+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
hi there.

today i have received my CAIPS notes .. and it has 31 pages. but the last updates on my application was as fellow.
eligibility .. not started
medical .. not started
criminality .. in progress
security ... not started ..
and my application status .. open .

and lots of notes but i think they are very old. i can notice that they are in the criminal check stage . but my question is how long does it take for this step to be done. ? as you know i my application has been received by Cairo visa office on May.15.2011 and since then i have not got any news and that what made me ordered the caips notes . please if anyone has any idea about these notes and at what stage am i ? how long more do i have to wait. let me know. i start to give up on this .. its really frustrating.

thanks and all the best for all .

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 09, 2012 (CAIRO) Feb 20 2012 (CPP-O)
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
fadi pal
even though I am not familiar with the CAIPS notes, I can put my input from my understanding of your notes. Just if it is not correct do not hold this against me.
It seems like they do these steps in sequence, and that they might finish the criminality and security first. once they are done with this, they move to other aspects. My understanding is that they started doing the criminality check and they are not done with it yet. And since a decision has not been made yet, the application is still open. What you can do is that, if your application is processed in cairo then watch for the timeline for Cairo Visa Office that is available online. once you reach this time, you can let your sponsor push it through the MPs. but, if you are not passed the announced timeline, the MPs might be of no help.
hope this helps

fadi pal said:
hi there.

today i have received my CAIPS notes .. and it has 31 pages. but the last updates on my application was as fellow.
eligibility .. not started
medical .. not started
criminality .. in progress
security ... not started ..
and my application status .. open .

and lots of notes but i think they are very old. i can notice that they are in the criminal check stage . but my question is how long does it take for this step to be done. ? as you know i my application has been received by Cairo visa office on May.15.2011 and since then i have not got any news and that what made me ordered the caips notes . please if anyone has any idea about these notes and at what stage am i ? how long more do i have to wait. let me know. i start to give up on this .. its really frustrating.

thanks and all the best for all .

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Ontarioer said:
fadi pal
even though I am not familiar with the CAIPS notes, I can put my input from my understanding of your notes. Just if it is not correct do not hold this against me.
It seems like they do these steps in sequence, and that they might finish the criminality and security first. once they are done with this, they move to other aspects. My understanding is that they started doing the criminality check and they are not done with it yet. And since a decision has not been made yet, the application is still open. What you can do is that, if your application is processed in cairo then watch for the timeline for Cairo Visa Office that is available online. once you reach this time, you can let your sponsor push it through the MPs. but, if you are not passed the announced timeline, the MPs might be of no help.
hope this helps
Thanks ontairoer .
But my case is alittle complicated I'm residing in USA now and I filed my application from
Canada on 1/16/2011 by a lawyer already there and got the approval from the federal and quebec Province . And then since iam Palestinian from gaza they sent my application to Cairo visa office on 5/15/2011 and my application still there since then . I did my FBI and police clearance from USA and Palestine as well as my medical in USA and sent all to them when I filed my application cuz they asked me for it and now o got these notes. As you see my application since day 1 till now has taken 17 months in total and 12 month at Cairo office . So I don't know what else to do and what is thr issue here I tried everything possible calling th embassy and minister of imm. Just nothing positive about anything . Man I'm getting so tired of waiting .
P.s my wife is coming to me back and fourth don't know if that makes them taking their time on my file or what . Let me know if u can explain any of this from ur experience or understanding .

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
But my case is alittle complicated I'm residing in USA now and I filed my application from
Canada on 1/16/2011 by a lawyer already there and got the approval from the federal and quebec Province . And then since iam Palestinian from gaza they sent my application to Cairo visa office on 5/15/2011 and my application still there since then . I did my FBI and police clearance from USA and Palestine as well as my medical in USA and sent all to them in missicuqa when I filed my application from the first begining cuz they asked me for it and now o got these notes. As you see my application since day 1 till now has taken 17 months in total and 12 month at Cairo office . So I don't know what else to do and what is thr issue here I tried everything possible calling th embassy and minister of imm. Just nothing positive about anything . Man I'm getting so tired of waiting .
P.s my wife is coming to me back and fourth don't know if that makes them taking their time on my file or what . Let me know if u can explain any of this from ur experience or understanding . Or what should I do ..? Any advice ...

mroliveland

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
fadi pal said:
Canada on 1/16/2011 by a lawyer already there and got the approval from the federal and quebec Province . And then since iam Palestinian from gaza they sent my application to Cairo visa office on 5/15/2011 and my application still there since then . I did my FBI and police clearance from USA and Palestine as well as my medical in USA and sent all to them in missicuqa when I filed my application from the first begining cuz they asked me for it and now o got these notes. As you see my application since day 1 till now has taken 17 months in total and 12 month at Cairo office . So I don't know what else to do and what is thr issue here I tried everything possible calling th embassy and minister of imm. Just nothing positive about anything . Man I'm getting so tired of waiting .
P.s my wife is coming to me back and fourth don't know if that makes them taking their time on my file or what . Let me know if u can explain any of this from ur experience or understanding . Or what should I do ..? Any advice ...
It sounds they are waiting for the security/criminality check before they go for the rest. Prepare yourself to repeat the medical. I advise that you also update your file with more proofs (wife visits and others) just in case that genuineness is an issue. Just waiting is the only way to go. Your wife has to contact an MP.

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Do u know how long does this criminality take ? And what's the difference between the security screening and criminality ? Thanks

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fadi pal said:
Do u know how long does this criminality take ? And what's the difference between the security screening and criminality ? Thanks
what made you got that much late because from Palestine and you from Gaza and you live in USA so there much secuirity check in you on Gaza and in USA
the difference is criminality check is about your criminal records but the secuirty check is like to see if your danger for canadian check and you dont do this they do that behind you imean you dont do anything with that yuo dont present papers like the fbi clearance
and that check is make by secuirty of the state or fbi its high authorities of leaders of secuirty in each country for example who make that here is AMEN EL DAWLA or national security so for you case if that checks take for example 4 months or 3 months it might take double in your case imean mybe 7 or 8 months

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Yea I got that thanks . But on my gcms notes indicated there due date under security as well as eligibility and criminality that is 6/19/2012 does that make any difference . Even though they have on these cat. Status not started ... Except for criminality they have the status .. In progress . Any idea ?

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
My advice for you is this:
Since it is taking more than the time announced on the website (15 month) your wife can go to the MP office. the MP then will push it toward making a decision. They will have to adhere since this is taking longer than the average time. it is their obligation to finish it and get it done.
fadi pal said:
Yea I got that thanks . But on my gcms notes indicated there due date under security as well as eligibility and criminality that is 6/19/2012 does that make any difference . Even though they have on these cat. Status not started ... Except for criminality they have the status .. In progress . Any idea ?

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
sonia5555 Any further news?
sonia5555 said:
my husband recieved another email today from CIC telling him that they received his email of cancel the withdrawing and they notified the VO and they mentioned that the matter will up to VO wether they make it go and approved or not!!!!!!!!!

sonia5555

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Ontarioer said:
sonia5555 Any further news?

hi Ontarier,thanks for you interest :) my husband received this email last thursday 3 pm :
and the embassy finish at 1 pm ::)

Dear xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx xxx
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of xxxxx xxxxx xxxx and family (if applicable).
This is an acknowledgement of receipt of your correspondence advising that you wish to cancel your
withdraw of this sponsorship application. The Visa Office processing your relative's application has
been notified accordingly. However, the final decision to proceed rests with the Visa Office.
We will contact you in writing at the address indicated above to confirm if the withdrawal of this
application will be accepted.
Contact Information
For information about Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) programs and services, application
forms, or general updates on your file status, visit our web site at www.cic.gc.ca or contact the Call
Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100.
When you contact CIC, please have your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number available. Your
UCI can be found at the top left of this correspondence. Please note that CIC representatives will
only discuss your sponsorship application with you or with the individual you appointed as your
representative.
Change of Address
You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately
by contacting the Call Centre. Changes to your address should be made through our online service at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.
Sincerely,
Officer DM
Case Processing Centre Mississauga

so i am still waiting since before yesterday i wish to know their decision very fast as really i gave up and i don't want to wast my time more than that :(...what about you?

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Hello there . Just quick question . As far as I know iam in criminality check now . And I know that my medical has expired 5 months ago . My question is . Can I do thr medical now and send it to them in order to save sometime or do I have to wait till they ask me for it ..? Please any information regarding this would be appreciated .. ..

Thanks

Ontarioer

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO->CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 02, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 10, 2012
fadi pal said:
Hello there . Just quick question . As far as I know iam in criminality check now . And I know that my medical has expired 5 months ago . My question is . Can I do thr medical now and send it to them in order to save sometime or do I have to wait till they ask me for it ..? Please any information regarding this would be appreciated .. ..

Thanks
Well, If I put myself in the immigration officer`s shoe I would say that you should not send the medical unless they ask for it.
Why: When they ask for the medical again, it is a sign that your file is accepted and they wanna check you before they give u the VISA.
So: By you sending them the medical before they ask, it is like you are making a decision that your file is accepted, and it is only waiting for the medical.
Even though I understand that your file will be 99% or even 100% accepted, theoriticallyh speaking you should not be doing the medical again wothout them asking for it
I wish that makes any sense :)

fadi pal

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
thanks ontarior .i was just thinking to save me some times instead of waiting another 8 weeks. another concern. on my gcms notes . there was a type of app. eligibility .. what is this eligibility for ?

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fadi pal said:
thanks ontarior .i was just thinking to save me some times instead of waiting another 8 weeks. another concern. on my gcms notes . there was a type of app. eligibility .. what is this eligibility for ?
hey body go ahead do your medical and save your time you know what ? now you dont do anything and you just waiting so go ahead and do yr medical and hey dont you know that if they asked u to make your medical you will have to stay for atleast three months so why you will have to wait go ahead make your medical and save your time and send it to them email them after scan the paper that show u made ur second medical and explain to them