Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my fellow sojourners.

Just want to give u guys the latest update on my very curious journey to Canada. I went for an interview in Accra on the 12th of May like I mentioned in a previous link. From then till now, I am yet to receive a formal letter from the visa office. But my rep (Cohen) sent me an email telling me that they had received the CAIPS notes on my application and it turns out there is a totally new twist to the whole thing. During my interview the interviewer was concerned about the genuineness of my academic transcript and I made arrangements to have another one sent to the embassy as well as my reps when I got back to Nigeria. Now the visa officer, in my CAIPS notes, stated that the reference letters I submitted from the Bank where I work (written by two senior officers of the bank one of whom is my direct boss) were similar and therefore that I must have told them what to write to boost my position. On that basis ALONE he scored me 0 for work experience meaning that he scored me less than 67 points.

Personally, I find this very laughable. It's so obvious that the guy is intent on turning down my application. First it was the IELTS where he scored me 12 points instead of 16. After he had to reopen my file, it was the transcripts they had a problem with. Now that they can't hang me with the transcripts thing anymore, they say the two letters from the SAME organisation are similar and therefore I must have told the concerned officers what to write meaning there couldn't possibly be any way that I may be telling the truth. It's just ridiculous. Should letters from the same company not be written in the same format? Does that mean that using the same format for writing letters now determines their authenticity? I just wish I could see this guy face to face to give him a piece of my mind.

Anyway, this morning I gave my reps six good reasons to show that there is a definite intent to see I am not assessed fairly and I am waiting to hear from them to determine the next line of action. I intend to write to the Prime Minister if I have to to prove my case bcus this is just ridiculous. It's a different thing entirely if they turn down my application because I did not submit documents they request for or if I did not qualify from the onset. But to turn it down by saying my docs are fake without even attempting to verify ANY of these things is just crazy. And I'm not going to let them get away with it.

Another thing I don't get is, if they have already decided to turn me down since May, why have they not written a letter to me to that effect all this while?

Oh well..............that's where it is thus far. I have to say all this has really made me lose interest in the process but I'll be damned if I allow this guy call me a liar and stain my records with the Canadian authorities. That's why I'm not going to let it go.

I'd be happy if any of you guys can provide advice on what to do next.

Thanks.

Shrestha

Jun 30, 2010
Things are now getting twisted for no genuine reasons. I would say, better write to Prime Minister with all explanation.

Wish you good luck.

Shrestha.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the VO officer must be nuts. How can you disapprove a perfect legal doc`s authencity without cross checking it with who ever its supposed to be from. the guy is probably over zelous and trying to be over smart.

Darkside said:

Just want to give u guys the latest update on my very curious journey to Canada. I went for an interview in Accra on the 12th of May like I mentioned in a previous link. From then till now, I am yet to receive a formal letter from the visa office. But my rep (Cohen) sent me an email telling me that they had received the CAIPS notes on my application and it turns out there is a totally new twist to the whole thing. During my interview the interviewer was concerned about the genuineness of my academic transcript and I made arrangements to have another one sent to the embassy as well as my reps when I got back to Nigeria. Now the visa officer, in my CAIPS notes, stated that the reference letters I submitted from the Bank where I work (written by two senior officers of the bank one of whom is my direct boss) were similar and therefore that I must have told them what to write to boost my position. On that basis ALONE he scored me 0 for work experience meaning that he scored me less than 67 points.

Personally, I find this very laughable. It's so obvious that the guy is intent on turning down my application. First it was the IELTS where he scored me 12 points instead of 16. After he had to reopen my file, it was the transcripts they had a problem with. Now that they can't hang me with the transcripts thing anymore, they say the two letters from the SAME organisation are similar and therefore I must have told the concerned officers what to write meaning there couldn't possibly be any way that I may be telling the truth. It's just ridiculous. Should letters from the same company not be written in the same format? Does that mean that using the same format for writing letters now determines their authenticity? I just wish I could see this guy face to face to give him a piece of my mind.

Anyway, this morning I gave my reps six good reasons to show that there is a definite intent to see I am not assessed fairly and I am waiting to hear from them to determine the next line of action. I intend to write to the Prime Minister if I have to to prove my case bcus this is just ridiculous. It's a different thing entirely if they turn down my application because I did not submit documents they request for or if I did not qualify from the onset. But to turn it down by saying my docs are fake without even attempting to verify ANY of these things is just crazy. And I'm not going to let them get away with it.

Another thing I don't get is, if they have already decided to turn me down since May, why have they not written a letter to me to that effect all this while?

Oh well..............that's where it is thus far. I have to say all this has really made me lose interest in the process but I'll be damned if I allow this guy call me a liar and stain my records with the Canadian authorities. That's why I'm not going to let it go.

Thanks.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Darkside said:

Thanks.
Dear...relly it is amazing. If VO decides on the the basis of letter format...god bless us all. Than what is direct verfication procedures v r always told about.?

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Well in many western countries to be on the safe side the companies usually issue a standard format reference letter which confirms the employee's name, address, duration of employments, designation (with or without duties). The letter usually ends with.... Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me/us. If you go by the logic of the visa officer that all such references are similar and hence require rejection. And do I correctly recall something called porcedural fairness thing in the immigration process. The only positive and good thing about your post is that you are represented by a reputed lawyer and he should be able to see you through this mess. All the best and keep us updated.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Na wa o, Darkside. This na serious matter. Why wuld the VO decide such a thing. I don't even know what to say about my own case,it's like my case has been forgotten(God forbid!). I don't know what step you should take next but I am glad you have a reputable rep to guide you. Please keep us posted.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go ahead to write them the letter what you intended to write. Let them know that how ridiculous to turn your application down just because the reference letters who were composed by two persons at the same company were same. I would say if the two letters stated that you worked on different duties, that would be a serious problem.

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
lovebb said:
Go ahead to write them the letter what you intended to write. Let them know that how ridiculous to turn your application down just because the reference letters who were composed by two persons at the same company were same. I would say if the two letters stated that you worked on different duties, that would be a serious problem.
Yes, exactly!

B

belize

hi, sorry to hear that , but let me ask you that did they give you letter when they refuse your letter and if yes did they show you table format in letter regarding points?? let me maybe i can help you with that.

Burlington

Jun 18, 2010
Hi:

I believe this is where the big bucks you are paying your rep(consultants) should come in, they should be the one composing a formal letter to represent you well at CIC - Ghana and pleading your case for reconsideration.

One thing is sure there is nothing impossible, you just need to know what is the right step to take. What is your consultant saying?

iceway block

Apr 2, 2011
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 aug 2011
Doc's Request.
Prove of work experience Dec.2013
AOR Received.
21 dec 2011
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
1 nov 2013
Med's Done....
15 nov 2013
Interview........
wave in Jesus Name
Hello, just visiting this particular thread , just to know if darkside have now be able to overcome accra now and be given is PR, and now in Canada , pls anyone with the information.