File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Hi guys, I'm so sorry I haven't had time to update you on our case (especially to freeislam000, MadeInCanada and mamado). We were just really stressed by this whole process, and not online a lot. But thankfully, my husband's visa was approved at the end of the interview. :) I am really so relieved and overjoyed that we made it to the end of this process successfully. However, I feel terrible that so many of you were rejected, it's complete BS and I will share our experience with the white Canadian interviewer below:

Background: My husband is Egyptian, and I have been living with him in Cairo for the past year. We got married a year and a half ago, after being friends/dating for 3 months. We met in Cairo. He is Muslim, I am not. I am seven years older (but we're both in our 20's).

My husband's experience: The first question was the same one the interviewer asked everyone, "Do you know why you're here?" in a very aggressive tone. All the questions focused on religion and culture; nothing about our relationship (what we do together, how we live together), just, "How can your family accept you being married to a non-Muslim?" My husband answered, "I guess we're not like most Egyptian families," and the interviewer responded, "you mean a lot of MUSLIM families! Did you know that 98% of Egyptians marry someone from their own religion and cultural background???" My husband had brought extra pictures from the past year, and the interviewer flipped through them without looking at them, and without waiting for my husband to explain where they were taken and what the pictures were of. He was just starting at a computer screen. After 15 minutes, they sent my husband out of the room.

My experience: They asked me to enter. The interviewer asked the same question: "Do you know why you're here?" aggressively. I said, "To update you on the status of our relationship?" I asked. "No!" the interviewer said. "Okay... why?" I asked. "There are a number of red flags in your case. Do you know what they are?" "The age difference?" I said. "Yes, AND the cultural difference, AND the religious difference, AND the fact that you got married so quickly... Do you want me to keep going?!" So I started talking as fast as I could about how I was the one who pursued my husband; that I had been taken advantage of by a Middle Eastern man before so I knew what that felt like, and that my marriage to my husband was different and real; that my husband was not very religious (compared to many Egyptians) and comes from a very open-minded, liberal family; that we had already agreed that we would raise our children to be Muslim; that we were in a relationship because we had a good connection, loved to laugh together, spend time together, cook together, watch movies together, etc. Then the interviewer held up his hands and said, "Enough! Enough! I've heard enough. You can tell your husband I'm going to approve his visa. But you saved it. If it had just been him, I don't think I would have approved it." I said thank you (because I had to), and he added, "You're an adult, you can make your own mistakes." I said, "Well hopefully it's not a mistake," and left. I would have told him to F himself if we weren't depending on him for the visa. We are planning to make a formal complaint after we get the visa, because the interviewer was totally unprofessional and is obviously racist and Islamophobic. He has a one-dimensional stereotype about Egyptian and Muslim men and he can't believe that any relationship between an Egyptian and a foreigner could be genuine.

My advice to others would be: ladies, if you can be in Egypt to attend the interview with your husband, DO IT!!! As the interviewer said, it was my testimony that saved the interview. It seems like the interviewers simply don't trust anything that comes out of an Egyptian man's mouth, so you have to be there to back up your husband. It's total BS, but you have to play their game to get the visa.

They told us that they would request my husband's passport within two weeks, then send the passport back (I don't remember how long that step takes), and then his visa will be valid for two to three months. So we are guessing we'll leave in July or August.

Again, I am so sorry to those who were rejected; I hope you do appeal, and we should all make formal complaints against the old white interviewer. Good luck everyone - ربنا يوفقك

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Red flags are problems or things that are not common in your case. It has nothing to do with CIC or processing times.

Like multiple marriages/sponsorship, large age gaps between the couple, marrying soon into the relationship ect.

I think they raised the processing times because the VO are taking that long to get through cases. So they take the average time of the cases(80% of them) they have completed. It just shows how the Vo are working.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
shamsuannahr said:
Hi guys, I'm so sorry I haven't had time to update you on our case (especially to freeislam000, MadeInCanada and mamado). We were just really stressed by this whole process, and not online a lot. But thankfully, my husband's visa was approved at the end of the interview. :) I am really so relieved and overjoyed that we made it to the end of this process successfully. However, I feel terrible that so many of you were rejected, it's complete BS and I will share our experience with the white Canadian interviewer below:

Background: My husband is Egyptian, and I have been living with him in Cairo for the past year. We got married a year and a half ago, after being friends/dating for 3 months. We met in Cairo. He is Muslim, I am not. I am seven years older (but we're both in our 20's).

My husband's experience: The first question was the same one the interviewer asked everyone, "Do you know why you're here?" in a very aggressive tone. All the questions focused on religion and culture; nothing about our relationship (what we do together, how we live together), just, "How can your family accept you being married to a non-Muslim?" My husband answered, "I guess we're not like most Egyptian families," and the interviewer responded, "you mean a lot of MUSLIM families! Did you know that 98% of Egyptians marry someone from their own religion and cultural background???" My husband had brought extra pictures from the past year, and the interviewer flipped through them without looking at them, and without waiting for my husband to explain where they were taken and what the pictures were of. He was just starting at a computer screen. After 15 minutes, they sent my husband out of the room.

My experience: They asked me to enter. The interviewer asked the same question: "Do you know why you're here?" aggressively. I said, "To update you on the status of our relationship?" I asked. "No!" the interviewer said. "Okay... why?" I asked. "There are a number of red flags in your case. Do you know what they are?" "The age difference?" I said. "Yes, AND the cultural difference, AND the religious difference, AND the fact that you got married so quickly... Do you want me to keep going?!" So I started talking as fast as I could about how I was the one who pursued my husband; that I had been taken advantage of by a Middle Eastern man before so I knew what that felt like, and that my marriage to my husband was different and real; that my husband was not very religious (compared to many Egyptians) and comes from a very open-minded, liberal family; that we had already agreed that we would raise our children to be Muslim; that we were in a relationship because we had a good connection, loved to laugh together, spend time together, cook together, watch movies together, etc. Then the interviewer held up his hands and said, "Enough! Enough! I've heard enough. You can tell your husband I'm going to approve his visa. But you saved it. If it had just been him, I don't think I would have approved it." I said thank you (because I had to), and he added, "You're an adult, you can make your own mistakes." I said, "Well hopefully it's not a mistake," and left. I would have told him to F himself if we weren't depending on him for the visa. We are planning to make a formal complaint after we get the visa, because the interviewer was totally unprofessional and is obviously racist and Islamophobic. He has a one-dimensional stereotype about Egyptian and Muslim men and he can't believe that any relationship between an Egyptian and a foreigner could be genuine.

My advice to others would be: ladies, if you can be in Egypt to attend the interview with your husband, DO IT!!! As the interviewer said, it was my testimony that saved the interview. It seems like the interviewers simply don't trust anything that comes out of an Egyptian man's mouth, so you have to be there to back up your husband. It's total BS, but you have to play their game to get the visa.

They told us that they would request my husband's passport within two weeks, then send the passport back (I don't remember how long that step takes), and then his visa will be valid for two to three months. So we are guessing we'll leave in July or August.

Again, I am so sorry to those who were rejected; I hope you do appeal, and we should all make formal complaints against the old white interviewer. Good luck everyone - ربنا يوفقك
Congrats!!!

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
shamsuannahr said:

Congrats shamsuannahr and to your husband too

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
shamsuannahr said:

about last part of your post so may i take the number of your husband so we can complain that man with each other because too its not fair to refuse me because I am muslim and too because i am egyptian and arabic right

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
اللهم انت ربى لا اله الانت خلقتنى وانا عبدك
اللهم ارحمنا برحمتك وحقق لنا امالنا
اللهم وفقنا لما تحبه وترضاه
اللهم فرج هم المهمومين
و احقن دماء المظلومين
و أجب دعاء الداعين
.. آمين آمين

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
ليس لنا سواك يا الله

يارب إن ضاقت بنا الدنيا
فليس لنا سواك
وإن إنسدت في وجوهنا السبل
فليس لنا سواك
وإن ظلمنا الأعداء والأصدقاء
فليس لنا سواك
وإن تنكر لنا الوجود
فليس لنا سواك
يارب الوجود
يا الله

يارب إن طالت بنا الغربة
فليس لنا سواك
وإن إشتدت بنا الوحشة
فليس لنا سواك
وإن فتك بنا المرض
فليس لنا سواك
وإن تنكرت لنا الأرض
فليس لنا سواك
يارب الأرض والسماء
يا الله

في سبيلك وحدك وحدك
جاهدنا وعملنا
في سبيلك وحدك وحدك
عودينا وحوربنا
في سبيلك وحدك عشنا
ونعيش
فأكتب لنا الشهادة
يا الله

ليس لنا سواك في سرائنا
ليس لنا سواك في ضرائنا
نناديك يا الله
في شدتنا ورخائنا
في قوتنا وضعفنا
نناديك يا الله

في كل حال من أحوالنا
في كل وقت من أوقاتنا
نناديك من أعماق قلوبنا
يا الله يا الله يا الله

mamado

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
cairo , egypt
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freeislam000 said:
ليس لنا سواك يا الله

يارب إن ضاقت بنا الدنيا
فليس لنا سواك
وإن إنسدت في وجوهنا السبل
فليس لنا سواك
وإن ظلمنا الأعداء والأصدقاء
فليس لنا سواك
وإن تنكر لنا الوجود
فليس لنا سواك
يارب الوجود
يا الله

يارب إن طالت بنا الغربة
فليس لنا سواك
وإن إشتدت بنا الوحشة
فليس لنا سواك
وإن فتك بنا المرض
فليس لنا سواك
وإن تنكرت لنا الأرض
فليس لنا سواك
يارب الأرض والسماء
يا الله

في سبيلك وحدك وحدك
جاهدنا وعملنا
في سبيلك وحدك وحدك
عودينا وحوربنا
في سبيلك وحدك عشنا
ونعيش
فأكتب لنا الشهادة
يا الله

ليس لنا سواك في سرائنا
ليس لنا سواك في ضرائنا
نناديك يا الله
في شدتنا ورخائنا
في قوتنا وضعفنا
نناديك يا الله

في كل حال من أحوالنا
في كل وقت من أوقاتنا
نناديك من أعماق قلوبنا
يا الله يا الله يا الله
امين يارب , اللهم انك عالم بحالنا فانظر الينا و من علينا
و صلي اللهم و سلم و بارك علي سيدنا محمد سيد المرسلين

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
دعاء فك الكرب

دعاء النبي (صلى الله عليه وسلم)
اللهم إليك أشكو ضعف قوتي وقلة حيلتي وهواني على الناس يا أرحم الراحمين أنت ربُّ المستضعفين وانت ربّي إلى من تكلني، إلى بعيد يتجهَّمني أم إلى عدو ملكته أمري إن لم يكن بك علىِّ غضبُُ فلا أبالي، ولكنَّ عافَيَتَك أوسعُ لي. أعوذ بنور وجهك الذي أشرقت له الظلمات، وصلح عليه أمر الدنيا والآخر ه من أن تُنزل بي غضبك أو يَحِلَّ علىَّ سخطُك لك العتبى حتى ترضى ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بك

عن ابن عباس أن النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم - كان يقول عند الكرب: "لا إله إلا الله العظيم الحليم، لا إله إلا الله رب العرش العظيم، لا إله إلا الله رب السماوات ورب الأرض رب العرش الكريم" رواه الترمذى

عن أبى بكرة أن النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم - قال دعوات المكروب:

"اللهم رحمتك أرجو فلا تكلني إلى نفسي طرفة عين، وأصلح لي شأني كله لا إله إلا أنت" رواه أبو داود

عن سعد ابن وقاص - رضي الله عنه - قال: قال رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - دعوة ذي النون إذ دعي وهو في بطن الحوت:

"لا إله إلا أنت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين" لم يدع بها رجل في شيء قط إلا استجاب له. رواه الترمذي

عْن أبي بكر - رضي الله عنه - أن رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - قال: دعوات المكروب "اللهم رحمتك أرجو فلا تكلني إلي نفسي طرفة عين وأصلح لي شأني كله لا إله إلا أنت" رواه أبو داود

عن ابن مسعود - رضي الله عنه - عن النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم - قال: ما أصاب عبداً هم ولا حزن فقال "اللهم إني عبدك ابن عبدك ابن أمتك ناصيتي بيدك ماضٍ فيَّ حكمك عدل فيَّ قضاؤك أسألك بكل اسم هو لك سميت به نفسك أو أنزلته في كتابك أو علمته أحداً من خلقك أو استأثرت به في علم الغيب عندك أن تجعل القرآن ربيع قلبي ونور صدري وجلاء حزني وذهاب همي" إلا أذهب الله همه وحزنه وأبدله مكانه فرحا. رواه أحمد وابن حبان

قال أبو سعيد - رضي الله عنه: دخل رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - المسجد ذات يوم فإذا هو برجل من الأنصار يقال له أبو أمامة فقال: يا أبا أمامة مالي أراك جالساً في المسجد في غير صلاة ؟ قال: هموم لزمتني وديون يا رسول الله قال: أفلا أعلمك كلاماً إذا قلته أذهب الله همك وقضى عنك دينك قلت: بلى يا رسول الله قال: قل إذا أصبحت وإذا أمسيت: "اللهم إني أعوذ بك من الهم والحزن والعجز والكسل وأعوذ بك من الجبن والبخل وأعوذ بك من غلبة الدين وقهر الرجال" رواه البخاري

دعاء زين العابدين بن علي لتفريج الكرب:

إلهي كيف أدعوك وأنا أنا، وكيف أقطع رجائي منك وأنت أنت؟، إلهي إن لم أدعك فستجب لي فمن ذا الذي أدعوه فيستجيب؟ وإن لم أسألك فتعطيني فمن ذا الذي أسأله فيعطيني؟ وإن لم أتضرع إليك فتنجيني فمن ذا الذي أتضرع إليه فينجيني؟ إلهي وكما فلقت البحر لموسى فنجيته من الغرق فصلّ اللهم على محمد وعلى آل محمد ونجني مما أنا فيه من كرب بفرج عاجل غير آجل وبرحمتك يا أرحم الراحمين. (يقرأ مئة مرة بعد صلاة ركعتين في ثلث الليل الأخير)

دعاء فك الكرب: لا إله إلا الله الحليم الكريم، لا إله إلا الله العلي العطيم، لا إله إلا الله رب السموات السبع رب العرش العطيم

دعاء: اللهم يا مؤنس كلّ غريب ويا صاحب كلّ وحيد ويا ملجأ كل خائف ويا كاشف كلّ كربة أسألك لأن تقذف رجاءك في قلبي حتى لا يكون لي همُ ولا شغلُ غيرك وأسألك أن تجعل لي من أمري فرجاً ومخرجاً إنك على كل شيء قدير.

دعاء: هبني اللّهم الصبر والقدرة لأرضى بما ليس منه بد، وهبني اللّهم الشجاعة والقوة لأغير ما تقوى على تغييره يد، وهبني اللهم السداد والحكمة لأميز بين هذا وذاك.

دعاء: اللهم آت نفسي تقواها , وزكّها, أنت خير من زكّاها , أنت وليّها ومولاها ،اللهم إني أعوذ بك من علم لا ينفع, وقلب لا يخشع , ونفس لا تشبع , ودعوة لا يستجاب لها ،اللهم إني أعوذ بك من شر ما عملت , ومن شر ما لم أعمل , وأعوذ بك من شر ما علمت , ومن شر ما لم أعلم اللهم إني أعوذ بك من زوال نعمتك , وتحول عافيتك , وفجاءة نقمتك , وجميع سخطك ".

دعاء: اللهم من اعتزّ بك فلن يُذل، ومن اهتدى بك فلن يضِلّ، ومن استكثر بك فلن يقلّ، ومن استقوى بك فلن يضعف، ومن استغنى بك فلن يفتقر، ومن استنصر بك فلن يُخذل، ومن استعان بك فلن يُغلب، ومن توكل عليك فلن يخيب، ومن جعلك ملاذه فلن يضيع، ومن اعتصم بك فقد هُدي إلى صراط مستقيم، اللهم فكن لنا وليّاً ونصيرا، وكن لنا معيناً ومجيرا، إنك كنت بنا بصيرا.

دعاء: اللهم إنا نسألك زيادة في الدين ، وبركة في العمر ، وصحة في الجسد ، وسعة في الرزق ،وتوبة قبل الموت ، وشهادة عند الموت ، ومغفرة بعد الموت ، وعفوا عند الحساب ، وأمانا من العذاب ، ونصيبا من الجنة ، وارزقنا النظر إلى وجهك الكريم ، اللهم ارحم موتانا وموتى المسلمين واشفي مرضانا ومرضى المسليمين ، اللهم اغفر للمسلمين والمسلمات والمؤمنين والمؤمنات الاحياء منهم والاموات ، اللهم ارزقني قبل الموت توبة وعند الموت شهادة وبعد الموت جنة ، اللهم ارزقني حسن الخاتمة ، اللهم ارزقني الموت وانا ساجد لك يا ارحم الراحمين ، اللهم ثبتني عند سؤال الملكين ، اللهم اجعل قبري روضة من رياض الجنة ولا تجعله حفرة من حفر النار ، اللهم اني اعوذ بك من فتن الدنيا ،اللهم اني اعوذ بك من فتن الدنيا ، اللهم اني اعوذ بك من فتن الدنيا ، اللهم قوّي ايماننا ووحد كلمتنا وانصرنا على اعدائك اعداء الدين ، اللهم شتت شملهم واجعل الدائرة عليهم ، اللهم انصر اخواننا المسلمين في كل مكان ، اللهم ارحم ابائنا وامهاتنا واغفر لهما وتجاوز عن سيئاتهما وادخلهم فسيح جناتك، والحقنا بهما يا رب العالمين ،وبارك اللهم على سيدنا محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم

اللهم فك كرب المكروبين

وفرج هم المهمومين

واقض الدين عن المدينين

واشف مرضانا ومرضى المسلمين .. واشف مرضانا ومرضى المسلمين

واغفر لموتانا وموتى المسلمين

ووسع مدخلهم .. وتجاوز عن سيئاتهم .. واسكنهم فسيح جناتك ياأرحم الراحمين

إنك يا مولانا على كل شيء قدير وبالإجابة جدير

سبحان ربك رب العزة عما يصفون

وسلام على المرسلين

والحمد لله رب العالمين

وصل اللهم على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه أجمعين

أوصيكم ونفسي بكثرة الذكر والدعاء والاستغفار

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ ذِكْراً كَثِيراً {41} وَسَبِّحُوهُ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلاً {42} هُوَ الَّذِي يُصَلِّي عَلَيْكُمْ وَمَلَائِكَتُهُ لِيُخْرِجَكُم مِّنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ وَكَانَ بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَحِيماً {43} الاحزاب

فَقُلْتُ اسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفَّاراً {10}‏ يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاء عَلَيْكُم مِّدْرَاراً {11} وَيُمْدِدْكُمْ بِأَمْوَالٍ وَبَنِينَ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ وَيَجْعَل لَّكُمْ أَنْهَاراً {12} نو

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
shamsuannahr said:

Congrats shamsunhar! So happy for you ! Do u mind me asking what was youe e-case reflecting untill the interview time!

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
shamsuannahr said:

Hi Shamsuannahr,

We are in a very similar situation as you and your husband (he is Muslim/Egyptian, I am a non-religious 'Christian', he is younger, we married after one year, but I only lived in Egypt for a few months of that time and have only visited 2 other times). We applied for his PR one week after you applied (March 13, 2012).

I truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us all, and at this moment, I am in Canada looking into flights to Cairo as my husband's interview is this Sunday; it sounds like my being present may be the only way we will have any success in the interview. It is going to be a huge expense and an even bigger inconvenience to travel to Egypt for just a few days, but if it means getting the visa, at this point I am willing to make this sacrifice. If you have any other advice that you think will help us in this process, please let me know.

Again, thank you so much for this information - if it wasn't for you, and for many other people's advice on this forum, we might have walked into the same lion's den of an interview. And who knows, it might not help if I'm there. But if I don't go and he doesn't get the visa, I will always regret not being there with him. At least this way, I will have done everything possible and will have no regrets.

Please wish us luck and let us know of any other tips or advice that may help us. Any other information on the type of language to use (does he speak English only?), should we be extra polite or maybe slightly forceful? Does he respect the female if she is assertive? Any insight could be very helpful.

Thank you everyone, and best of luck to those who are appealing and those who have yet to have their interviews.

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Canada Wolf said:
Congrats shamsunhar! So happy for you ! Do u mind me asking what was youe e-case reflecting untill the interview time!
It still says Application received, even now, and when I click on it:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 6, 2012.

Interview scheduled for May 12, 2013.

Thank you everyone for your congratulations! It means a lot!

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
CanJen said:
Hi Shamsuannahr,

We are in a very similar situation as you and your husband (he is Muslim/Egyptian, I am a non-religious 'Christian', he is younger, we married after one year, but I only lived in Egypt for a few months of that time and have only visited 2 other times). We applied for his PR one week after you applied (March 13, 2012).

I truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us all, and at this moment, I am in Canada looking into flights to Cairo as my husband's interview is this Sunday; it sounds like my being present may be the only way we will have any success in the interview. It is going to be a huge expense and an even bigger inconvenience to travel to Egypt for just a few days, but if it means getting the visa, at this point I am willing to make this sacrifice. If you have any other advice that you think will help us in this process, please let me know.

Again, thank you so much for this information - if it wasn't for you, and for many other people's advice on this forum, we might have walked into the same lion's den of an interview. And who knows, it might not help if I'm there. But if I don't go and he doesn't get the visa, I will always regret not being there with him. At least this way, I will have done everything possible and will have no regrets.

Please wish us luck and let us know of any other tips or advice that may help us. Any other information on the type of language to use (does he speak English only?), should we be extra polite or maybe slightly forceful? Does he respect the female if she is assertive? Any insight could be very helpful.

Thank you everyone, and best of luck to those who are appealing and those who have yet to have their interviews.
The old man only speaks English, so there was a young Egyptian woman who sat next to him the whole time to assist anyone whose English isn't good, but she didn't say anything during our interview. Personally, I would say be on the safe side and be as polite as possible (especially your husband) - don't get defensive, don't argue with him, that will just provoke him more. Try to stay calm and acknowledge his concerns, instead of just dismissing them. I think it helped our case that I said that I was already aware of the phenomenon of visa/fake marriages and had already had bad experiences in Egypt, so I knew how to tell the difference. Also that I addressed the age difference by saying that it's true I was a little more mature than my husband, instead of just denying that it makes a difference altogether. Be ready to address his concerns from his perspective. Also, it's sad we have to do this and it's none of the embassy's business, but I think it did make a difference that I said that my husband wasn't that religious, and described his lifestyle. The old man is stereotyping all Muslim men as praying 5 times a day (NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT! :)) and not shaking hands with women and reading the Qur'an nonstop. If your husband is NOT like that, I strongly recommend you (the wife) mention it, because unfortunately, those are the kind of Muslims the Canadian government wants in the country. It's discrimination and it's wrong, but you have to play their game. :( Good luck!

CanJen

Feb 11, 2013
shamsuannahr said:
The old man only speaks English, so there was a young Egyptian woman who sat next to him the whole time to assist anyone whose English isn't good, but she didn't say anything during our interview. Personally, I would say be on the safe side and be as polite as possible (especially your husband) - don't get defensive, don't argue with him, that will just provoke him more. Try to stay calm and acknowledge his concerns, instead of just dismissing them. I think it helped our case that I said that I was already aware of the phenomenon of visa/fake marriages and had already had bad experiences in Egypt, so I knew how to tell the difference. Also that I addressed the age difference by saying that it's true I was a little more mature than my husband, instead of just denying that it makes a difference altogether. Be ready to address his concerns from his perspective. Also, it's sad we have to do this and it's none of the embassy's business, but I think it did make a difference that I said that my husband wasn't that religious, and described his lifestyle. The old man is stereotyping all Muslim men as praying 5 times a day (NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT! :)) and not shaking hands with women and reading the Qur'an nonstop. If your husband is NOT like that, I strongly recommend you (the wife) mention it, because unfortunately, those are the kind of Muslims the Canadian government wants in the country. It's discrimination and it's wrong, but you have to play their game. :( Good luck!
Thank you again for all your help - I was already thinking some of things you suggested (i.e. proof that husband is not very religious, being able to identify and avoid disingenuous relationships), so it's good to have validation about our approach. It is very unfortunate that this A-hole is responsible for determining the fate of so many people's lives, but we will try our best to overcome this obstacle! I will provide an update when I'm back on Canadian soil.

Take care everyone

Ahmegan

Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-12-2012
File Transfer...
15-01-2013
Interview........
19-05-2013 (rejected)
@ freeislam000 thank you so much for your help and suggestions, it helps us to prepare and know exactly what to expect. I wish everything turns best for you.[/color]
@ Barbara, ours is also 5 months, on the 19th, if yours is then also we should coordinate something and discuss our experience afterwards, i wish you all the best.
@ shamsuannahr, alf alf alf mabrouk, im very happy for you, i wish your situation is the same for all of us. how long was the interview? It sounds like it was only a few minutes, its funny how they can judge a relationship to be true or not based on some minutes, even when the couple has been together for much more than that. It sounds as if the more detail you explain of your relationship the better. Im wondering what the red flag is in my documents, and how i can answer him for that. Maybe since we met online and got married after a year of online. Alhamdullah I will have an interview as well and I think it was a great idea for your husband to bring in those photos really.
SO this interviewer is racist towards egyptians? Since Im a muslim and he will see that when im wearing a scarf and abaya, will he be more racist towards me? My husband and I are very religious, so should we pretend to not be? I will try to be as friendly and open to him as I can...would be amazing to meet anyone else with an interview that day!