Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rawdah said:
Pls list all the better schools in Calgary. I am looking to enroll my child in school in the coming days.
http://www.compareschoolrankings.org/

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mbaka said:
you cna get a mortgage if you start building your credit history immedaitely you land, but its sweeter if you have a job appointment letter..with that alone ...i dont think you really need to worry about your credit history. most banks avail mortgage to new immigarnts but it all depends on the price of home. the show room we visited in redstone was a detached house, 3 bedroom with basement, 3 bathrooms and they they said that goes for 459k CAD. if you have a 5% down payment you can get that but you need to pay insurance but if you can get at least 20% down payment ..you will not need insurance!
This price of CAD 459.000 is for a brand new house that is going to be built or it exists already? If it is going to be built, is land included in that price and where is it, can you choose the area? Is it a wooden house? Can they redesign some things in accordance with your ideas and needs? What are the interest rates for a mortgage loan - eg. the house you've mentioned with 20% or 30% downpayment on 20 years, how high would the monthly installment be?
As for the kids, do they have any kind of daycare before and after school? If both parents work they are usualy absent from home 08-18 at least, how do people solve this? Is it an extra cost and how much?
Wow, so many questions from me, sorry ;D

Arcflash

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 2015
danielcaspiano said:
My heart belongs to Calgary as well. That's where I'm planning to land even though I chose Red Deer, Alberta in my Generic Form.
Same here daniel..Cheers

qasim786

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Karachi
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/07/2014
Nomination.....
04/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
15/4/2015
Med's Done....
28/4/2015
Interview........
Waived (Third line updated on 15th May 2015)
Passport Req..
04th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
......In Sha Allah all on 23/10/2015

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
rawdah said:
Some very useful infos in the following guide from CIIP

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h5ij0lmub9siskv/dvi7oC-yR1/My%20Resource%20Package.pdf
Thanks

Muhammad Zuhair Arif

Dec 2, 2013
Mbaka said:
Please start job hunting from where ever you are at the moment. Truly if we had known we would have started immediately we got medical request. There is no harm in trying. You can do skpe interviews ... We did some to... Connect with someone in the :D same field with you that is already working in Calgary ...use his resume and touch up yours.... Go to LinkedIn and connect with friends of friends .. It does not matter... It's either yes or No... Keep trying. I think you have a professional job at the moment( process eng)...save with vengeance !!!! Yes save with vengeance ... :D
Thank you yes I am working on it I basically don't have much contacts in Canada I am playing my own blind game.Thankyou will start working on it soon where are u from?i am pakistani currently working in qatar I am planning to resign and then move to Canada what u say is it worth taking risk or should I play safe?

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014

cycloneblurr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 06-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
29-Aug-2014
Med's Request
02-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
08-Sep-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-Nov-2014
rawdah said:
Dear Friends,

Let's make this a common platform for all who are going to settle in Calgary and also those who have already landed / settled in Calgary.

Please share all the useful info here related to settlement, housing, health care, transportation, banking, child care / schooling, community centres, education, careers, jobs, fairs, driving license, landing experience etc and let's help each other and Network.

All the best.
hi rawdah,

thanks for starting this thread. me and my family are also bound for Calgary in 2015.

Cheers! :)

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
emiiuki said:
This price of CAD 459.000 is for a brand new house that is going to be built or it exists already? If it is going to be built, is land included in that price and where is it, can you choose the area? Is it a wooden house? Can they redesign some things in accordance with your ideas and needs? What are the interest rates for a mortgage loan - eg. the house you've mentioned with 20% or 30% downpayment on 20 years, how high would the monthly installment be?
As for the kids, do they have any kind of daycare before and after school? If both parents work they are usualy absent from home 08-18 at least, how do people solve this? Is it an extra cost and how much?
Wow, so many questions from me, sorry ;D
wow :eek:

all these questions!

i will try and give answers to the ones i know...

459kCAD is for a brand new house, it has already been built! waiting for the first occupant!
the land ofcourse is included in the price, it is in REDSTONE. Redstone is a new community in N.E. the community is opposite Skyview, which is an older community too like a yr old or there about...not too sure..

yes you can choose the area you wanna buuild offcourse, no one is mandating you to live anywhere BUT! it depends on the builder you are using! Is your builder building in the area that you desire? If NO ...you can then look for builders in that area..some builders we have relationship with are Jayman MasterBUILT and Morrison Homes! thay have been quite helpful so far... go to their website and register... hey you will be suprised how many sales managers from different area you will have to respond to...the home in REDSTONE THAT WE VISITED IS FOR JAYMAN! ITS THEIR SHOWROOM FOR NOW!

i think you can redesign, its your choice and DOUGH! after all people develop their basement they way they want and rent it out.

interest rates fluctuates like we all know...right now its 3.29% for BOM... You can actually choose between Fixed or variable int rate. your mortgage expert will advise you better on this. the amortisation period also depends on you...you can pay up within 5,10,15,20 or 25 yrs as your spirit and income directs :p.

it is always advisable to drop a huge downpayment so that your monthly instamentals will be minimal, it has to be something you can manage. our immigrant/settlement advisor told us that even if we are both working at the time we are buying the mortgage, we should try and arrive at a monthly instalmental payment that can be handled by just one person..."incase ::)"...you never can tell. "do not allow monthly payment look like a heavy burden to you"..he once said!. remember you need to pay up you other bills monthly that is not inclusive in your mortgage!

there re lots of daycares! it all depends on what you want and your pocket! most are subsidized by the govt for low income earners...

i dont know the fee for now... we just did a short landing!

i hope these helps but you can be more informed on Mortgage if you go to the banks sites...almost all of
them have Mortgage calculator and so many mounth watering packages for New Immigrants!

goodluck!

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
cycloneblurr said:
hi rawdah,

thanks for starting this thread. me and my family are also bound for Calgary in 2015.

Cheers! :)
All the best to you :D

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Muhammad Zuhair Arif said:
Thank you yes I am working on it I basically don't have much contacts in Canada I am playing my own blind game.Thankyou will start working on it soon where are u from?i am pakistani currently working in qatar I am planning to resign and then move to Canada what u say is it worth taking risk or should I play safe?
if you have a professional job at the moment...please play safe! my personal advise... do you have a family? if they can stay put in while you go..that will be safer too..but do not move everyone when you are not sure of what is on th eother side....(still my opinion)

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mbaka said:

all these questions!

459kCAD is for a brand new house, it has already been built! waiting for the first occupant!
the land ofcourse is included in the price, it is in REDSTONE. Redstone is a new community in N.E. the community is opposite Skyview, which is an older community too like a yr old or there about...not too sure..

yes you can choose the area you wanna buuild offcourse, no one is mandating you to live anywhere BUT! it depends on the builder you are using! Is your builder building in the area that you desire? If NO ...you can then look for builders in that area..some builders we have relationship with are Jayman MasterBUILT and Morrison Homes! thay have been quite helpful so far... go to their website and register... hey you will be suprised how many sales managers from different area you will have to respond to...the home in REDSTONE THAT WE VISITED IS FOR JAYMAN! ITS THEIR SHOWROOM FOR NOW!

i think you can redesign, its your choice and DOUGH! after all people develop their basement they way they want and rent it out.

interest rates fluctuates like we all know...right now its 3.29% for BOM... You can actually choose between Fixed or variable int rate. your mortgage expert will advise you better on this. the amortisation period also depends on you...you can pay up within 5,10,15,20 or 25 yrs as your spirit and income directs :p.

it is always advisable to drop a huge downpayment so that your monthly instamentals will be minimal, it has to be something you can manage. our immigrant/settlement advisor told us that even if we are both working at the time we are buying the mortgage, we should try and arrive at a monthly instalmental payment that can be handled by just one person..."incase ::)"...you never can tell. "do not allow monthly payment look like a heavy burden to you"..he once said!. remember you need to pay up you other bills monthly that is not inclusive in your mortgage!

there re lots of daycares! it all depends on what you want and your pocket! most are subsidized by the govt for low income earners...

i hope these helps but you can be more informed on Mortgage if you go to the banks sites...almost all of
them have Mortgage calculator and so many mounth watering packages for New Immigrants!

goodluck!
Thank you very much!
You are so kind puting this much time into all of my questions :)

Muhammad Zuhair Arif

Dec 2, 2013
Mbaka said:
if you have a professional job at the moment...please play safe! my personal advise... do you have a family? if they can stay put in while you go..that will be safer too..but do not move everyone when you are not sure of what is on th eother side....(still my opinion)
Thankyou for advise just started thinking on this even.Can anybody just guide me how to have a canadian number while I am in qatar magic jack and fonego not working

Bobtheaccountant

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/09/2014 received 23/09/2014
Doc's Request.
Photo request received in Feb 2015
Nomination.....
PER 10/01/2015
AOR Received.
(SLU : 24/07/2015)
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
File Transfer...
Jan/Feb
Med's Request
21/07/2015
Med's Done....
31/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/09/2015 - No passport required (no stamping needed)
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued date 01/09/2015, COPR received 11/09/2015
LANDED..........
Not sure yet
Mbaka said:

all these questions!

goodluck!
Mbaka this is great stuff. keep up the good work