+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hi everyone ,
I HAVE QUEST, How long does it take to process application for parents sponsorship at the Cairo visa office? my file was transfer from 3 month ago till now nothing

PEPO2015

Oct 10, 2015
Hi to all ,

I sent my passport to Cairo visa office , does any one know how long it will take to stamp the visa ???
also do they contact me when they finish or DHL will ? I am confused and don't know how will I receive it since I didn't leave my address in the envelop for returning !!

would appreciate advice from experienced people whom submitted it before or with my same situation.

Thank you

muh_elsayed

Jun 16, 2016
Hi all,
I applied to Sponsor my wife, I got an email requesting a proof of intent to return to Canada, Police clearance of Kuwait (my wife lived there for a while), 2 photos and Passport, VO: Cairo – Egypt on 15/10/2016, I sent the required documents and then they request the original Police clearance of Egypt and my lawyer has submitted it on 18/11/2016, till now there is no news; they have the passport for more than two months till now and no news, Is this timing is normal?.
Here is my timeline:

Category.............: FAM
Visa Office...........: Cairo
App. Filed............: 30-June-2016
SA........... ...........: 6-August-2016
Passport Req.......: 15-October-2016
Passport sent in...: Received by VO in 22- October -2016
Passport Returned: --Still waiting--
Landing...............: ----

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
PEPO2015 said:
Hi to all ,

I sent my passport to Cairo visa office , does any one know how long it will take to stamp the visa ???
also do they contact me when they finish or DHL will ? I am confused and don't know how will I receive it since I didn't leave my address in the envelop for returning !!

would appreciate advice from experienced people whom submitted it before or with my same situation.

Thank you
Hi PEPO,
If you have a simple case, it can take as short as 1 week. They will send it back with DHL. They should already have your address since you filled it in IMM0008. Let us know when you'll get your passport! :)

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
muh_elsayed said:
Hi all,
I applied to Sponsor my wife, I got an email requesting a proof of intent to return to Canada, Police clearance of Kuwait (my wife lived there for a while), 2 photos and Passport, VO: Cairo – Egypt on 15/10/2016, I sent the required documents and then they request the original Police clearance of Egypt and my lawyer has submitted it on 18/11/2016, till now there is no news; they have the passport for more than two months till now and no news, Is this timing is normal?.
Here is my timeline:

Category.............: FAM
App. Filed............: 30-June-2016
SA........... ...........: 6-August-2016
Passport Req.......: 15-October-2016
Passport sent in...: Received by VO in 22- October -2016
Passport Returned: --Still waiting--
Hi Muh,
Did you asked your lawyer about the delay? Maybe he could contact the Embassy.
I guess they have some checks to do with the Korean Embassy...
This delay seems long to me but I had a much simple case.
Let us know when you get some news!!

immappeal1

Nov 3, 2016
freeislam000 said:
Sure, our story is a bit complicated. Initially we were rejected last May, due to our relationship not being "genuine". I immediately hired a consultant to help us, but we were stuck as the embassy didnt send us a formal rejection letter. So I ordered my Caips notes and from what was written on the caips notes, my consultant drafted a long letter countering every negative point the VO listed. He then sent it with much proof to the Embassy for an "Administrative Review" in essence like an "Informal Appeal". After the Administrator in the Embassy reviewed the letter and our case, they agreed to re open it and invited my husband for a second interview (Oct. 8th). I flew down to be with him for the interview, but after chatting with my husband for just under 1 hr the VO said that he was convinced and that he would give my husband the visa, all we had to do is renew his criminal and medical checks. Soooooo now just over a month later, my husband is with Visa in his hand :) El humdulillah!!!
My Consultant is amazing at what he does, and for anyone interested, I would be more than happy to share his information with you.
Hi, I just got an e-mail from the Canadian embassy in Cairo that looks like an initial refusal letter and asked to supply them with additional documentation within 30 days or they will refuse our application.
Would you please send me the name of your consultant and how to contact him/her, I'd be very grateful. Thank you very much in advance (I sent to your inbox as well)

Samar00

Jan 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

I applied for family sponsorship to sponsor my husband on Feb 2016. His application is now in the Cairo Visa Office since March 2016. I emailed the Cairo Immigration in October asking them to give me any information. They replied and told me the application is still pending background check resutls. I have not received anything since them. Any idea how long the background check takes? And what is the step after this? Please note that they asked my husband to redo the Medical Examination in Aug and he has sent it to them.

Your help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Jude

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Hello, I was just wondering what the hold up is? or if this is normal. My time line is as follows,
Also, there is a note that his medical was received the same time I got my approval as a sponsor.
Category.............: Sponsor - spouse
App. Filed............: September 27, 2016.
SA........... ...........: October 26, 2016
His application started processing: November 24, 2016.
Passport Req.......: ----
Passport sent in...: ---
Passport Returned: ---

Is there an e-mail I can contact to ask what is the hold up?

Thank you.

jmm klop

Jan 19, 2017
mosaab said:
MY Status changed to Decision Made !

my big challenge now, work against the time
[/qu
Plz im dealing with cairo office for spouse sponsership also i was appeal allowed now my ecas shown me decision made still no ppr nor email for request passport plz let me know how many days will it takes from decison made to ppr thnz

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hi Jude,

I would guess security checks depends of each person background. But your application takes a very long time... Cairo is normally one of the fastest to process applications. That's good he already re-do the medical examination. After that, maybe they will call him for interview, and then they will request his passport. Those are the last steps of the process.

Keep hope and let us know how it goes!

Samar00 said:
Hello everyone,

I applied for family sponsorship to sponsor my husband on Feb 2016. His application is now in the Cairo Visa Office since March 2016. I emailed the Cairo Immigration in October asking them to give me any information. They replied and told me the application is still pending background check resutls. I have not received anything since them. Any idea how long the background check takes? And what is the step after this? Please note that they asked my husband to redo the Medical Examination in Aug and he has sent it to them.

Your help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Jude

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hi omo_lylah,

I don't think you need to contact them, your application seem very normal.
As comparison, here are dates.

Appliation received by CIC ...... 2016.04.13
SA ...................................... 2016.05.25
PR treatment started ............. 2016.06.06
CSQ with me ....................... 2016.06.15
Interview............................. 2016.08.09
Passport request .................. 2016.08.09
Passport return .................... 2016.08.17

There were Christmas vacations. Be patient, you'll have news very soon. :)
Let me know if you get any news!!!

omo_lylah said:
Hello, I was just wondering what the hold up is? or if this is normal. My time line is as follows,
Also, there is a note that his medical was received the same time I got my approval as a sponsor.
Category.............: Sponsor - spouse
App. Filed............: September 27, 2016.
SA........... ...........: October 26, 2016
His application started processing: November 24, 2016.
Passport Req.......: ----
Passport sent in...: ---
Passport Returned: ---

Is there an e-mail I can contact to ask what is the hold up?

Thank you.

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hey jmm klop,

If I was you, I won't bother with ECAS status. I'm not sure they are very good at changing them.
In my case, they requested the passport and the status was not changed to "Decision made".
Don't worry, they will contact you very soon.
Be patient!!! Good luck! :)

jmm klop said:
mosaab said:
MY Status changed to Decision Made !

my big challenge now, work against the time
[/qu
Plz im dealing with cairo office for spouse sponsership also i was appeal allowed now my ecas shown me decision made still no ppr nor email for request passport plz let me know how many days will it takes from decison made to ppr thnz

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
desertFlower said:
Hey jmm klop,

If I was you, I won't bother with ECAS status. I'm not sure they are very good at changing them.
In my case, they requested the passport and the status was not changed to "Decision made".
Don't worry, they will contact you very soon.
Be patient!!! Good luck! :)
Hi there i know its kinda late but,can i sponsor my wife while living in subsized housing? i'm canadian citizien thank you!

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. Any body here familiar with cases where "الدخلة" did not happen yet? Is that an issue with Cairo Visa office?