App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
@ Mrs Selim, your words make me want to fight harder!

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
We can all do it together im in contact with a other lady and her husband on here the have same like my husband and i..

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
Mrs Selim said:
@ canjen my husband never applied before ,this was his first time and he was deneid a visa cause im older and he is muslim and he believe my husband use me for a bridge to come too Canada lol..i wish i was in office there i would tell him what i think of it...my husband told him that he wants me to move to Egypt but that i cant cause my parents are elderly and i have a son here ,thats why i want my husband come to Canada..we will fight for this and not give up..
I am in the same boat... my husband wants me to move to Egypt, but my dad is a widower and I am all he has, I wont leave him ..... it would be devastating for him... so fight it is... and ladies, since we have nothing but time..... we can accomplish quite a bit I think ;D

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
I'm not saying this man is right in his thinking; I'm just trying to make sense of it all, trying to see the differences in the cases so that we might understand it a bit better, to help other applicants and to help people appealing their cases. If we know what the specific problems are, we can better address them.

I am on your side - I hope you see it that way.

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
CanJen said:
I'm not saying this man is right in his thinking; I'm just trying to make sense of it all, trying to see the differences in the cases so that we might understand it a bit better, to help other applicants and to help people appealing their cases. If we know what the specific problems are, we can better address them.

I am on your side - I hope you see it that way.
To be honest, I dont think it is possible to make sense of it... he talks primarily of age and religion... ...he says our age gap is too large... 8 years... yet he has approve larger gaps... he is suspicious of converts... and if u are christian with a muslim that is not "custom" ... this is no game plan with him... it simply depends what side of the bed he woke up on

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
@ canjen I appreciate you helping us in trying to make sense of it all. Of course I know you are on our side, sorry if I sounded opposite, I am just really stressed and tired of waiting for the embassy to answer us, and its extremely frustrating.

I agree there is nothing that makes sense in his reason...he said there is a big age gap in my marriage-6 years, i think that is pretty normal, and he complained to me that people shouldn't marry of a different religion, well that's bogus too because we are both Muslims. At this point I think there is more behind why he is rejecting these cases. I really think he cannot accept all of them so he has to reject some. I had a lot of evidence to show him and he refused to look at it. I had a lot to say about my marriage after he asked only simple questions like how old are you and where do you work--and then your rejected because your marriage isn't genuine. But he ignored what I said and instead told me Im a liar and my husbands a liar and we are all damned if we want to try again-yet he was for some reason encouraging me more than normal to appeal the case after he rejected us? I swear my husband and I prepared for hours and hours and we gave really strong answers. Especially after being in a car accident and there being no sign of remorse...something just doesn't make sense to me. I will be speaking with someone here in Egypt before I return to Canada to try and figure this out, even camping in the embassy if I have to lol.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
@Ahmegan..it doesn't make sence ..my husband had same exp this man told him he is using me for a bridge to get into Canada ..yes im sure some do but most are legit relationships and by reading ur post urs is for sure legit..were are you in Egypt? my husband lives in Giza Cairo

Egyptian man

May 12, 2013
Ahmegan said:
@ canjen I appreciate you helping us in trying to make sense of it all. Of course I know you are on our side, sorry if I sounded opposite, I am just really stressed and tired of waiting for the embassy to answer us, and its extremely frustrating.

I agree there is nothing that makes sense in his reason...he said there is a big age gap in my marriage-6 years, i think that is pretty normal, and he complained to me that people shouldn't marry of a different religion, well that's bogus too because we are both Muslims. At this point I think there is more behind why he is rejecting these cases. I really think he cannot accept all of them so he has to reject some. I had a lot of evidence to show him and he refused to look at it. I had a lot to say about my marriage after he asked only simple questions like how old are you and where do you work--and then your rejected because your marriage isn't genuine. But he ignored what I said and instead told me Im a liar and my husbands a liar and we are all damned if we want to try again-yet he was for some reason encouraging me more than normal to appeal the case after he rejected us? I swear my husband and I prepared for hours and hours and we gave really strong answers. Especially after being in a car accident and there being no sign of remorse...something just doesn't make sense to me. I will be speaking with someone here in Egypt before I return to Canada to try and figure this out, even camping in the embassy if I have to lol.
i was thinking about that too , camping with hunger strike ( wearing a shirt saying the reason of my protest ) but then i realized that the police won't leave me alone because i'm alone and easy haunted .
if we are so many supported also by our canadian spouses , believe me we can do something , before we have to wait another year and half for the appeal

Barbara Baraka

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/22/2013
AOR Received.
02/19/2013
File Transfer...
03/15/2013
Med's Request
extend for 6 months
Med's Done....
05/13/2012
Interview........
05/19/2013
Passport Req..
05/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
5/20/2013 & received on 5/23/2013
LANDED..........
ISA by July 18th, 2013
Ahmegan said:

Dear Ahmegan, First we all share the pain and hard time you are going through, even with us who got the visa still feel your pain, but you should know better that we don't accuse you for lie or anything, everyone here tell his/her experience, we are not here to judge each other, we here to support each other. Believe me, I have no doubt that CanJen give you all her support, she is not against you, she is totally with you and for you. The point is councilor might be racist with you on higher level than he was with us, so, believe me on that, don't give up and keep fighting, listen to everyone and if you need any help be sure we are here for you.

Barbara Baraka

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/22/2013
AOR Received.
02/19/2013
File Transfer...
03/15/2013
Med's Request
extend for 6 months
Med's Done....
05/13/2012
Interview........
05/19/2013
Passport Req..
05/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
5/20/2013 & received on 5/23/2013
LANDED..........
ISA by July 18th, 2013
Egyptian man said:
i was thinking about that too , camping with hunger strike ( wearing a shirt saying the reason of my protest ) but then i realized that the police won't leave me alone because i'm alone and easy haunted .
if we are so many supported also by our canadian spouses , believe me we can do something , before we have to wait another year and have for the appeal
I think you guys really need to as a couple together and with 10 couples or more go to the embassy together, this should make the ambassador listen and meet you and hopefully look at your cases again.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
if i was with my husband in cairo now i would have been there allready in the canadian ambasy ..for now im waiting for the letter and will appeal this ...cause being older and my husband muslim does not make sence to not give him visa.

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
Ahmegan said:

Hi Ahmegan, maybe there is something to this theory, about there being a quota/cap on accepted cases? If he didn't give you an opportunity to argue your case, yet encouraged you to appeal, maybe there was some remorse or guilt being expressed. Did he seem genuine when he encouraged you to appeal, or was it more of a cocky remark? Might be worth investigating....

Has anybody done any research on successful appeals? Before taking any action, I highly recommend that you find out what has worked for others before potentially shooting yourselves in the foot, and potentially making things worse. I'm going to poke around a bit and will let you know what I find out.

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
Mrs Selim said:
@ Ahmegan..it doesn't make sence ..my husband had same exp this man told him he is using me for a bridge to get into Canada ..yes im sure some do but most are legit relationships and by reading ur post urs is for sure legit..were are you in Egypt? my husband lives in Giza Cairo
I agree, he told me my 2 year relationship is for him to come to Canada. Right now we are in Sharm El Sheikh but will move to live in the embassy any day now lol

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
Egyptian man said:
if we are so many supported also by our canadian spouses , believe me we can do something , before we have to wait another year and have for the appeal
I agree, because it isnt fair if we have to empty our wallets in an appeal if there is a free and more effective option...yes worried about the police but i dont think they can do anything if its not violent

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
Barbara Baraka said:
Dear Ahmegan, First we all share the pain and hard time you are going through, even with us who got the visa still feel your pain, but you should know better that we don't accuse you for lie or anything, everyone here tell his/her experience, we are not here to judge each other, we here to support each other. Believe me, I have no doubt that CanJen give you all her support, she is not against you, she is totally with you and for you. The point is councilor might be racist with you on higher level than he was with us, so, believe me on that, don't give up and keep fighting, listen to everyone and if you need any help be sure we are here for you.
no of course not, I was only saying the officer is accusing me of lying, thats what i was doing is sharing what he told me. I appreciate all the support everyone is giving