+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
My husband just received passport request! We are cautiously optimistic since we cannot see 'decision made' yet, and the status on gckey is 'background check in process'. But I wanted to update you nonetheless. This nighmare is hopefully going to end very soon for all of us inshaAllah :)

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
My husband just received passport request! We are cautiously optimistic since we cannot see 'decision made' yet, and the status on gckey is 'background check in process'. But I wanted to update you nonetheless. This nighmare is hopefully going to end very soon for all of us inshaAllah :)
Mabrooook!!!! Mabrook!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: *nn*

Mouradyasser

Aug 19, 2020
Alf Mabroook , Thanks for sharing this news , when was your AOR again ?

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
@Mouradyasser I see from your other message that it's been 26 months for you. Do you know why the delay? what was the last status of your application? medicals done? did you receive any communication from Cairo VO recently? or did you send a webform? 26 months is way too much!

Last edited:

Mouradyasser

Aug 19, 2020
@Mouradyasser I see from your other message that it's been 26 months for you. Do you know why the delay? what was the last status of your application? medicals done? did you receive any communication from Cairo VO recently? or did you send a webform? 26 months is way too much!
Yes my AOR is october 2018 , and the last communication i recieved was on november 2019 a procedural fairness letter as they are not convinced with previous work experience and i sent them all required proofs and its been more than a year now without any response. I sent many emails and webforms and i get a generaic response.

• Sad

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Yes my AOR is october 2018 , and the last communication i recieved was on november 2019 a procedural fairness letter as they are not convinced with previous work experience and i sent them all required proofs and its been more than a year now without any response. I sent many emails and webforms and i get a generaic response.
Maybe you could explore the option of withdrawing the application and applying fresh? express entry? Or get advise from a lawyer. So sorry that you are going through this.

Mouradyasser

Aug 19, 2020
Maybe you could explore the option of withdrawing the application and applying fresh? express entry? Or get advise from a lawyer. So sorry that you are going through this.
Yes express entry , no withdraw option for me at this stage. I prepared the requested documents with an immigration consultant , so i just dont have any option but to wait and see how this will end.

Thanks for your support

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Ommmmggggg im soooo excited now.... can't wait to be our turn yaaaa rab sooon im so sick of waiting more than 30 months
Congratulations!!!!!! Inshallah everyone will get some good news soon

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Quick update for us too... they requested a new medical yesterday (after 2 x expired ones)
So my husband's appointment is tmrw