26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Can_Lily said:
Thanks MadeInCanada :) Yes I am a Canadian citizen and living in Canada. Thanks for the idea on sending my doc's note and proof of trip; that's brilliant. And I don't think anyone thinks you're condescending. Yes I agree it is frustrating to see someone apply after you and complete their file before you. But it's nothing personal against you :) I believe we can learn a lot from your experience and get tips on how to proceed. I personally am happy for you that you're reunited with your husband, and once that happens with me I'm sure you'll be able to give me some pointers on how to get him settled in smoothly. Congrats to you :)
Thank you.

I hope sharing my opinions/thoughts/experiences helps. If you have other questions just ask. I have been a bit out of the loop lately as its Ramadan/work/life seems to have gotten in the way...in a good way.

I definitely recommend updating your file. It's a great way to "make" them look at it. Hope you hear back soon!

Take Care
MadeInCanada

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
MadeInCanada said:
Thank you.

I hope sharing my opinions/thoughts/experiences helps. If you have other questions just ask. I have been a bit out of the loop lately as its Ramadan/work/life seems to have gotten in the way...in a good way.

I definitely recommend updating your file. It's a great way to "make" them look at it. Hope you hear back soon!

Take Care
MadeInCanada
hello,

what exactly should you update them with ?

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
khilo said:
hello,

I personally took the advice of MadeInCanada and preparing a document with recent photos to send, my doc's note of due date, and proof of my recent trips to my husband. Maybe that will help!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
khilo said:
hello,

Anything pertaining to your relationship, and or proof of visits, living accommodations ect. I sent in life insurance forms for us, I didn't get our rental agreement translated in time to send in with the initial application, so once I had that I sent it in as well. I also sent in Skype logs from the date of sending the application. I had made a little boo boo with the screen shots and accidentally omitted most of 2012 so I sent those with a brief explanation and that I felt it would be beneficial to update them with our continued communication at the same time.

I can't say for sure that it helped the way I think it did, but in my mind it did and was worth a shot. I think for anyone else it is too. Good luck!

Take Care
MadeInCanada

khilo

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2013
Passport Req..
nothing
VISA ISSUED...
nothing
LANDED..........
nothing
what do you put in the subject line and who did you send it to if you don't mind me asking

thanks,

khilo

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Go here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/egypt-egypte/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=12

go to the contact visa section
then update my application
then scroll down to the: To do so, please use this webform or the mailing address provided below.
click on the word webform.
continue
I agree
enter verification code/ submit
and then fill the form

I sent one from my personal email, and if you do that you need to include the application number, place of birth, date of birth, country of residence, type of application in the email as well. I put the file number as the subject and wrote request to update file.
Take Care
MadeInCanada

CairoCouple

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
31-10-2013
MadeInCanada said:
Anything pertaining to your relationship, and or proof of visits, living accommodations ect. I sent in life insurance forms for us, I didn't get our rental agreement translated in time to send in with the initial application, so once I had that I sent it in as well. I also sent in Skype logs from the date of sending the application. I had made a little boo boo with the screen shots and accidentally omitted most of 2012 so I sent those with a brief explanation and that I felt it would be beneficial to update them with our continued communication at the same time.

I can't say for sure that it helped the way I think it did, but in my mind it did and was worth a shot. I think for anyone else it is too. Good luck!

Take Care
MadeInCanada
Thanks for this tip! We have had a lot of positive things happen that could help our case, and so I intend to look into this and add all the new, relevant information that I can.

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
MadeInCanada said:
Go here:

go to the contact visa section
then update my application
then scroll down to the: To do so, please use this webform or the mailing address provided below.
click on the word webform.
continue
I agree
enter verification code/ submit
and then fill the form

I sent one from my personal email, and if you do that you need to include the application number, place of birth, date of birth, country of residence, type of application in the email as well. I put the file number as the subject and wrote request to update file.
Take Care
MadeInCanada
Which is better (i.e more reliable), to use the form or send from your personal email?

Freebird_76

Jun 5, 2012
Cairo
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

do you know if the Cairo Visa office is working with full capacity or it's at the minimum due to circumstances?

Can_Lily

Jul 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Freebird_76 said:
Guys,

do you know if the Cairo Visa office is working with full capacity or it's at the minimum due to circumstances?
I'm not really sure but they have removed any notices regarding delays or office closures on their site, and applications are going back to the Cairo office from the Ottawa pilot office. My assumption is they're working as fast (or slow) as they've always been.

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
Now it is 5 months since I have been contacted by Visa Office to repeat my medical examination .. What is going on it seems to be that the loss my file ???? !!!!! What can I do to know my status , my e-case show in process since Feb 2013

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
wargo said:
Now it is 5 months since I have been contacted by Visa Office to repeat my medical examination .. What is going on it seems to be that the loss my file ???? !!!!! What can I do to know my status , my e-case show in process since Feb 2013

Try contacting them with a nicely worded letter of concern regarding the receipt of the medical results. Did you send in a copy of the payment from the DMP? If not do that right away, in the email you can tell them you are just updating them with it to confirm you have followed their request.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Can_Lily said:
Which is better (i.e more reliable), to use the form or send from your personal email?
Either or. From your personal email just make sure to include the personal info or they will not reply. I found the form easier as I couldn't forget anything, lol. You will get a verification email of receipt in your personal email (or the one you give in the form).

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Ragga

Jan 11, 2013
MadeInCanada said:
I believe that there has been a new office recently opened for TRVs and other visas. I would suggest going there to see about the fingerprints. If I am correct, there is a new process which requires all applicants to supply fingerprints so that office should be able to either do it or advise you.

Here is a link to the website giving the address of the new office.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/egypt-egypte/highlights-faits/2013/VAC_CRDV.aspx?lang=en

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Thanks a lot MadeInCanada . that sure helps will go check there by sunday :)

Mohamed_Hassan

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Egypt
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Hi brothers and sisters,
I would like to share my experience here to those who will land soon in sha2 ALLAH as where I got so far especially with Ahmed Baraka, first about your Social Insurance Number (SIN) it is not a big deal you just go to service canada office and it won't take so long.

Second was the driver's licence, if you have a driver's licence in Egypt go to the traffic office and ask for شهادة بيانات رخصة and tell the guy you would like to get it for the ministry of foreign affairs after getting that paper go and stamp it from the ministry of foreign affairs also bring your original driver's licence with you it is important because if you have more than 2 years experience driving you will get a written test and then a road test which will grant you a full G driver's licence here. When you go to the egyptian embassy in canada go and register yourself with the embassy and when you are asked to sign your passport sign it in english as I signed mine in arabic and then the lady at the driver's office asked me for my signature and she didn't accept the signature in the COPR as it is not secured anymore and then she asked me to sign in arabic as I signed my passport, don't forget sign your passport in english not arabic, when you go to your driver's test centre they will ask you for the شهادة بيانات الرخصة along with a translation for it and also the original driver's licence along with the translation for it also they will ask you for your passport, and after all of that you will have a vision test and then the written test which is so easy to pass.

Good luck everyone and especially again Ahmed Baraka