waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
soulful_wala said:
That's great news Mossab! all the best. I hope you get your passport back very soon. I hope the rest of us hear good news soon as well.
Thank you very much soulful_wala
Really i wish that from bottom of my heart ,

but i want to ask if you know about the time that will my passport stay in Cairo to stamp it !
and what about the validity of the visa ?

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
hi Mossab,

the validity of the visa would be for one year, mine stayed in Cairo for about a week till they sent another email stating to let DHL pick it up after 5 days... all together it took about 3 weeks till it got back to my wife but that's because they delayed it and it wasn't ready after 5 days like they said (wonder how these guys have jobs there.... sad)

i have been at this since November until now trying to get my wife here .... every process has been a headache for me and it is taking about three months to do three simple steps.... send passport, receive passport, get wife to Egypt to get on her plane ..... oh and im still waiting :)

hope this helps
best regards,
Khalil

mosaab said:

but i want to ask if you know about the time that will my passport stay in Cairo to stamp it !

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
We recieved yesterday a cheque from cic with the overpayment we paid.does anyone know how we can withdraw this money my sponsor is living with me in cairo we paid for sponsorship online?is there any bank here deal with cic?i don't know pls anyone has any experiene with this situation ?
We are trying to call cic but no answer
Thanks

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
mosaab said:

Validity of the Visa expires at same time medical expires. So if you did medical in May 2013, the visa would only be valid to be used until May 2014. In some cases if medicals expire before the visa is issued or just after the visa being issued, the VO has the option to extend the medical validity for 3-6 months, or they may ask for medical to be redone.

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
that's not true, my wifes medical expired in August and her visa came out in August just before, but she still has a year until the visa expires which is August 2014

sunshinemrc said:
Validity of the Visa expires at same time medical expires. So if you did medical in May 2013, the visa would only be valid to be used until May 2014. In some cases if medicals expire before the visa is issued or just after the visa being issued, the VO has the option to extend the medical validity for 3-6 months, or they may ask for medical to be redone.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
khilo said:
that's not true, my wifes medical expired in August and her visa came out in August just before, but she still has a year until the visa expires which is August 2014
you really have no idea what you are talking about. You have to enter Canada (use your visa) before the expiry of medical. There is no ifs and buts about it.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
you have to have valid medicals to be able to enter canada...so they will not issue a visa unless your medicals are valid and you will be able to travel before they expire.

in other words, if you get your visa and your medicals expire in a week you will have to travel and land in canada before they expire

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
khilo said:
hi Mossab,

the validity of the visa would be for one year, mine stayed in Cairo for about a week till they sent another email stating to let DHL pick it up after 5 days... all together it took about 3 weeks till it got back to my wife but that's because they delayed it and it wasn't ready after 5 days like they said (wonder how these guys have jobs there.... sad)

i have been at this since November until now trying to get my wife here .... every process has been a headache for me and it is taking about three months to do three simple steps.... send passport, receive passport, get wife to Egypt to get on her plane ..... oh and im still waiting :)

hope this helps
best regards,
Khalil
Thank you bro for your reply i was really wait it
I wish i can get it in the same period, 3 weeks its not long
anyway i want to tell you i am from gaza like your wife , and i will face the same troubles :(

i wish you stay here, may be i have another inquires
thanks

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
khilo said:
sunshinemrc said:
you really have no idea what you are talking about. You have to enter Canada (use your visa) before the expiry of medical. There is no ifs and buts about it.
sunshinemrc said:
you have to have valid medicals to be able to enter canada...so they will not issue a visa unless your medicals are valid and you will be able to travel before they expire.

in other words, if you get your visa and your medicals expire in a week you will have to travel and land in canada before they expire
According to CIC website :

A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents:

the medical results for you and your family members or
your or your family members' passport.

but some people here other than (Khilo) told me that they got the visa and it will expire after medical Expires!!

So i am little confused

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
I am telling you based on what I am going through not what I know and not know

my wife's medical FINISHED August 28, 2013 her VISA expires August 11, 2014 .... and she did not redo the Medical

and please be kind, not knowing what I am talking about or knowing, we are all here to help each other

Thank you,

Khalil

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
Mosab,

thank you for writing that...

as it states, the visa can be issued based on TWO things

EITHER the medical results for you and your family members OR
your or your family members' passport.[/i]

mosaab said:

A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents:

but some people here other than (Khilo) told me that they got the visa and it will expire after medical Expires!!

So i am little confused

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
mosaab said:

So i am little confused

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
khilo said:
Mosab,

thank you for writing that...

as it states, the visa can be issued based on TWO things

EITHER the medical results for you and your family members OR
your or your family members' passport.[/i]
There is no "OR" in the statement. Visa expires the earliest of.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the VO can extend medicals, for 3-6 months without having to redo them. Has been happening quite a bit lately where decision on Visa is made at 15 months mark.

khilo, what i would suggest is to contact the VO as soon as possible as there seems to be a delay in getting your wife's visa, it is possible that they sent your wife an e-mail to renew her medical (which she may not have received) before they actually return the passport with visa to her. Couple people in rabat visa office have the same issue, visa is ready but they were asked to redo medicals because the old expired, this process is now delaying them from getting their passport with visa.

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
lol,

my wife sent her passport got it back with the VISA and shes on her way here as we speak :)

same thing happened to my brother's wife she had a year, it might be different for you sunshine but this is what I have been through

if you would like the exact dates please see below:

-September 9: Canadian Embassy in Cairo requested my wife to redo the Police Certificate
-Medical Expires end of August 2013

-Embassy requested passport in November
- weird dates but it says her Visa was issued in August just before the Medical expired but never requested the passport until november
-wife got her passport back in December with the visa attached

anyways Mosab, like I said my wifes medical ended end of August 2013 and her Visa expires August 2014 to be in Canada

I have proof if you would like, again, I am not saying this based on what I know and not know I am saying this based on what is actually happening

I have my emails and my ATIP notes proving that her medical had already expired
that's all I got, hope that helps

best regards,

sunshinemrc said:
There is no "OR" in the statement. Visa expires the earliest of.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the VO can extend medicals, for 3-6 months without having to redo them. Has been happening quite a bit lately where decision on Visa is made at 15 months mark.

khilo, what i would suggest is to contact the VO as soon as possible as there seems to be a delay in getting your wife's visa, it is possible that they sent your wife an e-mail to renew her medical (which she may not have received) before they actually return the passport with visa to her. Couple people in rabat visa office have the same issue, visa is ready but they were asked to redo medicals because the old expired, this process is now delaying them from getting their passport with visa.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
I think you may not really understand the below statement:

not exceeding the earliest expiry date means that the Visa will expiry on either expiry of the medicals or the passport, whichever happens first. Which means that it would seem in your case they extended the medicals for additional period of 12 months without actually requiring your wife to redo them.

Congratulations on getting to the finish line, subhanallah. wishing you and your wife the best in Canada.