+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS

Econguru

Sep 2, 2011
Hello everyone. I'm currently a student in Canada. I wonder whether I can access the information CIC has on my record by requesting CAIPS/GCMS notes.

Or is the CAIPS/GCMS notes access service is for only cases under review.

Thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Econguru said:
Hello everyone. I'm currently a student in Canada. I wonder whether I can access the information CIC has on my record by requesting CAIPS/GCMS notes.

Or is the CAIPS/GCMS notes access service is for only cases under review.

Thanks.
CAPIS/GCMS notes are available for both completed and ongoing applications.

Econguru

Sep 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I have to submit the application for PR but unfortunately didn't keep record of my employment history that I submitted with my TRV/student visa application. I do not even remember my visa file no.

Is it possible to get that information by requesting CAIPS/GCMS notes?

Thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Econguru said:
Thanks for the reply. I have to submit the application for PR but unfortunately didn't keep record of my employment history that I submitted with my TRV/student visa application. I do not even remember my visa file no.

Is it possible to get that information by requesting CAIPS/GCMS notes?

Thanks.
Do you have your Client ID? A copy of your employment history would only be available if you ordered a copy of your whole file. It would take about 4 months or so to get that. You can't remember your employment history?

Econguru

Sep 2, 2011
Thanks rjessome.

I do know employment history but not the exact months I supplied with my application.
My concern is that they will pull up my previous file and if there is any discrepancy the visa officer may suspect falsification and reject the application.

4 months is quite a long period: don't they have to reply within 30 days? I don't even remember client ID.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Econguru said:
4 months is quite a long period: don't they have to reply within 30 days? I don't even remember client ID.
Not for a complete file.