+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

citzjan2020

Jan 25, 2020
Hi @spyfy ,
In question 11, it asks ti state about employed, unemployed, study details.
What to do if during my period of unemployment, I was in and out of Canada. Because it asks for addresses. So confused what do do.

Also, I have a small part time registered business along with my full time job. Do I mention that in question 11 in the 2nd row (as the 1st row mentions my full time job) or mention that in a separate explanation letter? My concern is what if it gives an error or the dates don't match?

Thanks for your time.
@Bs65 Can you help me with this question as well please?

citzjan2020

Jan 25, 2020
@dpenabill
I have a small part time registered home based business along with my full time job. Do I mention that in table of question 11 in the 2nd row (as the 1st row mentions my current full time job) or mention that in a separate explanation letter? I have gone ahead to mention that in a separate explanation letter. But can mention that in the 2nd row if experts advise so.
Please let me know as it will help a lot and do not want the application to come back.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
@dpenabill
I have a small part time registered home based business along with my full time job. Do I mention that in table of question 11 in the 2nd row (as the 1st row mentions my current full time job) or mention that in a separate explanation letter? I have gone ahead to mention that in a separate explanation letter. But can mention that in the 2nd row if experts advise so.
Please let me know as it will help a lot and do not want the application to come back.
I am NOT an expert.

Obviously, applicants need to fully and accurately report employment in the application. No expertise necessary to make that observation.

In what way the applicant provides all the relevant information is largely for the applicant to decide, based on the applicant's best understanding of the question and what the most appropriate response is based on the applicant's own, personal factual situation.

Rb1987

Mar 25, 2020
Hi@Spyfy,
In question 11 about employment. I got job by employment agency and my t4 was issued by job agency. Shall I write company name, address or job agency??

workharder

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-16
Hello, seniors-I have a question for the Citizenship application for Q11. For my wife, I had put no experience in PR application as I had no documents to support that though she had some experience.Now in the citizenship application for Q 11 should I put the same information to be consistent wherein I have put as unemployed?I am a little confused.

Tony Di Carlo

Nov 14, 2020
it all depends on the AIRE registration of the Italian citizen if he was recognized as a child by ius sanguinis he should as an adult register on the Aire of the country of residence so he could claim residence abroad. But as he does not have and does not know, he should only inform his residence in Brazil

www.cidadaniaitalianaroma.com

PRCanda

Dec 28, 2017
Hi there, I am starting my citizenship application - i have few questions reg physical presence calc:
  1. I am applying as a family, do i need to have a separate physical presence filled forms for each family members? asking since all of us have same time periods within/outside the country and the forms aren't specific to a person?
  2. I was on an open work permit (w-1), should i select 'worker' or 'temporary resident permit holder' from the category list for physical presence calc?

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Hi there, I am starting my citizenship application - i have few questions reg physical presence calc:
  1. I am applying as a family, do i need to have a separate physical presence filled forms for each family members? asking since all of us have same time periods within/outside the country and the forms aren't specific to a person?
  2. I was on an open work permit (w-1), should i select 'worker' or 'temporary resident permit holder' from the category list for physical presence calc?
Yes, it needs to be filled up for each adult in the family. I believe you should put worker(that is what I used when I applied few years ago). Temporary resident permit has a different classification.

Reactions: PRCanda

PRCanda

Dec 28, 2017
Yes, it needs to be filled up for each adult in the family. I believe you should put worker(that is what I used when I applied few years ago). Temporary resident permit has a different classification.
thank you for the quick response! one more question: my wife had a open permit dependent visa on her passport but she didn't use/activate it and entered via PR directly. I would assume, i dont need to enter any days for her visa since she didn't activate it?

shlbatra

Aug 22, 2017
Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

For this question, do I also need to post all Visitor Visas I have had since birth ? Also, the start and end dates should be the ones listed on Visa or the dates I was in that country ?

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

For this question, do I also need to post all Visitor Visas I have had since birth ? Also, the start and end dates should be the ones listed on Visa or the dates I was in that country ?
No, this is if you hold PR, Green card or citizenship in another country. Visitor visa is non immigrant visa.