+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hi all ,
I wanna ask about any one here get a passport from visa office this month , because i didn't see any move in embassy from December

Kordy

Jan 3, 2018
Hi All
i'm in the process of gathering documents,as i'm an Egyptian and my Canadian wife is going to sponsor me.
My question is... Had any of you,specially who applied using a representative,write a short story about their life,just as a covering letter explaining their case?
if so,please share just the format of the letter... of course without any personal data
thx in advance

Kordy

Jan 3, 2018
Dear All
as i noticed that many of you asking about Background check,i found the following in another thread that best describes that process
hope it helps

"Background checks are done through many companies such as and not limited to these 6.

1. CSIS: Security screening, Espionage and Foreign interference, Terrorism, Weapon of mass destruction,
Human trafficking, CSIS works with many agencies around the globe and they like the FBI or CIA. I happened to contact them in 2013 when I was sponsoring my spouse because the background checks were taking too long and they responded me. So you can actually write to them and request to know about your background checks

2. INTERPOL:

•Help officials – senior law enforcers, policy makers and decision makers – deal more effectively with uncertainty and new challenges;
•Provide timely warning of threats;
•Support operational activities and complex investigations.

Types of analysis

Criminal intelligence analysis is divided into operational (or tactical) and strategic analysis.

The basic skills required are similar, the two categories differ with regard to the level of detail and the type of client for whom the products
are designed. Operational analysis aims to achieve a specific law enforcement outcome. This might be an arrest, seizure, forfeiture of assets or money gained from criminal activities, or the disruption of a criminal group.

Operational analytical support includes:
•Identifying links between suspects, and their involvement in crimes and criminal activity;
•Identifying key investigative or information gaps;
•Preparing profiles of known or suspected criminals.

Strategic analysis is intended to inform higher level decision makers, and the benefits are realized over the long term.

The intention is to provide early warning of threats and to support senior decision makers in preparing their organizations to deal with emerging criminal issues. This might include allocating resources to different types of crime, or increasing training in a particular crime-fighting technique.

Strategic analysis includes the identification of:
•Crime trends and patterns;
•Emerging threats;
•The potential impact of external factors such as technology, demographics or economics on crime.

In every country there is an Interpol office.

3. RCMP: You may need a criminal record check for various purposes, including: employment, adoption, international travel, volunteer work, citizenship, name change, student placement or to obtain a record suspension

4. If you were an ex Policeman, ex military , ex diplomat, ex government member, ex secret serviceman, your checks will be very deep than a simple citizen

5. Number of trips you did to some red flagged regions of the world, if there is any immigration laws you have been broken in the past, any warrant against you in the countries you visited more that 6 months.

6. Your full name and date of birth sound familiar like someone they have been looking for around the world

During this period you can now understand why CIC has no control over your file anymore and they usually don't like to reply to some emails of why the process is taking too long. They will only tell you we are waiting for background checks to finish. It can take from one months to some extend 12 months because there is no way to control this period.

7. Anytime your file does not make sense about dates, locations, occupation, Fake school certificate or marriage these things will make the VO to extend the processing time in order to work with the issuing government of any documentation your provided. These are good ingredient of an interview.

So CSIS is the leading government third party that works with other agencies around the world. There was one guy in Italy who had a criminal conviction but he hid it in the end CIC found out through CSIS and this person was charged with misrepresentation. based on the notes they might have left on his profile. A lady in Ghana produced Fake school certificate and CIC found it and they did not trust any documents she sent, her file was rejected and banned from applying to come to Canada. There are so many stories we can tell. When our files are in background checks a lot do happen. If you research a lot you will learn a lot too. "

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hi Kordy,

I don't see the link between using a representative and the story about your life.
I didn't use a representative and I didn't write a story... I think almost everything is already covered in the forms.

Hi All
i'm in the process of gathering documents,as i'm an Egyptian and my Canadian wife is going to sponsor me.
My question is... Had any of you,specially who applied using a representative,write a short story about their life,just as a covering letter explaining their case?
if so,please share just the format of the letter... of course without any personal data
thx in advance

Reactions: Kordy

Mndo1020

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hi All
thx in advance
Don’t ask for representatives how they will bleed your blood for nothing better start it yourself that’s required reading but in the end you will ge the same result wish you best of luck

Kordy

Jan 3, 2018
Hi Kordy,

I don't see the link between using a representative and the story about your life.
I didn't use a representative and I didn't write a story... I think almost everything is already covered in the forms.
Hi desertflower
thanks for your reply and i do trust your opinion as i had read all what you had posted.
Actually it was an advice from a lawyer who i broke up with him !
i did googled about that ,this letter is such a way to make the work of the VO easier and usually made by professional lawyers

MikeNag123

Jan 9, 2019
I have received an email on 23 Jan 2019 from Cairo Visa Office requesting an updated POF , first page of passport (biodata page) and height and eye color to be sent by email to their end within 15 days.
Can anyone advise what does it mean ? how far I am from PPR ?

Am a PNP applicant with following timeline :
AOR: 22 Sep 2018
MED : 22 Oct 2018
Biometeric : 24 Oct 2018
ADR : consent from my spouse that I have legal access to her money : 4 Dec 2018
File transferred to Cairo Visa office : 13 Dec 2018 (as per a phone call to CIC)
Thanks

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
You can write this letter, it cannot have negative impact on your application.
But it's not needed to get the PR either. :)
Anyway, best of luck!!!

Hi desertflower
thanks for your reply and i do trust your opinion as i had read all what you had posted.
Actually it was an advice from a lawyer who i broke up with him !
i did googled about that ,this letter is such a way to make the work of the VO easier and usually made by professional lawyers

Ranianazmey

Feb 4, 2019
I have received an email on 23 Jan 2019 from Cairo Visa Office requesting an updated POF , first page of passport (biodata page) and height and eye color to be sent by email to their end within 15 days.
Can anyone advise what does it mean ? how far I am from PPR ?

Am a PNP applicant with following timeline :
AOR: 22 Sep 2018
MED : 22 Oct 2018
Biometeric : 24 Oct 2018
ADR : consent from my spouse that I have legal access to her money : 4 Dec 2018
File transferred to Cairo Visa office : 13 Dec 2018 (as per a phone call to CIC)
Thanks
Same here
I have received the same ADR for eye color, height and biodata pages 15th of jan.

Do u have any news ?

Ranianazmey

Feb 4, 2019
a

Thank you for your e-mail to IRCC Cairo. We do our best to ensure all applicants receive efficient service. Due to the volume of inquiries we can only respond if you have an application in process. The service standard is 10 days.
as per their auto reply email they should respond in 10 days! did you try to call them or CIC call center ?
No I didn’t.
I believe i will just wait as long as my application Is within the normal processing time.