+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

baby-asad98

Mar 10, 2020
Have your husband's served in the military? I've heard that you need permission from the egyptian military to travel before leaving egypt.

Last edited:

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Congratulations. We didn't get any new updates after our call.
Thank you. Hope you hear soon! Husband is the sponsor so as a dual citizen (also an only son and over 30), he is exempt from military on all fronts. If your husband is only temporarily exempt (eg due to studies), I believe he will need to apply for a travel permit.

Reactions: baby-asad98

Shrouqm

Feb 23, 2021
Anyone here Feb 2020 app plz
our timeline:
App received: Feb 25
AOR: March 10
Bio request: Sept 18
Sponsor approval and Moved to Cairo: Oct 13
No updates ever since :(
I already got visitor visa and i wonder why is taking them so long to process background check while it’s already done in Visa application ?

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Anyone here Feb 2020 app plz
our timeline:
App received: Feb 25
AOR: March 10
Bio request: Sept 18
Sponsor approval and Moved to Cairo: Oct 13
No updates ever since :(
I already got visitor visa and i wonder why is taking them so long to process background check while it’s already done in Visa application ?
What dose Ecas and GCKey profile show as status of your application?

On the other hand, TRV and the Sponsorship are two different process and IRCC process the two differently when it comes to checks and eligibility.

Last edited:

Shrouqm

Feb 23, 2021
What dose Ecas and GCKey profile show as status of your application?

On the other hand, TRV and the Sponsorship are two different process and IRCC process the two differently when it comes to checks and eligibility.
ECAs say Decision made in sponsor column and In process in Applicant column

maxayma

May 11, 2020
ECAs say Decision made in sponsor column and In process in Applicant column
So you didn't receive any communication from Cairo office (AOR2, additional document requests, etc.)

Did you tried to order GCMS note about your file or used a webfrom or email to Cairo office to get any updates after being transfer to Cairo. If no then you should consider inquiring about you application from Cairo office it is already 12 months at least they should share with you what is happening.

Last edited:

Shrouqm

Feb 23, 2021
So you didn't receive any communication from Cairo office (AOR2, additional document requests, etc.)

Did you tried to order GCMS note about your file or used a webfrom or email to Cairo office to get any updates after being transfer to Cairo. If no then you should consider inquiring about you application from Cairo office it is already 12 months at least they should share with you what is happening.
No actually we received nothing from them, when i called the IRCC, they told me that the application is still in Sydney, NS and Cairo is the 2ry office they just both have it online
I already ordered GCM, waiting
And tried webform several time but no answer, planning to send another one when we pass the 12 months mark, which is on Feb 25th

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
No actually we received nothing from them, when i called the IRCC, they told me that the application is still in Sydney, NS and Cairo is the 2ry office they just both have it online
I already ordered GCM, waiting
And tried webform several time but no answer, planning to send another one when we pass the 12 months mark, which is on Feb 25th
How is it transfered to Cairo but still in Sydney? That doesn't make sense. But it's not unusual for Cairo office to be completely silent for a while - we didn't hear from them for 8 months after our file was transfered.

Shrouqm

Feb 23, 2021
How is it transfered to Cairo but still in Sydney? That doesn't make sense. But it's not unusual for Cairo office to be completely silent for a while - we didn't hear from them for 8 months after our file was transfered.
They just replied on a webform i sent on Feb 8 to tell me that the information i provided differs from my file and needed a whole load of info about my file to answer my question :(

Adam202

Mar 1, 2021
Hello, everyone my online status just changed to decision made without receiving any email, family sponsorship cairo vo. is that a positive sign? they didn't ask for interview, another question my sponsor is currently visiting egypt since 26 jun 2021 dose that makes any difference for the visa office? anyone know how long it could take from decision made to passport request? thank you

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Hello, everyone my online status just changed to decision made without receiving any email, family sponsorship cairo vo. is that a positive sign? they didn't ask for interview, another question my sponsor is currently visiting egypt since 26 jun 2021 dose that makes any difference for the visa office? anyone know how long it could take from decision made to passport request? thank you
Congratulations, it is usually a matter of days or maybe few weeks till you get passport request.
The sponsor being in Egypt has no impact on your approval status.

What was your time line?

Adam202

Mar 1, 2021
my time line is:
  1. We received your application f on October 31, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on October 7, 2020.
  3. We sent you correspondence on February 15, 2020.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 13, 2020.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2021.
  7. We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2021.
  8. Then the embassy called to ask where the sponsor resides then I found Decision made but still didn't receive anything