+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

TH77

Jul 10, 2010
lilyy00 said:
forgot to ask about something , in another thread i asked if i can go back to egypt to spend some time with my husband someone replied me saying that i can't do so except for short vacations ( 2 weeks ) i can't stay a long period & that if the immigration in canada knew that im not in canada the whole process can be cancelled , is that right ?
If you have your PR status (landed immigrant) you are free to go as long as you want...just keep in mind the 2-5 rule which is you have to stay minimum 2 years within your 5 year PR card validity (thats the date you landed not the date your PR card was issued) - the downside though is...all time you spend outside canada adds up on the three years you count to apply for your citizenship...my wife is in egypt for the last six months and i have checked with my lawyer as well as CIC and i am sure there is no problem...if your PR card is not yet issued you can still go but you need to apply in Cairo visa office for a travel document which takes approx two weeks but you will need yout COPR to apply for that

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
TH77 said:
If you have your PR status (landed immigrant) you are free to go as long as you want...just keep in mind the 2-5 rule which is you have to stay minimum 2 years within your 5 year PR card validity (thats the date you landed not the date your PR card was issued) - the downside though is...all time you spend outside canada adds up on the three years you count to apply for your citizenship...my wife is in egypt for the last six months and i have checked with my lawyer as well as CIC and i am sure there is no problem...if your PR card is not yet issued you can still go but you need to apply in Cairo visa office for a travel document which takes approx two weeks but you will need yout COPR to apply for that
thanks for your reply however everyone is warning me of staying a long time outside canada while the application is in process. if your wife has a PR & medical insurance take care that if she stayed more than 183 days it can be cancelled or something like that , it is written on medical insurance site.

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Dear all,

i have not signed in for a long time,sorry if i have not replied....

Did anyone send a pre-paid package with UPS to Cairo for the passport?

If so ,please let me know:)

We arranged with UPS online but i don;t see any updates on the delivery status.

Thank you

Lapula

mido_y2j

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
lapula said:
Dear all,

i have not signed in for a long time,sorry if i have not replied....

Did anyone send a pre-paid package with UPS to Cairo for the passport?

If so ,please let me know:)

We arranged with UPS online but i don;t see any updates on the delivery status.

Thank you

Lapula
my passport same time as you Lapula and i got not updates online with dhl since last week when i got my tracking number untill today embassy email me tell me about my package will be arrive within week .
so from what i understand they may still have some arrangements to do like gather all your file together to send it back
so you have nothing to worry about

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
TH77 said:
lily there are rules that are different for canadian citizens and permanent residents. I think as a citizen I can go to any country and as long as I prove I will re-estalish residence in Canada it will not be a problem, however as a permanent resident, you must remain in Canada to sponsor someone so short vacations will be okay but nothing over about a month. It will make CIC question whether you are actually living in Canada and your husband could be denied based on that so be very careful.

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all
I keep finding good and bad thigns about this spousal sponsorship. I'm working now to get my T4 slips.. but unfortunately Canada is very slow with that.
Now I have... kind of a good thing... slash confusing thing
My work... just offered to sponsor my husband... for a work permit. How ever that works.
And ... I'm not sure how that works, .... but ya, I was very excited to hear that.
But I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. If I let them do that or not
Is it faster.. or... slower... will he still be accepted to come or not... does he have to pay more money or do I have to pay more money
I dont know what happens
Canada any one offer a little advise?
Spousal sponsor or Work permit sponsor thing?

Thank you, so much

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Spritz said:
Hey all
I keep finding good and bad thigns about this spousal sponsorship. I'm working now to get my T4 slips.. but unfortunately Canada is very slow with that.
Now I have... kind of a good thing... slash confusing thing
My work... just offered to sponsor my husband... for a work permit. How ever that works.
And ... I'm not sure how that works, .... but ya, I was very excited to hear that.
But I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. If I let them do that or not
Is it faster.. or... slower... will he still be accepted to come or not... does he have to pay more money or do I have to pay more money
I dont know what happens
Canada any one offer a little advise?
Spousal sponsor or Work permit sponsor thing?

Thank you, so much
That's great news spritz. I don't know if you can have two applications in process at the same time. Maybe you should start another post and get an opinion from and expert here.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Hubby got a letter from immigration today by postal mail dated the 15th of september. It would have been faster by email.They wanted question 15 of schedule 1 fully completed with no time gaps.They are picky. :( he forgot to put he was at home living for the few months between school and army forces and again the time after army forces and his first job. But be happy this means they ARE going over the files.

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Hang in there Louisa!

On an other positive side is that you will not need to go back under the pile once you turn in the information!
Thank you for your update!

I know I still don't have any info but I come on this forum daily!

Keep the news coming :D

~ Mels

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all
I'm looking for some people who are in Egypt... and have some idea on how to do things. Because all information I have on how to sponsor my husband is great.. but for the things he has to do in Egypt.. he doesn't know what I'm talking about or where to go to do them.. or if anything will be aprroved or not

The first thing I have.. is just... affidavids... We need that.
It's like .... telling somebody what yoru saying is true... and it's legal.
Where do you get that in Egypt.. how do you get that.
I just need him to have some legal letters of support saying that his family and friends know us. That's what its called in Canada.
I'm told you can do it in Egypt..
can Anyone help me with this please
that would be very much appreciated..
you can even use arabic.. that would be better for me to .. tell him and .. learn more arabic for me :) :D

Thanks so much
Spritz

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Hi spiritz

I don't understand what affidavids is but I used to have a summary of the things I needed to do before I started this process, give me a while to prepare it and I'm gonna post it here ok

Spirit

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh thank you so much spirit-88 =D I ll wait here to see it.
I'm having such a hard time to organize my thigns and trying to find out what he needs.. and how he needs to get it =D

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Hi Guys

We got an email today from CIC. My husband has an interview in Cairo on October 10, 2011.

He was asked to bring the following documents as well as acknowledging receipt of the message.

- Photos for the wedding reception and honeymoon
- Photos of your sponsor with your family.
- Evidence of any visits from sponsor to Egypt (i.e copies of airline tickets, etc..)
- Proof of ongoing relationship, (recent chatting, e-mails).
- The original marriage certificate.
- Your passport and 3 personal photos with a white background.

Please pray for us and wish us luck....Thanks.

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
You're welcome Spiritz, this is a summary i did before the sponsorship to be aware of this whole complicated process, then i could read their Sponsorship guide :D

1- Your husbad (sponsored person) birth certificate must be translated from the health ministry and legalized at the foriegn affairs office.

2- The Marriege certificate translated from justice ministry and legalized at the foreign affairs also

3- Change the maritual status in your husband ID from single to married and take it with marriage certificate to get somthing called al kaid al 3a'ely or kashf el ahl (family transcript) from place called al segel al madany then translate it and legalize it too. (you can translate it at office called (Happy international Business Center) there number is : 7959902 they are approved by cic, and your family means you, him and your children not your parents ok.

4- a peper proofs he finished his army, but thi one I have no experience at cuz I’m a girl I didn’t need it :D

5- he has to get police clearence called in arabic feesh we tashbeeh and do it in the end because it's expired after 3 months, and translate it. to be continued...