09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
AladdinsGirl said:
I sent my husband's application in the middle of June and the VO has only started working on it (in which they already requested a form be filled out that was 'lost')
Don't worry, he will get the visa next month! :)

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Has anyone sent their documents via aramex? or any couriers that allowed you to track the documents online.

My documents have just arrived to the address given on the cic site:

2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

however, the name on the tracking report for the person who received it is " DAVID LAW OR CONJUGAL PARTNER AD DEP"

is that the right place or is that wrong?

When I look up this "david law or conjugal partner ad dep" on google I find nothing. However, if I google the postal code "L4Z 1H8" case processing centre: Mississauga comes up.

Someone give me some good news please.

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
omo_lylah said:
Has anyone sent their documents via aramex? or any couriers that allowed you to track the documents online.

My documents have just arrived to the address given on the cic site:

2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

however, the name on the tracking report for the person who received it is " DAVID LAW OR CONJUGAL PARTNER AD DEP"

is that the right place or is that wrong?

When I look up this "david law or conjugal partner ad dep" on google I find nothing. However, if I google the postal code "L4Z 1H8" case processing centre: Mississauga comes up.

Someone give me some good news please.
Hi omo_lylay,
This seems strange to me...
Maybe the guy who received it is David, from law or conjugal partner department..?
Or try to call them to confirm the address.

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
how do I know that they received both the application for the sponsor and the person being sponsored? Will they e-mail me, or only when they make the decision about if I am accepted as a sponsor or not?

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
omo_lylah said:
how do I know that they received both the application for the sponsor and the person being sponsored? Will they e-mail me, or only when they make the decision about if I am accepted as a sponsor or not?
In a couple of weeks you should receive an email (if you provided them with one) about them receiving the application (AOR1).
Then, as long as everything is ok, then you should receive another email (SA - Sponsorship Approval), then if you are one of the lucky ones, the PA (your husband, the principal applicant) might receive an email from CVO (Cairo Visa Office) saying they received the application from Mississauga (AOR2).

Once you get the first email, it will have a UCI # on and an application #, which you should be able to log online to see where the application is (called ECAS).

Or you can sign up to MyCIC and get more updated information on the application.

After the SA, your husband will be receiving the emails.

Let me know if you need more information.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
ECAS:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

MyCIC:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

MelissaJohn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Cape Breton
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-08-2016
LANDED..........
13-9-2016
Hey guys sorry, we took so long to reply back about landing, we've been busy running around.

Just a heads up if you are landing at a major airport for immigration you should book a flight with at least a four-hour layover/stop until your next flight if you have connecting flights.

We first arrived in Toronto the line up for the immigration process took us about 2 hours and 30 minutes, the landing interview itself took all of maybe 3 minutes once you get to an officer. We had a 3-hour 15-minute layover we had to run to our next gate so make sure you book enough time so you are not stressed out.

Basically, all you do is enter this line at the beginning a worker will check your visa and boarding pass you tell her you are immigrating. and then she will send you to the immigration section. It's really easy they just ask you simple questions like if it's your first time in Canada If you have a criminal record & If you ever were like deported from Canada. Passport and COPR paper is all you need.

You should keep all of your boarding passes and itinerary you get for your flights because we lost our luggage it was delayed for over a week lost in Toronto so saving all the papers you get at the Airport will help take pictures of your suitcases just in case!

And the b4 form about what you bring into Canada if you're only bringing a suitcase with nothing major inside nobody even asked about it all you do is sign a little card they give you at the airport now saying how much everything is in your suitcase. I believe as long as it is less than $800 you won't be taxed. I wouldn't lie about the prices in your suitcase in case they do lose your luggage because it will show the Plane company how much everything is worth if you need to be paid back for the loss.

They also ask if you have anything coming into Canada on a later date, you only have right then and there to claim it. If you don't and it comes in you will be taxed on it.

You can apply for your Social Insurance number right in the immigration section, but we just waited until we arrived our town due to the rushing around we had to do to find our gate.

For most provinces you can apply for your health card right away they have a phone number on the websites of each province. They will ask your address when you became a residence and then they will mail you an application.

Well that's all I can think about right now if any of you have any question that I might be of help just ask away I will try my best

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
I know that you all waited super long, and I probably sound super annoying lol. I apologize. But its going on the third week since the papers have arrived to the case processing center.. and no word yet. :mad:

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For there are lots of egyptians checking this thread, i though i'd ask here too

I need your advice please. I am about to get married in Egypt. I knew my fiancee for a long time and her brother is my friend since childhood. We went to the same schools. I came to Canada in 2013 and became a PR in April 2016.

However, we have no evidence that we had correspondence until August 2016. She just graduated in 2015.

In August 2016 I went on a holiday to Egypt to have an engagement. I have enough evidence that it is not fake, Lots of photos with family and with proper formal clothing for the ceremony. I have also Photos of me with her and our siblings in outings.

I intend to get married in December 2016. I will be able to spend a month in Egypt before having to go back to Canada for my work. We are planning a traditional ceremony with all of our families and friends attending. We will also have several outings and will have photos in several outings.

I plan to submit our application around March 2017.

I need your advice on what to do so that we avoid any complications with our sponsorship and PR applications.

thanks,

oe

Sep 25, 2016
Two most important things to send in;
1.Translation of the marriage contract by the ministry of justice and authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs.
2. Pictures of engagement and wedding ceremony especially ones that show other family members from both sides. Also, honeymoon pictures.

In the application forms, they'll ask a lot of questions on how you met, how the wedding was, who attended, etc. Make sure you write out all the details.

If this is a typical Egyptian marriage then don't worry as long as you provide evidence.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oe said:
Two most important things to send in;
1.Translation of the marriage contract by the ministry of justice and authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs.
2. Pictures of engagement and wedding ceremony especially ones that show other family members from both sides. Also, honeymoon pictures.

In the application forms, they'll ask a lot of questions on how you met, how the wedding was, who attended, etc. Make sure you write out all the details.

If this is a typical Egyptian marriage then don't worry as long as you provide evidence.
It is a typical marriage. Do they usually request an interview in CAIRO? and I will not be able to attend due to Army service restrictions. Would that be OK? and when approximately is the interview?

Lekki

Sep 13, 2016
Lekki
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 Mar 2016
good luck guys

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
Marjlo said:
Hi there.
Has anyone had any experience rescheduling an interview with the Cairo Visa office? I was asked to come for an interview with my partner on a very last minute basis and as we reside abroad we cant make it and emailed asking to reschedule for a few weeks laternto get time off work and plane tkts but have not yet heard back. Has anyone been through this?

Thanks!
Hi Marjlo,
I was wondering what was happening with the application? Were you able to reschedule the date of the interview??

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
HAMADA_EGYPT said:
Hi guys
After u send your passport to get the visa, How long does it take to get it back with the visa on it ??
I hear many different times but I need a confirmation
Thanks guys
Hi HAMADA_EGYPT,

I am curious as to how long it took for you to get your passport back from the embassy??

Dr M

Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
SA 21-12-2016
File Transfer...