+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
wildemam said:
Hi guys. Any body here familiar with cases where "الدخلة" did not happen yet? Is that an issue with Cairo Visa office?
I don't think so,you don't have to mention that anyways and yall b fine

ReaRea

Apr 6, 2015
Just curious, is anyone else waiting for an interview to be scheduled at the cairo visa office and if so how long have you been waiting? My husband has been waiting for nearly 6 months for his interview and when we contacted them they couldn't give us a timeline as to when it could be. Going a little crazy with this long wait.

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
ReaRea said:
Just curious, is anyone else waiting for an interview to be scheduled at the cairo visa office and if so how long have you been waiting? My husband has been waiting for nearly 6 months for his interview and when we contacted them they couldn't give us a timeline as to when it could be. Going a little crazy with this long wait.
That seems like a very long time. When was the last time you contacted them and what exactly did they say?

If it was more than 2 months ago, I'd contact them again.

ReaRea

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks awesomeness for your reply. I contacted them in September and they said my husband would be scheduled for an interview. We had not heard anything so I contacted them again the end of December and was told there was no timeline as to when an interview would be scheduled. It has been 13 months since they received our application. Hopefully soon we will hear something.

awesomeness323

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Anyone remember how long their background check was? (I know it can vary but just trying to get an idea of how long it usually is for Cairo Visa Office.)

My husband's background check has been going on since October 2016. :( I'm wondering how much longer it is going to be.

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
My husband background check was very fast... He got the visa in 4 months.
He didn't travel before, so maybe that's why the background check was so fast?
Or maybe because he had a new agent... (She didn't know anything about Egypt during the interview.)
I hope he will get it very soon!

awesomeness323 said:
Anyone remember how long their background check was? (I know it can vary but just trying to get an idea of how long it usually is for Cairo Visa Office.)

My husband's background check has been going on since October 2016. :( I'm wondering how much longer it is going to be.

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hi,

So I have a question, let's say I get CSQ from Quebec and I want to apply for PR. Since my work-permit will be ending before I get the PR, I'm not sure I will be able to maintain a legal status to stay in Canada. Thus I thought about applying for PR back home in Egypt... so my question is, What's the processing time on average? and who in the visa office processes the documents? and how long does it take to get from Mississauga to the Cairo office?

Lets say I apply for PR from inside Canada, which part of the process do I have to reach to be able to work again in Canada assuming my PGWP has expired? and on average how long does it take to get to that point?

Sorry for so many questions but it's very important.

Thank you

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desertFlower said:
My husband background check was very fast... He got the visa in 4 months.
He didn't travel before, so maybe that's why the background check was so fast?
Or maybe because he had a new agent... (She didn't know anything about Egypt during the interview.)
I hope he will get it very soon!
1- Is an interview in Cairo the rule? did anyone go through the process with no interview?

2- 4 months with everything? or since BG checks started? time line plz.

3- I am newly marrie PR . will apply to sponsor my wife soon. She is Egyptian never travelled before, but may travel during process to the US. Should I worry about that?

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
My husband got his visa within 4 months, I believe his background check was quick (although he has traveled to other countries).
We are Still waiting to land in Canada, only a few more months left before we make the trip of a lifetime, lol
There was no interview for us.
Good Luck

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
wildemam said:
1- Is an interview in Cairo the rule? did anyone go through the process with no interview?

2- 4 months with everything? or since BG checks started? time line plz.

3- I am newly marrie PR . will apply to sponsor my wife soon. She is Egyptian never travelled before, but may travel during process to the US. Should I worry about that?
For us, we had an interview since we are a mixed couple and we had never live together before. It took 4 months totally, including receiving the CSQ from Quebec. And No, you should not be worry about your wife traveling in US. She will need a US tourist visa anyway.

AladdinsGirl said:
My husband got his visa within 4 months, I believe his background check was quick (although he has traveled to other countries).
We are Still waiting to land in Canada, only a few more months left before we make the trip of a lifetime, lol
There was no interview for us.
Good Luck
AladdinsGirl!!!! I'm happy you got the visa!!! I hope everything's good for you! Take care! :-*

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys for your feedbacks, + for both of you.

Is there an average I can assume about the total processing time in Cairo Visa Office. My wife is Egyptian. I am PR, ready to sponsor my wife, recently married, evidence contains photos of ceremonies, address same on national ID and pass. my name is stated in her pass, got family registry, but no significant financial ties yet. What's your opinion about that? I will send application in ~ 1 week.

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
I've submitted my application November 1st (4 months/ 117 days ago) and there has been 0 movement since it was sent to Egypt... No background check in process, no nothing. I tired contacting the embassy for Any info, they auto replied. I miss my wife, and am getting sick of this. Everything right now is a probability. We can't plan for the future because we don't even know when the next time we will see each other will be. The short answer is, I've seen some people finish in 4 months, other in 7 and other in 12+ good luck!

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Khaledious said:
I've submitted my application November 1st (4 months/ 117 days ago) and there has been 0 movement since it was sent to Egypt... No background check in process, no nothing. I tired contacting the embassy for Any info, they auto replied. I miss my wife, and am getting sick of this. Everything right now is a probability. We can't plan for the future because we don't even know when the next time we will see each other will be. The short answer is, I've seen some people finish in 4 months, other in 7 and other in 12+ good luck!
Thanks Khaled.

My problem is more complex. I can not go to Egypt in the next 6 months as I will not be permitted out for militart status reason (no brothers, have to wait to next january to get my exemption renewed and then be able to travel out of egypt again) . Seems really a long wait ahead.

Khaledious

Dec 27, 2016
I Don't think you need to go back though, You're wife just needs to go to El Sigil El Madani, and print out a marriage certificate and birth certificate in English( 100pounds each), Get a Feish and tashbeeh from any police station, and go translate it in Wizart El 3adl, and if you have the original mirrage deed translate it also, stamp it all fe el dakhalya, and sent it all to you then you can fill out the papers, and you can start. Why do you need to go back?