+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CA/BCOM (IGNOU)/ACCA

Keshavk

Nov 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

So, in my case I am a Chartered Accountant, a holder of BCOM degree from IGNOU (Based on the MOU), and an ACCA affiliate degree. Would be really appreciated if any one could help me -

1. I understand (from the various posts I have read), CA is considered as 3 years Bachelors, But what about BCOM? Is its considered as 1 Year bachelor (cause of the MOU) or 3 years? While entering the credentials in WES, what should we enter for the number of years attended for BCOM IGNOU? 1 or 3? Can anyone share their insights pls!

2. Would it make sense to add ACCA to the credentials? Is there a possibility that all the 3 qualifications (CA,ACCA,BCOM) are equated to masters?

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Bcom CA degree will be considered as 2 or more degrees in WES/CES?IQAS and rest Canadian equivalencies agencies
Even if u ad ACCA then also it will be considered as 2 or more degrees .
No where it will be = to masters

Reactions: Naturgrl

Sushantgam

Jun 22, 2022
Hi
Hi Guys,

So, in my case I am a Chartered Accountant, a holder of BCOM degree from IGNOU (Based on the MOU), and an ACCA affiliate degree. Would be really appreciated if any one could help me -

1. I understand (from the various posts I have read), CA is considered as 3 years Bachelors, But what about BCOM? Is its considered as 1 Year bachelor (cause of the MOU) or 3 years? While entering the credentials in WES, what should we enter for the number of years attended for BCOM IGNOU? 1 or 3? Can anyone share their insights pls!

2. Would it make sense to add ACCA to the credentials? Is there a possibility that all the 3 qualifications (CA,ACCA,BCOM) are equated to masters?

Hi Keshav,

Were you able to get your ECA results as per your satisfaction?
Please help answer a couple of questions, I you have the answer.

My bachelor's degree is also from Ignou. B.com (account & finance) under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICAI due to which I only had to appear for only 1 year of exams and got this degree.

Now, the provisional degree received mentions date of admission as July 2020 and final exam date as December 2021. Whereas, with WES I have to get it evaluated as a 3 year degree. Wouldn't the dates mentioned on the degree cause a problem? Since there is only a gap of 1.5 years and I am claiming it to be 3 year degree?

Also, what should I mentioned when applying for express entry, as the date of start of degree and date of completion of degree? If I mention the dates mentioned on the degree again, wouldn't it create a problem sicne it took me only 1.5 years to complete?

What should I do here?

My goal is to have the B.com degree assessed as a 3 year degree and the CA-Inter assessed as 1 year diploma so that I can select "One or more degree" during my express entry application and claim extra points.