Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I have new update on my cic from documents Provided uploaded to no additional documents needed
Other than that nothing more
Now they will usually start your background check/security check.

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
We received our electronic notes. I was just wondering, under a few sections. Example security check (one of the many), say "due date: October 2017. What does that mean?

The estimated time is eleven months ... Which means I should have my answer by the 27th of August. So I don't. Understand why or what this due date: October 2017 is.

Anyone know?

Amronavich

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
We received our electronic notes. I was just wondering, under a few sections. Example security check (one of the many), say "due date: October 2017. What does that mean?

The estimated time is eleven months ... Which means I should have my answer by the 27th of August. So I don't. Understand why or what this due date: October 2017 is.

Anyone know?
I think since your application is in process since November so the security clearance would end in October

Reactions: awesomeness323

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016

Anyone know?
True that is not easy being away of family for long.

can you tell us please more details of your notes? As I'm still waiting for the notes too and in process since 24 NOV

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I think since your application is in process since November so the security clearance would end in October
I think so as well. Cairo Visa office sends a request for other agencies (CSIS, etc) who do the background check. So I'm assuming that is when the agencies estimate they will respond to the request.

Reactions: Amronavich

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront

Anyone know?
If you're referring to the estimated time on the cic website for Cairo visa office, this is an estimate. Some applications take more and some take less. There is no guarantee. My brother sponsored his wife in 7 months and my husband's application took 17 months. Every case is different.

But once you have passed the 11 months estimate, that's when you can be more regular in asking for updates. If it's under 11 months/the estimated time, then cic doesn't really do anything. Also, for my husband's application, I would email Cairo every 1-2 months and each time they told me they were awaiting background check. So it's not something they could do anything about. So even if you pass the 11 months but you're undergoing background check, contacting you PM, etc won't do much but they will send an inquiry on your behalf.

Nsharaf

Mar 13, 2017
If you're referring to the estimated time on the cic website for Cairo visa office, this is an estimate. Some applications take more and some take less. There is no guarantee. My brother sponsored his wife in 7 months and my husband's application took 17 months. Every case is different.

But once you have passed the 11 months estimate, that's when you can be more regular in asking for updates. If it's under 11 months/the estimated time, then cic doesn't really do anything. Also, for my husband's application, I would email Cairo every 1-2 months and each time they told me they were awaiting background check. So it's not something they could do anything about. So even if you pass the 11 months but you're undergoing background check, contacting you PM, etc won't do much but they will send an inquiry on your behalf.
How do you guys receive detailed electronic updates??? I only see application status in process and that my medical results were received etc. A more detailed update would be incredible thanks.. i applied sponsorship outland

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
How do you guys receive detailed electronic updates??? I only see application status in process and that my medical results were received etc. A more detailed update would be incredible thanks.. i applied sponsorship outland
Set up your mycic account.

The above information about when background check was expected to be completed is from gcms notes. You can request a copy for your sponsorship but it's not something that is automatically updated. You can request them whenever. They cost 5$ each time if the PA is not currently in Canada/PR or Canadian citizen.

Last edited:

diaa_algazzar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Urgent Support please.

I am express entry applicant with AOR 5 Jan, 2017, I have received PPR email last 23 July, 2017 and picked up by the embassy next day.

Now 17 days elapsed with no feedback from Cairo Visa Office, I received a phone call from embassy side asking to avoid distributing my routine as there is FINAL APPROVAL NEEDED FROM CANADA. when I asked to speed up this approval, they told me they only could speed it up only after passing 3 MONTHS.

Anyone aware of this strange situation? by the way, my background check unders CICI portal still "we are processing .... "

PLEASE HELP

Amronavich

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Urgent Support please.

I am express entry applicant with AOR 5 Jan, 2017, I have received PPR email last 23 July, 2017 and picked up by the embassy next day.

Now 17 days elapsed with no feedback from Cairo Visa Office, I received a phone call from embassy side asking to avoid distributing my routine as there is FINAL APPROVAL NEEDED FROM CANADA. when I asked to speed up this approval, they told me they only could speed it up only after passing 3 MONTHS.

Anyone aware of this strange situation? by the way, my background check unders CICI portal still "we are processing .... "

PLEASE HELP
Do not worry we are all on the same boat it's just the security clearance I have been waiting for 4 months and 15 days and we haven't received our passports yet but we aren't express entry so no need to worry

diaa_algazzar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
This is terrible, did u submit passports for the embassy and waited for 4 months after submitting.

If this is the case, why did they request the passports at the first place.