Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
mosaab said:
Hi cairocouple

I wish you pick up your husband's passport with the visa sooooon :)

that's good to know you had have a representative ( lawyer ) ,
did you consult your lawyer about your trip to Cairo , if yes , what was his advice ??
Thank you! Yes, we hired a lawyer here in Canada. As for as visiting goes, it is a good idea. It shows that you want to see your spouse and makes your case stronger. All you have to do is keep documentation of your visit and then add it to your file. I was living with my husband in Cairo for the last year, then I returned to Canada in June. We made it clear in our application that I would be doing this. We told them that I wanted to get things ready in Canada for his arrival, which is true, as I wanted to find a job before my husband arrived.

Anyway, the CIC has his passport now, so we hope to get it back soon!

Good luck!

MB1234

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Dears

I need to know how can u pay RPRF from sudan. The DHL can only help in visit visa not PR visa. did some one paid RPRF from Sudan, if yes please share your experiance.
In the embassy web-site it is stated that "Important: Due to banking restrictions, nationals and residents of Sudan may be required to make payment arrangements in Egypt.". They have only tow ways to pay "Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence fee can be made directly to the Visa Office by direct deposit (CITIBANK branch into Account # 502030515) of LE 3020, or by certified cheque in the amount of $490 Canadian dollars.
can i pay without going to Cairo??? because in direct deposit they said (present the original receipt at the Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Cairo) do i have to do it by myself or can i let some one to make the deposit and send the recipt for me and the i send it by DHL attached to thier request.
for the certified cheque can someone issue it for me from Egypt or Uae and send it to me then i send it by DHL attached to thier request.
Thankx in advance.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
CairoCouple said:
Thank you! Yes, we hired a lawyer here in Canada. As for as visiting goes, it is a good idea. It shows that you want to see your spouse and makes your case stronger. All you have to do is keep documentation of your visit and then add it to your file. I was living with my husband in Cairo for the last year, then I returned to Canada in June. We made it clear in our application that I would be doing this. We told them that I wanted to get things ready in Canada for his arrival, which is true, as I wanted to find a job before my husband arrived.

Anyway, the CIC has his passport now, so we hope to get it back soon!

Good luck!
That's good

seem i will go in the same way , because i miss my family so much i will ask my wife to send them an email to explain everything to visa office and what is the purpose from the trip !

actually the main problem now is not the CIC or the visa office , it is the complicated security situation in Egypt now and how my wife can arrive to Rafah crossing to come Gaza !!

I swear i am dying everyday

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
mosaab said:
That's good

seem i will go in the same way , because i miss my family so much i will ask my wife to send them an email to explain everything to visa office and what is the purpose from the trip !

actually the main problem now is not the CIC or the visa office , it is the complicated security situation in Egypt now and how my wife can arrive to Rafah crossing to come Gaza !!

I swear i am dying everyday
I think you need to send updated information through a different way, not as a direct e-mail to the CIC. If you look back in the threads you'll see postings on how to do it. I didn't do it personally (our lawyer sent it all in), so I can't advise on that.

soulful_wala

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2013/02/05
File Transfer...
2013/05/28
Med's Done....
2013/01/20
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2014/03/24
VISA ISSUED...
2014/03/31
LANDED..........
-
CairoCouple said:
I think you need to send updated information through a different way, not as a direct e-mail to the CIC. If you look back in the threads you'll see postings on how to do it. I didn't do it personally (our lawyer sent it all in), so I can't advise on that.
This is what I have used when I sent them forms they requested. https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=cairo
And they responded back saying they have received the forms.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
soulful_wala said:
This is what I have used when I sent them forms they requested. https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=cairo
And they responded back saying they have received the forms.
I don't know why the CIC prefer this service if we can contact them by email ?!!

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
MB1234 said:
Dears

I need to know how can u pay RPRF from sudan. The DHL can only help in visit visa not PR visa. did some one paid RPRF from Sudan, if yes please share your experiance.
In the embassy web-site it is stated that "Important: Due to banking restrictions, nationals and residents of Sudan may be required to make payment arrangements in Egypt.". They have only tow ways to pay "Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence fee can be made directly to the Visa Office by direct deposit (CITIBANK branch into Account # 502030515) of LE 3020, or by certified cheque in the amount of $490 Canadian dollars.
can i pay without going to Cairo??? because in direct deposit they said (present the original receipt at the Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Cairo) do i have to do it by myself or can i let some one to make the deposit and send the recipt for me and the i send it by DHL attached to thier request.
for the certified cheque can someone issue it for me from Egypt or Uae and send it to me then i send it by DHL attached to thier request.
Thankx in advance.
. Hi brother the only safe way is to find someone who has a Visa card in sudan , so he can pay the fees for you and will print the recpiet for u. For me I payed my fees through this way.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
MB1234 said:
They have only tow ways to pay "Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence fee can be made directly to the Visa Office by direct deposit (CITIBANK branch into Account # 502030515) of LE 3020, or by certified cheque in the amount of $490 Canadian dollars.
If you have someone in Egypt, he can go directly to Citibank and deposit the RPRF amount on your behalf - but the receipt has to be on your name, and it has to be written exactly as you wrote it in your immigration application - he can then forward you the original receipt and you can then forward it to the embassy via DHL.

I have done it that way.

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
so i got an email from canadian embassy in Cairo asking for two documents please see below

"X) To complete the attached form for yourself. Please make sure that you write the month and year in questions 08 & 12 and complete it since the age of 18 with no gaps in dates, even if you are not working (you may write unemployed).

(X) To provide updated police certificate.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 30 days will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application."

can someone tell me if they went through this before ? and why would they ask for police certificate to be done again ?
thanks,

khalil

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
My husband got his passport back, with the visa inside after the embassy only having it for three days. My husband has booked his flight, so he will be in Canada on October 31st.

Continued good luck to all, and I hope it's a speedy process.

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
CairoCouple said:
My husband got his passport back, with the visa inside after the embassy only having it for three days. My husband has booked his flight, so he will be in Canada on October 31st.

Continued good luck to all, and I hope it's a speedy process.
yet another applicant getting their visa before me and have applied after me

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hello guys, if the embassy hold your passport after interview does that means they will issue a visa? My wife attended interview on september 12 and they kept her passport and she was told she will here from them. Thanks in advance

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
khilo said:
so i got an email from canadian embassy in Cairo asking for two documents please see below

"X) To complete the attached form for yourself. Please make sure that you write the month and year in questions 08 & 12 and complete it since the age of 18 with no gaps in dates, even if you are not working (you may write unemployed).

(X) To provide updated police certificate.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 30 days will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application."

can someone tell me if they went through this before ? and why would they ask for police certificate to be done again ?
thanks,

khalil
the same happened to me during my application, it's a normal to provide the police clearance more than once during the process - because police certificates expire. CIC considers a certain validity period for police certificates (i think its 12 months but i'm not sure).

There's nothing to worry about, just make sure you send them the documents on time.

fadythebassist

Sep 20, 2013
mosaab said:
You are welcome bro

the processing time in Cairo office take about 13 months for skilled worker Quebec
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp

ya he told us from the beginning he is not family class he was seeking for any help

thanx
Hey Mosaab....
Guess what....
I sent our passports today!!!!!
Thanx for ur help and support so much....

Do u know how much time they take to finalize the passports?

And I guess they meant 13 months since the day we sent to Ottawa the applications for the federal. And our applications were being processed at Ottawa and only sent to Cairo VO to send for us to get the visas....

However I will wait for the visa now and will update u all.

soulful_wala

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2013/02/05
File Transfer...
2013/05/28
Med's Done....
2013/01/20
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2014/03/24
VISA ISSUED...
2014/03/31
LANDED..........
-
I finally got intouch with my MPs office, and not the actual MP but someone who works at her office. He said that because we are still within the processing time, the embassy will not give them any information on our progress and we shouldn't expect a response back. should i go to a different MP?