+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
What's PUM stands for !!
Pick Up Mail for Passport after visa issuance.
I got the passport back and Mycic updated with all details. :)
3o2balk ya rab keda enta kman isa you get good news and all that still waiting to be reunited with your loved ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: omo_lylah

Egypt2018

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
guys this is Driving me nuts, my wifes current passport which is valid till March then it’s cancelled has her English name spelled differently than her official name and papers and as well her completely new passport she will get next will have the same spelling as all of our official papers, it’s just the old passport of hers was handwritten by a person who can’t spell.

Should I photocopy the Arabic part of the passport and get it officially translated with the right spelling and not send a copy of the english side of the passport with the wrong spelling, or do I send the Arabic English and translate one with the right spelling helllllp

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Got my PP stamped back , MyCiC is updated too. wish everyone good news too all of you, thanks so much everyone here. :):D
congrats :) good luck in canada

Reactions: ahmedwaly

noveltyisgone

Dec 18, 2017
Hi guys , I had my interview on November 15th of 017 , the lady asked to keep my passport , the 2 photographs and my ogirinal marriage certificate with the authenticated translation of it , and of course all the other documents they asked for before the interview , she said she will take 2-3 weeks to decide , and till today I have not heard any thing , I sent them an email 4 weeks after my interview and they said it is still under review , now it’s almost 13 weeks , does any one know what does this mean?, also when my wife calls immigration there in Canada , and submit our file number the recorded message said back ground check has not started yet , and it also says any other info will be at the embassy in Cairo which doesn’t reply,y email any more , can any of u bros and sisters tell me what does this mean please ????

Egypt2018

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hi guys , I had my interview on November 15th of 017 , the lady asked to keep my passport , the 2 photographs and my ogirinal marriage certificate with the authenticated translation of it , and of course all the other documents they asked for before the interview , she said she will take 2-3 weeks to decide , and till today I have not heard any thing , I sent them an email 4 weeks after my interview and they said it is still under review , now it’s almost 13 weeks , does any one know what does this mean?, also when my wife calls immigration there in Canada , and submit our file number the recorded message said back ground check has not started yet , and it also says any other info will be at the embassy in Cairo which doesn’t reply,y email any more , can any of u bros and sisters tell me what does this mean please ????
whats your timeline???

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Applied in July 2016
Started processing August 10th 2016
Medical passed
Interview was November 15th 2017 and medicinal extended till October 2018

Now they have my passport for more than 3 months without telling me anything
Medical extension mean you passed the interview and they wait your security or background results, mostly will get something after 3 months from your interview no response is that they want send something good not worry.
To be sure make your wife ask MP or request GCMS notes.

noveltyisgone

Dec 18, 2017
Medical extension mean you passed the interview and they wait your security or background results, mostly will get something after 3 months from your interview no response is that they want send something good not worry.
To be sure make your wife ask MP or request GCMS notes.

I hope you r right bro , because as far as I can tell the lady told me about the extension before the interview started , my wife told me that it’s a good sign since she asked to keep my passport , my wife emailed the MP and he have not answered her yet , and I don’t know what is a GCMS is so if u kindly can explain I would really appreciate it , or if there is another way to ask the MP just tell me and I will let her do it , she’s as much as impatient as me , I don’t know if u red my first comment or not but when she calls immigration there the recorded message says my time line and then says finger print not needed yet and back ground check have not started yet, does this confirm what u said ? Or it is just a standered message .? I also red that u for your passport back so congratulations bro and wish u the best here and there enshallah