the Netherlands,
We live in the NW of Calgary..... Expensive city, you have to make lots of money to have a decent life

For a nice condo you pay about 1100-to-1300 (downtown costs more)
for a townhome or home you pay 1300 and up

Groceries all depends on where you get them, stores like Safe-way , Sobey , Co-Op, are pretty expensive but if you look around there are lots of cheaper places, stores like china market (on 17th ave ne) has awesome prices, and there are many more like that

Restaurants, depends all on how fancy you want it, places like the keg are crazy expensive and you dont get much, we like to try out everything, and there are lots of places were my husband and I go that we can have a good meal for around twent bucks (for both)

Electricity, Gas ect all costs about the same everywere, one piece off advise though NEVER EVER SIGN A CONTRACT , no matter how good they make it sound, it will end up costing you BIG

Home phone , there is Telus and Shaw they are about the same, if you have Family overseas get the best package, we pay $47 per month and get unlimited Canada and US calling and 2000 min overseas,plus call display,call forwarding ect... all depends on what you all want.

Gas is cheaper here than in most places.

and we only pay 5 % taxes

furthermore, we find that Calgary is like its own Country, like there not even part off Canada, Yes its true there is racism here, Calgary people are a bit old fashioned, stuck in there ways, not very friendly, its very hard here to get to know people here. we have been living in the nw and no matter how you try no one ever says a word to each other here.

And the weather , YES it gets cold here, very cold ,but at least we get lots of sunshine..

All in All Calgary is ok if you like city life, but if you wont be making good money dont come here because life will be way to hard.

Hope this helps a bit, let me know if you want to know anything specific.......
Hi mrs B you are the senior member among us. i am a foriegn medical graduate was working in dubai before coming to calgary. I have heard of certain voluntary catholic organisations who help new comers to settle like i can get in medical insurance or public health where there is no need for exams. please guide me.