+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS note doenot give a specific reason..need help please

ch987

Dec 9, 2017
I applied for Jan 2018 intake and was rejected on November 13th. The reason they gave was not specific.

So I applied for CAIPS note in hope that there will be proper reason but all it says is that "File Reviewed. Considering your previous academic performance , the applicant's language ability in specific bands, relevance of the proposed course of study and taking into account factors such as travel history, personal establishment and ties to home country, on balance. I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada and would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay."

Now i am lost what to do.

My profile is :
10th and then diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology - 6.7 CGPA
L-6.5 R-5.5 W-5.5 S-6.0 overall 6.0

I was taking Biotechnology - Advanced in Seneca College.

Please help me. I want to reapply but now I dont know what to do? Somebody please help me. Do I have a chance if I reapply?

mjgill6111

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
I applied for Jan 2018 intake and was rejected on November 13th. The reason they gave was not specific.

So I applied for CAIPS note in hope that there will be proper reason but all it says is that "File Reviewed. Considering your previous academic performance , the applicant's language ability in specific bands, relevance of the proposed course of study and taking into account factors such as travel history, personal establishment and ties to home country, on balance. I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada and would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay."

My profile is :

Please help me. I want to reapply but now I dont know what to do? Somebody please help me. Do I have a chance if I reapply?
As your diploma stands for 12th standard so you cant Go for advanced diploma without bachelor. Choose course related to your diploma bt it shouldn't be advanced as i think

ch987

Dec 9, 2017
As your diploma stands for 12th standard so you cant Go for advanced diploma without bachelor. Choose course related to your diploma bt it shouldn't be advanced as i think
Your course choice is wrong
Thanks guys. In your opinion what course should I select? A normal 2 Year diploma?
The course choice for my field is very limited.
Is it good to give IELTS again, maybe get better score?

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013

My profile is :

VO raised questions on following:
Previous academic performance
Language ability
Course relevance
Travel history
Personal establishment
Ties to home country

In your SOP you need to justify previous academic performance, Home ties. For level of establishment you need to show property and also convince the VO in SOP that you have bright career upon return. Regarding course selection other members already advised.
Ielts needed again with 6 each minimum. You can’t improve your travel history in short time but if other factors are improved it will not matter

Reactions: ch987

ch987

Dec 9, 2017
VO raised questions on following:
Previous academic performance
Language ability
Course relevance
Travel history
Personal establishment
Ties to home country

In your SOP you need to justify previous academic performance, Home ties. For level of establishment you need to show property and also convince the VO in SOP that you have bright career upon return. Regarding course selection other members already advised.
Ielts needed again with 6 each minimum. You can’t improve your travel history in short time but if other factors are improved it will not matter
thank you, hussain-lala.
I do not own any property in India. Can I show level of establishment without it?

My brother is already Canadian PR. The CAIPS note does not show any indication that was a reason for rejection. Should I still justify for that?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You definitely need to improve your IELTS. Reading and Writing is only 5.5. I assume you will be doing the course in English and you may struggle.

Reactions: ch987

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Thanks. What else should I be concerned about? How can I justify my academic performance in the past?
But try and get as much as you can for IELTS, don't just aim for 6. The higher you get the better it looks. I can't comment on the academic experience as I was a mature student and it didn't really matter.

ch987

Dec 9, 2017
But try and get as much as you can for IELTS, don't just aim for 6. The higher you get the better it looks. I can't comment on the academic experience as I was a mature student and it didn't really matter.
Thanks. Does anybody know how to write LOE for rejection based on previous academic performance?