+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calculating presence day in Canada before first entry

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Hello folks,
I'm applying for my citizenship and I'm filling out the Physical Presence Calculator form. It asks me about dates in the last 5 years. The thing is I entered Canada about 4 years ago. I'm wondering what I should do with the dates before entering Canada for the first time. Do I have to add that too?
I added it and it results in 0 days (which is correct, because I was not in Canada and it doesn't count towards the days). I'm wondering if I need to add it or not. I added a comment too.
Thanks !

Reactions: k300k3

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello folks,
I'm applying for my citizenship and I'm filling out the Physical Presence Calculator form. It asks me about dates in the last 5 years. The thing is I entered Canada about 4 years ago. I'm wondering what I should do with the dates before entering Canada for the first time. Do I have to add that too?
I added it and it results in 0 days (which is correct, because I was not in Canada and it doesn't count towards the days). I'm wondering if I need to add it or not. I added a comment too.
Thanks !
Yes you do need to

canvan14

May 8, 2014
The eligibility period is 5 years so anything happens during this time (i.e statuses, traveling, job etc.) needed to be recorded.