CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 09, 2012 (CAIRO) Feb 20 2012 (CPP-O)
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
moeXtr said:
Thank you for your followup. Yes I am positive that I have the choice. I can be anywhere in the world (including Canada) and apply outland , however I must be in Canada to apply inland. I made sure.

Now if I do decide to do it in Cairo do you have any idea how much the medical will cost? and should I apply for kashf el ahl for my family as in me and my wife or my parents and brothers?

One last thing, now we got married in the ministry of Justice and they gave us 2 original marriage certificates "3aqd zawag rasmy" with our fingerprints and pictures on it. Should I translate and use those or should I apply for the computerized marriage certificate ("qed zawag" looks similar to the birth certificate) and use that instead?
P.S, Kash al2ahl is about your family like your parents and brothers and sisters.

moeXtr

Aug 4, 2012
Ontarioer said:
first congratulations for the marriage
second, kashf altebi costs about 850 L.E or so.
third, you need to translate the marriage certificate in alshahr al3aqari I guess, as you are married to a foreign
and lastly, I am not sure if you can have the computerized marriage certificate if your wife is not Egyptian.
P.S I also had my marriage in the ministry of justice because my wife is not egyptian. And I sent it along with the translation, so u should be good I guess.
madatito2000 said:
you can have that computerized marriage certificate and it will take time and you must change your egyptian ID to be married and then it will take around 2 months for them to computerize it and i think that its better and you must put and give and add that your application the marriage certificate must be authenticated by stamp from Canadian Embassy with 50 Canadian Dollar then take some stamp from office of ministry of foreign affairs its close to shahr al akary you can ask there they will tell you and its better for you to do all of that with english copy of your marriage certificate
the medical charge 750 L.E at Sabry Ghally clinic you can find his information in cic .ca under DM
Allah yaberk feek. :) Thanks alot for all the information guys you all have been a great help. Now about the computerized marriage certificate it took me only 1 day to have it! Here's what you have to do for you to get it:

1. Go to Segel Madany of 3abdeen and get "Bayan Zawag" (Should take one day but if you give the lady 5 pounds she'll do it in 2 minutes! ;) )
2. Make one photocopy of your civil ID "betaqet el rakam el qawmy" and one of your marriage certificate.
3. Go to "Ala7wal El Madaneya" in 3abaseya square and head to the 5th floor. Ask for Mrs. Manal Moustafa and give her all the documents above. She'll ask you to wait for 5 minutes (which means 30-45 minutes as usual!) and then she'll tell you that its all done and you've been entered to the system.
4. Go to any segel madany (segel madany of 3abaseya is at walking distance) and go to the same counter that you get your birth certificate from and pay L.E. 16 and they'll give it to you.

If you don't do all of the above then you'll have to wait for 2 months approx. until its entered to the system like you said.

Cheers

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry how much are the medical costs at Dr Ahmed Moustafa, Heliopolis Cairo

youss

Aug 9, 2012
Hey guys,
I sponsored my husband and his file got transferred to the Cairo visa office. They sent me an email that they need his passport, then they confirmed the reception of the passport , then I emailed them asking when the visa will be issued they told me on the 8th of August. Today the 9th, I received an email from them as follows :

Dear xxxxxx,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Kindly note that a technical problem came up while issuing your visa. You will be informed as soon as this issue is solved by our office in Ottawa. Note that we are unable to confirm that passport will be ready by Monday.

(I told them before that we need my husband's passport before the 16th cuz he has his ticket booked by then :S).
anyways, I was just wondering has this occured with any of u guys?
Thanks

farnardo

Jul 14, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
I think they r very cautions these days coz of the current circumstances going now in Egypt.... Electricity went off everywhere now.
it should be fine don't worry
I jst wanna ask u how long it took u after u've been approved from CPM??? I'm sponsoring my husband too & I'm too worried about everything may go around cairo visa office... I can't bear the wait
I sponsored my husband and his file got transferred to the Cairo visa office. They sent me an email that they need his passport, then they confirmed the reception of the passport , then I emailed them asking when the visa will be issued they told me on the 8th of August. Today the 9th, I received an email from them as follows :

Dear xxxxxx,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Kindly note that a technical problem came up while issuing your visa. You will be informed as soon as this issue is solved by our office in Ottawa. Note that we are unable to confirm that passport will be ready by Monday.

(I told them before that we need my husband's passport before the 16th cuz he has his ticket booked by then :S).
anyways, I was just wondering has this occured with any of u guys?
Thanks
[/quote]

farnardo

Jul 14, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
I think they r very cautions these days coz of the current circumstances going now in Egypt.... Electricity went off everywhere now.
it should be fine don't worry
I jst wanna ask u how long it took u after u've been approved from CPM??? I'm sponsoring my husband too & I'm too worried about everything may go around cairo visa office... I can't bear the wait

mamado

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
cairo , egypt
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi youss , do you think with me that your processing times are a bit unclear
, you sent your application at June 14th , when did you receive your AOR ? , your friends told you that it only takes 6 months for all the issue and you are going to finish it in almost two months ??? and you complain about the waiting , i don't understand , something wrong , wrong information maybe , i think you haven't gotten your AOR yet and that techniqal problem is just because your file is missing so many things i think , i wish the best for you and for everybody too but also it doesn't make sense when we read wrong information , i'm a bit jealous i admit because i'm a Cairo visa office and i sent it before you at march 19 and i received my AOR at June 27 , i don't complain because i think this is the normal processing times and if you checked the cic processing times it's 16 months for Cairo, wish the best for you ,forgive me if i look mean but just the hot ,fasting in Ramadan plus the electricity problem !!!!!!!!

youss

Aug 9, 2012
mamado said:
, you sent your application at June 14th , when did you receive your AOR ? , your friends told you that it only takes 6 months for all the issue and you are going to finish it in almost two months ??? and you complain about the waiting , i don't understand , something wrong , wrong information maybe , i think you haven't gotten your AOR yet and that techniqal problem is just because your file is missing so many things i think , i wish the best for you and for everybody too but also it doesn't make sense when we read wrong information , i'm a bit jealous i admit because i'm a Cairo visa office and i sent it before you at march 19 and i received my AOR at June 27 , i don't complain because i think this is the normal processing times and if you checked the cic processing times it's 16 months for Cairo, wish the best for you ,forgive me if i look mean but just the hot ,fasting in Ramadan plus the electricity problem !!!!!!!!
No i think you got sthg wrong....i didnt even write my timeline. I sponsored my husband in November 2010, got approved June 2011 , file got transfered to Ottawa and then cairo visa office. Since june 2011 no news then rcved email august to send passport and all that....i think maybe with theelectricity that was the case. We will c.

youss

Aug 9, 2012
mamado said:
so sorry youss , misunderstanding , i'm so sorry
No worries :)

Is anyone aware if my husband will be able to pick up his passport in person from the embassy instead of sending it by dhl since we r stressed on time ?

mamado

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
cairo , egypt
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no worries , i'm sure he'll be informed by any how to go to take his passport and the shiny visa in it , just temporary stupid power problem , you just get ready to be together so soon , wish you the best , i feel you because we are in the same conditions

emadiano

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Interview........
06-02-2012
Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
mamado said:
hi mamado but i want to tell you the processing time in egypt not 16 month but 13 month only
good luck

emadiano

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Interview........
06-02-2012
Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
Africa and Middle East Visa Office Processing Times
IN MONTHS
(based on a complete application package)

Cairo - Egypt 13

farnardo

Jul 14, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2014
hii marie.. thx for ur msg jst got it now.. actually I'm june applicant and I didn't receive anything yet... I worried about the situation going in egypt now
hope it won't affect the office

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
i need some urgent help please..

a month and half ago i did my second medical and have been received. i decided to email the cairo vo. for any updates. i got a shocking response today telling me that your file is pending the RPRF by your sponsor. and that they cant go further till the payment is done and confirmed .. and now its been a month and a half a go and i dont have any idea about this fees. i thought my lawyer paid that at the begining of the process. and my fault i didnot fellow up with him about the fees.. but now im so freaked out and going crazy .. am afraid that this will affect my file toward refusal..i know this will defiantly delay my process again . im going to call my lawyer tomorrow and find out what the hell is going on .. but since they tell me that i still have to pay it . ANYONE PLEASE COULD TELL ME HOW TO PAY ASAP ONLINE OR ANY OTHER WAYS AND HOW LONG FOR THIS FEE TO BE PROCESSED AND DONE . please any help or advices would be highly appreciated ...