Waived
Passport Req..
13-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-02-2014
mosaab said:
That exactly what will drive me crazy :)
my wife contacted her MP, they called the CIC, and the CIC wanted from my wife to fax them the receipt
she did it..
so i wish we can hear a good news these days
Any news mosaab? I am hoping you hear something from Cairo soon!

My husband's passport arrived at the embassy today...now we wait :) again...but at least this time we are waiting for the end! Alhamdulillah

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
WaitinginBC said:
Any news mosaab? I am hoping you hear something from Cairo soon!

My husband's passport arrived at the embassy today...now we wait :) again...but at least this time we are waiting for the end! Alhamdulillah
Nothing much :(

one week since they received my passport ,, My wife MP told her just today that the CIC told their they are still working in background check !!

this people will drive me crazy ,, No way !!

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
WaitinginBC said:
Hi Kuudir2!

If I remember right this was a redo of your medicals. We were not asked to redo our medicals CIC asked for an extension without our knowledge so I dont have personal experience with this. However from everything I have read usually when they ask for new medicals you are nearing the end of the process.

Timelines with Cairo are hard to judge...they are all over the place. I hope you get some good news soon.

Best of luck! and keep us posted.
Hi remonda and WaitinginBC,

Yes it states that they have just received our second medicals. We are February applicants from 2013. We haven't had any other correspondence with them before. I really do not know if they are working on our files yet, or if we will have to wait another several months before they do. I am very scared it will take the full 18 months for them to send us over a visa.

This visa office is very inconsistent compared to the others. There are people here who are still waiting for their from before 2013, so I really don't know when to expect a response.

Do you guys have any ideas for my spouse and I? Any advice from Cairo Visa's experts? 8)

Thanks,
Kuudir2

WaitinginBC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-02-2014
mosaab said:
Nothing much :(

one week since they received my passport ,, My wife MP told her just today that the CIC told their they are still working in background check !!

this people will drive me crazy ,, No way !!
Hi mossab

Sorry to hear this...I know how frustrating it can be!! From what the Immigration Ministers staff told me the background check is the longest phase. They apparently contract this out to private companies and they have "no control" over how long this part of the process takes.

Thankfully they have asked for your passport so lets hope this is good news for you soon!

WaitinginBC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-02-2014
Kuudir2 said:
Hi remonda and WaitinginBC,

Yes it states that they have just received our second medicals. We are February applicants from 2013. We haven't had any other correspondence with them before. I really do not know if they are working on our files yet, or if we will have to wait another several months before they do. I am very scared it will take the full 18 months for them to send us over a visa.

This visa office is very inconsistent compared to the others. There are people here who are still waiting for their from before 2013, so I really don't know when to expect a response.

Do you guys have any ideas for my spouse and I? Any advice from Cairo Visa's experts? 8)

Thanks,
Kuudir2
Hi Kuudir2

My husband and I sent in our app in Sept 2012 and we are just nearing the end now. It's a terribly long process.

My best advise is to stay on top of your file. Order your GMCS notes to see what is complete and whats not. Visit your local MP for assistance checking on your file. Ecas is not very reliable but do check to see if the applicants part has gone "in process".

and last but not least try to stay positive and pray a lot :) Good luck!

WaitinginBC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-02-2014
Hi Everyone!

My husband is preparing to ship his stuff to Canada as they allow very little on the plane. Any suggestions on who we can use to ship his stuff from Cairo to Vancouver? We have been doing some looking and its soooo expensive.

Also does anyone know how they notify us when the passport is ready to pick up...email? phone? All our requests so far have been via email so I am assuming they will notify us for pick up via email too but not sure

Thanks for your help!

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
WaitinginBC said:
Hi Kuudir2

My husband and I sent in our app in Sept 2012 and we are just nearing the end now. It's a terribly long process.

My best advise is to stay on top of your file. Order your GMCS notes to see what is complete and whats not. Visit your local MP for assistance checking on your file. Ecas is not very reliable but do check to see if the applicants part has gone "in process".

and last but not least try to stay positive and pray a lot :) Good luck!
Hi WaitinginBC,

Thank you so much for the info and advice! I am so happy to hear that your nearing the end of your process. Congratulations! I also wanted to tell you that I got a call from my MP this morning, unfortunately I was in class at the time but he left a message. He told me that everything was good with our files but they will open up our files towards the end of February. He said he will call us by the end of March to let us know the process.

I am feeling both hopeful that were almost there, but I am also a bit worried that they may require more documents and stuff around that time. I am just really praying that they send the Visa before May or IN May. I would love to go visit my husband in May and come back with him.

How is it going with you, did you receive anything back from them in the past couple of days?

Kuudir2

WaitinginBC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-02-2014
Kuudir2 said:
Hi WaitinginBC,

Thank you so much for the info and advice! I am so happy to hear that your nearing the end of your process. Congratulations! I also wanted to tell you that I got a call from my MP this morning, unfortunately I was in class at the time but he left a message. He told me that everything was good with our files but they will open up our files towards the end of February. He said he will call us by the end of March to let us know the process.

I am feeling both hopeful that were almost there, but I am also a bit worried that they may require more documents and stuff around that time. I am just really praying that they send the Visa before May or IN May. I would love to go visit my husband in May and come back with him.

How is it going with you, did you receive anything back from them in the past couple of days?

Kuudir2
Hi Kuudir2

You are very welcome! I am happy to hear your MP is helping you and praying you will receive the news you are waiting for!
Try not to worry about the document requests. We had a couple and they were handled very quickly. We have not hear anything yet!

Sadly I think we are in for more Embassy closures. Mulitple bombs in Cairo today :( Praying my husband and his family stay safe.

WaitinginBC

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
2 weeks since Cairo receiving the passport

nothing :(

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
mosaab said:
2 weeks since Cairo receiving the passport

nothing :(
email them to check on the passport and what the status is (afterall you have the right to know its your passport, or your wife's) that's what I did, they have a habit of putting things on the side (that's what they did to my wifes passport)

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
khilo said:
email them to check on the passport and what the status is (afterall you have the right to know its your passport, or your wife's) that's what I did, they have a habit of putting things on the side (that's what they did to my wifes passport)
If I could not get anything until the end of this week , no way i will send them

Sabrinkh

Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2014
Hello everyone,

My husband got the e-mail we have been waiting for so badly hamdillah. They requested his passport today. They started processing at the end of October 2013 so I am very pleased that a decision has been made after 3 months. We gave a full application package with lots of sufficient proof that our marriage is genuine and nothing in our package was incomplete. We are mailing out his passport tomorrow through DHL. I am curious to know if it has to be picked up by DHL or if i can go pick it up myself when they tell me it is ready?? and if it must be picked up by DHL, how do i request them to pick it up? do i ask them when i mail the passport or do i have to call them and request them to pick up my package from cairo? or must i show up to DHL in person? insights please..thank u

Good luck to everyone else hope you hear good news soon, inshallah.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Sabrinkh said:
Hello everyone,

My husband got the e-mail we have been waiting for so badly hamdillah. They requested his passport today. They started processing at the end of October 2013 so I am very pleased that a decision has been made after 3 months. We gave a full application package with lots of sufficient proof that our marriage is genuine and nothing in our package was incomplete. We are mailing out his passport tomorrow through DHL. I am curious to know if it has to be picked up by DHL or if i can go pick it up myself when they tell me it is ready?? and if it must be picked up by DHL, how do i request them to pick it up? do i ask them when i mail the passport or do i have to call them and request them to pick up my package from cairo? or must i show up to DHL in person? insights please..thank u

Good luck to everyone else hope you hear good news soon, inshallah.
Hi Sabrinkh,

Wow it was too fast, when the office tell you its ready u cant pick it up by yourself, just by courier
you have to call DHL, the dhl will tell you send them an email and say that you give the dhl courier permission to pick it up

anyway, i want to ask you they requested you the passport only, or with other documents like photos ? !!

Sabrinkh

Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2014
mosaab said:
Hi Sabrinkh,

Wow it was too fast, when the office tell you its ready u cant pick it up by yourself, just by courier
you have to call DHL, the dhl will tell you send them an email and say that you give the dhl courier permission to pick it up

anyway, i want to ask you they requested you the passport only, or with other documents like photos ? !!
Hi mosaab,

Thanks for your reply. I live in egypt so i am wondering does DHL pick it up and deliver it to me or they will bring it to their office and i have to go pick it up? Closest DHL to me is in el mansoura. They also asked for 2 recent photos, height and eye color along with passport.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Sabrinkh said:
Hi mosaab,

Thanks for your reply. I live in egypt so i am wondering does DHL pick it up and deliver it to me or they will bring it to their office and i have to go pick it up? Closest DHL to me is in el mansoura. They also asked for 2 recent photos, height and eye color along with passport.
Aha,
really i don't know exactly how is Dhl work in Egypt, in Gaza you should go to their office to receive it, but it not far away

everyone asked the passport with other documents , why they asked me the passport only ???

that will drive me crazy !!