+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Family just got passport request for pr and copr from cairo visa office. They are working. good luck everyone.
@K7moda Can you plz share how many days it took from the time you sent the passport to Cairo VO to the time you got it back with the visa stamp?

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello , i need advise . my wife got TRV approved however she's in the queue for sponsorship interview so since she wil be coming to Canada on a visitor visa can the interview done in Canada or she has to travel back to Egypt once they scheduled her interview ? someone in the similar case told me he asked Cairo Vo if the interview can be made in Canada if the applicant is there they told him it has to be done in Egypt . our Canadian son will come with her to attend his first school year in Canada , so convenient to leave his school to travel with his mother to attend the interview , yes i know she can travel alone but she's a mother she will not travel alone and our son will not be happy and cry all the time if even this happened , I always thought the interview can be transferred to Canada if the applicant there . please advise of what to do . also if she travel to Egypt again this is against what the prime minster said he warned ppl not to travel during the pandemic so don't know how Cairo VO can be against that and want the applicant to travel .

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Hello , i need advise . my wife got TRV approved however she's in the queue for sponsorship interview so since she wil be coming to Canada on a visitor visa can the interview done in Canada or she has to travel back to Egypt once they scheduled her interview ? someone in the similar case told me he asked Cairo Vo if the interview can be made in Canada if the applicant is there they told him it has to be done in Egypt . our Canadian son will come with her to attend his first school year in Canada , so convenient to leave his school to travel with his mother to attend the interview , yes i know she can travel alone but she's a mother she will not travel alone and our son will not be happy and cry all the time if even this happened , I always thought the interview can be transferred to Canada if the applicant there . please advise of what to do . also if she travel to Egypt again this is against what the prime minster said he warned ppl not to travel during the pandemic so don't know how Cairo VO can be against that and want the applicant to travel .
That's a question only the VO can answer. Some VO hold online interviews but I'm not sure about Cairo. In all cases if they say she has to attend in person then this is it. She can take her son along as missing a few days or a couple of weeks of school isn't a big deal. He can also attend online school while in Egypt. The gov is against non-essential travel, but the interview is requested by the same gov so I guess they know what they're doing. You're very lucky that she got TRV while being sponsored BTW.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Update:
I received an ADR from the Visa Office in Cairo today. Weirdly my son's birth certificate :) , which I already sent a copy of with his application. Guess they are trying to buy some time. Anyway I uploaded it today, but the letter said that it was in the finalizing stage, so silver lining :)

Reactions: *nn*

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Update:
I received an ADR from the Visa Office in Cairo today. Weirdly my son's birth certificate :) , which I already sent a copy of with his application. Guess they are trying to buy some time. Anyway I uploaded it today, but the letter said that it was in the finalizing stage, so silver lining :)
Great news! I think you will receive PPR this week inshaAllah ;) My spouse submitted his passport last week and we're anxiously waiting to receive it back with the visa and copr YARAB! ecas shows DM :)

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Great news! I think you will receive PPR this week inshaAllah ;) My spouse submitted his passport last week and we're anxiously waiting to receive it back with the visa and copr YARAB! ecas shows DM :)
Alf Mabrook I am soooooo Happy for you :D.. Ya rab everyone gets PPR soon and the wait will finally be over for everyone, and we will all put this dreadful process behind us and finally feel like a family..

• Love
Reactions: *nn*

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
That's a question only the VO can answer. Some VO hold online interviews but I'm not sure about Cairo. In all cases if they say she has to attend in person then this is it. She can take her son along as missing a few days or a couple of weeks of school isn't a big deal. He can also attend online school while in Egypt. The gov is against non-essential travel, but the interview is requested by the same gov so I guess they know what they're doing. You're very lucky that she got TRV while being sponsored BTW.
I have a comment on your reply . first we are not lucky for TRV approval , it was not her first TRV it is the second one as first one was refused 4 months ago , so we worked so hard on the reasons for refusal and made a strong application this time covering everything in details so there was no way to be refused this time , it could i guess if the officer wants to but it was just strong enough to be convinced . secondly yes if the VO said the interview has to be done in person the it has to be but we are 23 months application and been waiting for the interview since Oct 2019 that's the date we knew that there will be an interview and till now it hasn't been scheduled yet so we can't be on hold forever and that actually was a reason i stated in the TRV application that a family ( mother . father and child ) can't be on hold forever because the VO can't conduct the interview , so i think if the officer who reviewed her TRV application disagree about what i wrote then he wouldn't have any problem to give her a second refusal . We are in a global pandemic all government services and offices now converted to be online , the minster if immigration himself said that all interviews will be done virtually which means online , so since my wife is going to be in Canada soon which the reason she applied in TRV was the excessive delay in her sponsorship file which is stuck in Cairo VO since May 2019 . she is March 2019 applicant , our son in a Canadian citizen as well which can't be held hostage with his mother forever in Egypt because VO doesn't feel like conducting the interview soon , the delay n not our fault nor the pandemic is our fault or the VO fault but most VO converted interviews to be online per the minster instruction . I don't feel safe that my wife travel back and forth between Canada and Egypt with our 6 years old child of course plus me as well i a global pandemic ,I'm her sponsor and representative at the same time , I raised my concern to the PM office and i got a respond which i screenshot it and attached it to her TRV application which it might helped with her TRV . simply the PM's office promised that my comment has been carefully reviewed and it has been forwarded to the minster of immigration . Canada always concern about the safety and travelling back and forth internationally is against the safety if it can be voided with simple switch to online interview or conducted in Canada . Well when the time comes and they insist to be there then I'll raise and escalate it further but after all trying and escalation if it doesn't work then we as a family will have no choice but to travel riskily to Egypt . Thank you

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
I have a comment on your reply . first we are not lucky for TRV approval , it was not her first TRV it is the second one as first one was refused 4 months ago , so we worked so hard on the reasons for refusal and made a strong application this time covering everything in details so there was no way to be refused this time , it could i guess if the officer wants to but it was just strong enough to be convinced . secondly yes if the VO said the interview has to be done in person the it has to be but we are 23 months application and been waiting for the interview since Oct 2019 that's the date we knew that there will be an interview and till now it hasn't been scheduled yet so we can't be on hold forever and that actually was a reason i stated in the TRV application that a family ( mother . father and child ) can't be on hold forever because the VO can't conduct the interview , so i think if the officer who reviewed her TRV application disagree about what i wrote then he wouldn't have any problem to give her a second refusal . We are in a global pandemic all government services and offices now converted to be online , the minster if immigration himself said that all interviews will be done virtually which means online , so since my wife is going to be in Canada soon which the reason she applied in TRV was the excessive delay in her sponsorship file which is stuck in Cairo VO since May 2019 . she is March 2019 applicant , our son in a Canadian citizen as well which can't be held hostage with his mother forever in Egypt because VO doesn't feel like conducting the interview soon , the delay n not our fault nor the pandemic is our fault or the VO fault but most VO converted interviews to be online per the minster instruction . I don't feel safe that my wife travel back and forth between Canada and Egypt with our 6 years old child of course plus me as well i a global pandemic ,I'm her sponsor and representative at the same time , I raised my concern to the PM office and i got a respond which i screenshot it and attached it to her TRV application which it might helped with her TRV . simply the PM's office promised that my comment has been carefully reviewed and it has been forwarded to the minster of immigration . Canada always concern about the safety and travelling back and forth internationally is against the safety if it can be voided with simple switch to online interview or conducted in Canada . Well when the time comes and they insist to be there then I'll raise and escalate it further but after all trying and escalation if it doesn't work then we as a family will have no choice but to travel riskily to Egypt . Thank you
Then you know what you're doing and have a plan already. Good for you and good luck for the rest of us.

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

amrelroby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
I have a friend who has a very similar situation, he is being sponsored by his wife and he got a visitor visa and now in Canada, he could not change the interview location from Cairo to Canada. He tried with immigration Canada, the embassy in Cairo, and even called the MP for his residence in Canada but nothing really worked (Maybe you can try your MP and be luckier).
So you have two options;
1-Wait until they schedule the interview which could be after some time due to Covid and then your wife could be caught the new 2000$ hotel quarantine, or 2) Apply for inland sponsorship and cancel the application in Cairo, it will mean starting over and repaying the processing fees, however, when your wife gets a case number she can get an open work permit and stay in Canada as long as she wants while the case is processed.

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
So my husband has his medicals done and the doctor's sent the report yesterday to the VO
So we're waiting to get them approved and move on to the next step..
Hopefully things will move quickly for you inshaAllah.

• Love
Reactions: Eida

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018