+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calculating work experience

Teeyod

Jan 9, 2020
Hello,

I currently have just 1+ year work experience after my degree. I am a Software developer now, but I studied Biology related course in school. During the course of my degree, I spent my school breaks working in tech firms, and can hence surely gather 3 yrs work experience. But is it possible to gather these experiences together into 3 years, since it wasn't continuous?
If yes, it possible to claim 3+ years work experience since my degree isn't relevant to the experience?

LittleRain

Jan 8, 2020
Work done while on a study permit, co-op or internships that are considered part of your education does not count under EE. Only work done when on a PGWP or other work permit can count.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

I currently have just 1+ year work experience after my degree. I am a Software developer now, but I studied Biology related course in school. During the course of my degree, I spent my school breaks working in tech firms, and can hence surely gather 3 yrs work experience. But is it possible to gather these experiences together into 3 years, since it wasn't continuous?
If yes, it possible to claim 3+ years work experience since my degree isn't relevant to the experience?
Did you do all this in Canada or in another country?

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone.
My query is pertaining to work experience.

1 ) Is it mandatory to have CONTINOUS work experience for all the 3 years ?
2) I have done part-time work ( 24hrs per week ) for 2 continous years in my primary NOC .So does part time work that I did for 2 continous years stand valid because I heard that only full time work is considered

3) the following year ,I was hired as a tutor for 1 year ( its like a private tution ) and the buisness runs as per the students that come in.
As per the agreement I am associated with them for 1 full year .
But i was given only 1 month of work as per the students influx to the tution.
The rest of the months ,there weren't any students.
(Had there been , definetly i would have been paid )
So how can I claim points for this ?
Only for the 1 month that I was paid or for 1 full year ?

Kindly can someone clarify.
Thank you

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone.

2) I have done part-time work ( 24hrs per week ) for 2 continous years in my primary NOC .So does part time work that I did for 2 continous years stand valid because I heard that only full time work is considered

3) The following year ,I was hired as a tutor for 1 year ( its like a private tution ) and the buisness runs as per the students that come in.

Thank you

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone.

3) The following year ,I was hired as a tutor for 1 year ( its like a private tution ) and the buisness runs as per the students that come in.

Thank you
1) No.

2) Only one continuous year of full-time or equivalent half-time experience is necessary.

3) You only worked for a month because you were paid only for a month even if you were hired for a year, so this would only count as a single month. Voluntary or unpaid work does not count.

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
1) No.

2) Only one continuous year of full-time or equivalent half-time experience is necessary.

3) You only worked for a month because you were paid only for a month even if you were hired for a year, so this would only count as a single month. Voluntary or unpaid work does not count.
Thank you