+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cairo VAC- Horrible and (Discriminatory ???!!!!)

raghdaa91

Oct 1, 2014
I am a Canadian citizen due to have my baby in less than a month.
I am currently in Egypt with my husband who applied for a TRV 2 months ago.
We were first told the processing time is 34 days, then it became 6 weeks, now we are at 8+ weeks with no response.
We emailed many times only to get told we are within normal processing times ?????

I did much research about this horrible embassy and found that if you are Coptic you will get your visa within a week, but when a Muslim applies, they wait months and months only to get refused !!!! Isn't this discrimination that Canada stands against??? Why then are they employing racist officers here at their embassy??

We mentioned in the application that I am pregnant and need to be in Canada by beginning of October to follow up with the doctors, however, they just seem not to care about applicants' circumstances in a very disrespectful way.

As a Canadian I also have the full right to meet with the Consul at the embassy when I need their help, yet, their Coptic secretary with broken English accent keeps on refusing to set me an appointment....and I am sure the reason is my Muslim name.

I came across many posts of other applicants' complaints, however, if any of you had a personal experience at this horrible embassy please reply to this post as I am seriously considering raising this issue publicly in Canada to help myself and others avoid getting this horrible, unfair, rude, and racist treatment.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
34 business days means 7 weeks -- so you are only above the average processing time by one week. Given that the data likely was collected before the recent revolution and any associated flood of applications, I'm sure that you are still in the normal processing time.

Getting a visa is like advertising for a date in the newspaper -- information that is not legally considered elsewhere is considered here. Are you a young man with no job and no wife and no house and no money and you come from a 'poor' country? You will not get a visa; in Canada, considering any of those factors would be discriminatory, but you are not in Canada. Are you an elderly woman with a husband and a house and many children and from the same country? You will get a visa. Are you a Muslim from Egypt? I imagine that the security screening is quite a bit more involved than if you are a Copt from Egypt -- Copts are not part of any organized or unorganized religious resistance in the Middle East (I might be wrong). If you are a Muslim, or a Sikh, or a Southern Baptist, when you apply for anything in Canada your religion will not be considered -- partly because it was considered as part of your application before you entered the country.

At the same time, I'm not going to assume you are correct that Copts get TRV very quickly, that sounds like the kind of unpleasant myth that is often spread about minorities.

As for the Copt secretary not making an appointment for you, I would assume that is because you are still within the normal processing time. If everyone who applies for a routine visa is granted a personal appointment while still within the normal processing time, then the processing time is going to double, at least.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
My husband had the same problem .the were very rude specially the immigration officer that interviewed my husband and lied about us on the refusal papers
I did call and wrote a letter to the immigration minister Jason Kenny but no reply..I have a appeal date for October 31 to win our case..