+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS notes question

saima123

Dec 5, 2009
I sent out CAIPS request two weeks back but realise did not include copy of my PR. I just sent two filled forms and $5 check. Will they send the CAIPS notes ot I will resend the request? Has anybody who got CAIPS sent it w/o PR or passport copy and got it? I will appreciate your reply on this. Thanks

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I am sorry, but didn't understand you well, you already have a PR, why you need CAIPS?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Hmmm...I just read that as meaning PR application. It does warrant clarification!

saima123

Dec 5, 2009
Sorry for not being clear, I am a permanent resident sponsoring my husband and have ordered CAIPS from here as its been 9 months since his application and all we know through our MP is that his file is in queue for interview. We want to know what is their concern which is holding up his case.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Ah! I'm sending for the CAIPS notes on Monday and I'm including a copy of my passport just because I'm not sure if I need to or not and I need to know all the issues for the rejection so that when we refile, We can include everything right away to ensure those items are items are covered.

Good luck!

saima123

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for sharing this info. Is there anyone who got there CAIPS and what they included while applying. was there anyone who did not send the PR copy/passsport copy and got it. I can always send it but it will dealy our case for two more weeks. So wanted to know if I need resend it or not

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
I am a PR and I am sponsoring my wife. No, I did not send my PR card copy nor my passport copy. I have already received her CAIPS note without any problem, within 1 month.

Thanks.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Question - CAIPS (information abroad) versus Overseas visa file (CAIPS included):

Who has requested and received the second? Did it include everything ever submitted? If we are reapplying, would not the second option be better?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The "Overseas visa file" includes everything put into your file, i.e. everything you ever submitted and anything the visa office would have received from other sources, then the CAIPS notes on top of that. It will definitely include more information, but will it be useful? That depends.

It does have the drawback that it takes longer to receive.

tgchi13 said:
Question - CAIPS (information abroad) versus Overseas visa file (CAIPS included):

Who has requested and received the second? Did it include everything ever submitted? If we are reapplying, would not the second option be better?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Karlshammar - thank you sincerely! For things we can not replace this may be the way to go. I appreciate your response.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem. Any time!

tgchi13 said:
Karlshammar - thank you sincerely! For things we can not replace this may be the way to go. I appreciate your response.

saima123

Dec 5, 2009
Thank you for your response Habib890. If thats the case then I think I should be getting it in a weeks time. Was the info helpful to you? Whats the status of your wife's case. Thanks