+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
new_vet2000 said:
Lapula
If you sponsor your husband inland he could have work permit and be able to work anywhere
That's from CIC website,

Inside Canada

average of 12 to 18 months to process routine applications
no right of appeal
you are advised to stay in Canada while your application is being processed (If you leave Canada and cannot re-enter, the application will be abandoned)
you can send an application for an open work permit with the sponsorship application (the permit will be issued as soon as you are eligible for it)

New_vet I am sponsoring my hubby outland,it is faster but does not give him anything before getting his PR and there is a right to appeal

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isaw this in the cic website that they changed all forms for family class :-
Notice
New form for permanent resident applications
As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). This new form creates one universal application for all permanent residence categories.

The form features prompts and drop-down lists that will make completing the forms much easier for applicants and will help prevent errors that create unnecessary processing delays. Completing the form electronically and validating the form before printing will generate a unique bar code to allow for the efficient entry of data into CIC's case management system.

Older versions of the permanent resident application form will still be accepted, but only until March 31, 2012.

Changes to sponsorship applications
Sponsorship application forms that are mainly used in conjunction with family class applications have been redesigned as well. Previously, the sponsorship application form (IMM 1344A) and the sponsorship agreement form (IMM 1344B) were two separate documents. Effective July 18th, 2011, they were combined into one form called Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344).

CIC is strongly encouraging applicants to download and complete the forms online
so isent the forms to my sponsor the old virsion shall icanceled me and mysponsor and follow and fill out the new apllication bcz all the forms is changed now and iaw it in internet or is this ok with the old forms
plz help as u can

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Dear madatito, as cic mentioned, the old applications are still accepted till march 2012, so there's no problem about it, and no need to submit it again.

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Omg :eek: ....

I decided to look at my CIC file just for fun tonight and found this...

We received "name of my husband" application for permanent residence on January 21, 2011.

We started processing "name of my husband" application on August 15, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Pinch me... I think I'm dreaming....

Anybody else got a change of status in their application which was received in Jan ???!!!!
Fox82... I know your application was received in November... please tell me your application is in process!!

Me and my husband are very excited and hope to see more positive news from this group!!

~ Mels

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
hii Mels

well i guess any new updates on ur e-case file is good thing at least u know they opening ur file thats a good news u just cheer up

for my file
it was sent on 6th of NOVEMBER to cairo office and there was no updates untill April ,then it was shown as APPLICATION RECEIVED then 3 weeks later umm in MAY i found new line says MEDICAL RESULTS BEEN RECEIVED
so since MAY i see no updates on my application and still this medical line exists

but it never said in process also never said " we start procesessing etc ..."

so i still waiting the "DECISION MADE " we hope it comes soon

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Congradulations and to me this is good news for all of us and since ours was recieved in march maybe by oct ours will start processing God willing keep us updated everyone.

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
Mels

let me ask you some thing .. under permenant recidence application statue what it says ??

it says ... IN PROCESS OR it says APPLICATION RECIEVED ????

new_vet2000

May 3, 2011
Hi mel,
I will tell you what's this means.
It means that your husband will get his visa in few weeks, congratulations :)and they process the visa

That what's exactly happened with me after they change my status to in process , I got my visa 5 week later

Have a good day
Migo

new_vet2000

May 3, 2011
Hi lousia
I hope you doing great , I just want to tell you it's diffrer from person to another not should be the same .
For you if you got full application with what they need and ask maybe it will be very soon as my case took only 3 month20 days in Cairo office , hope you hear very soon
Have a good day

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Congrats Mels! that's brings hope to all of us :) hope all our applications will be processesed soon, maybe the processing was slow because of the summer vacations in June and July

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Mels said:
Omg :eek: ....

I decided to look at my CIC file just for fun tonight and found this...

We received "name of my husband" application for permanent residence on January 21, 2011.

We started processing "name of my husband" application on August 15, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

That's great news Mels. I just checked our and minor change indicating medicals received. This disappeared a while back but now is back. There's hope for all of us.

Pinch me... I think I'm dreaming....

Anybody else got a change of status in their application which was received in Jan ???!!!!
Fox82... I know your application was received in November... please tell me your application is in process!!

Me and my husband are very excited and hope to see more positive news from this group!!

~ Mels

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
I have other news as well. I just checked my husband's email and there is a confirmation email advising acknowledgement of application received. However, the file has been transferred to the pilot office in Ottawa. Not sure if this is good news or bad news but finally it has started. We were just going to apply for a visitor visa so hopefully we'll get news soon.

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how long does ti take for teh sponsor to be accepted to sponsor the spouse .. in Canada? :$
I'm starting finally :)... and want to know how long?
becuase as son as I am accepted... inshallah ... I want to be in Egypt.. with my love to wait for his application. So that we have atleast my birthday together with him, our first christmas :) and our first new years together... and if it takes that long :(... our first ... well our second.. but our first annaversary together :) :$ it will be like our first :$ ...
oh I can't wait to be with him again..
how long does it tak eto process the aplication :$ ?.. well .. the sponsors aplpication

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Spritz, currently applications for sponsorship approval are taking 55 days. Here's the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Spritz said:
how long does ti take for teh sponsor to be accepted to sponsor the spouse .. in Canada? :$
I'm starting finally :)... and want to know how long?
becuase as son as I am accepted... inshallah ... I want to be in Egypt.. with my love to wait for his application. So that we have atleast my birthday together with him, our first christmas :) and our first new years together... and if it takes that long :(... our first ... well our second.. but our first annaversary together :) :$ it will be like our first :$ ...
oh I can't wait to be with him again..
how long does it tak eto process the aplication :$ ?.. well .. the sponsors aplpication

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Thanks everybody :)))

Gratz sheika la on this fantastic news !! Did your cic status changed too?? I hope to see more news like this in the next upcoming weeks!

Fox: my status was "application received" and now i see "in process"... However my husband didn't received an email like sheila la but hopefully we will hear from the embassy shortly!

New vet: thank you so much!!! I promise you that once Hesham's in Canada... We will definitly do something all together :)) im really looking forward to it !!

Hang in there everybody and be strong!
~Mels