14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016

Hi All,

I NEED ADVICE!!! PLEASE..
After reading this tread,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/
I noticed that I made a mistake in question 11 - CIT0002E. I used my home address instead of my company.
Wait for them to ask for additional information (if they do not refuse my process) or send a clarification letter through the web form?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.135406904.884322739.1530229779-2116458598.1527745169

Thanks in advance.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013

Hi All,

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/
I noticed that I made a mistake in question 11 - CIT0002E. I used my home address instead of my company.
Wait for them to ask for additional information (if they do not refuse my process) or send a clarification letter through the web form?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.135406904.884322739.1530229779-2116458598.1527745169

Thanks in advance.
I would send clarification through web form right away. Also its a minor non-threatening mistake, dont think it will hurt your timelines by a lot.

Reactions: oomuchi

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
If that is the only mistake you made, CONGRATULATIONS, you did a lot, lot better than most of us.

I cannot offer personal advice and thus will not advise you to submit an amendment to your application, or to not submit one.

BUT from my perspective, this ALONE, this one tidbit of information, is NOT something worth shaking-the-tree about. A processing agent should readily recognize the field has been populated by your home address, and understand that for what it is. If there is nothing else in your application inviting concerns or questions or doubts, this little detail is NOT likely to cause a processing agent to so much as twitch or shrug let alone actually have a question, let alone be suspicious.

Yes, of course, be prepared to clarify when you are interviewed. Questions about where the applicant works are commonly asked in the interview, including questions similar to "where is that?"

If the applicant makes more and especially more significant mistakes than this, and needs to supplement or submit amendments to the application information, probably best to address them all in a single submission. Standing by itself, an erroneous address in a single field in item 11, particularly one that should be readily recognized for what it is (and thus clearly recognized to be a mistake, not a misrepresentation), hardly seems worth addressing.

Sure this makes you one of those who are causing the process to go slowly for everyone. But you are hardly alone. You are probably well in the majority. All of us make mistakes. Most of us made or will make a mistake in a citizenship application. And sure, that has an impact, a cost so to say. It undoubtedly means processing agents will need to spend a little more time assessing the information, comparing details to other information in the application or to information from other sources. We cannot help it. We are human. We make mistakes. And IRCC makes a concerted effort to not let little mistakes, or even some bigger ones, derail the process. IRCC makes a concerted effort to deal with such errors. And IRCC appears to be doing a rather remarkable job, since it is on track to successfully process as many as TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND citizenship applications this year.

In the latter regard, my sense is that a webform submission just for this one tiny piece of information would likely consume significantly more personnel time than it is worth, by quite a lot actually. So if you are considerate of other applicants, and want to help IRCC process their applications more quickly, that probably weighs against trying to "correct" this by submitting a webform revision.

EDIT to ADD: these observations should not be construed to discourage anyone from making a correction for more significant mistakes, and particularly as to any mistake which is more directly connected to a qualifying element.

Reactions: oomuchi

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
If that is the only mistake you made, CONGRATULATIONS, you did a lot, lot better than most of us.

I cannot offer personal advice and thus will not advise you to submit an amendment to your application, or to not submit one.

BUT from my perspective, this ALONE, this one tidbit of information, is NOT something worth shaking-the-tree about. A processing agent should readily recognize the field has been populated by your home address, and understand that for what it is. If there is nothing else in your application inviting concerns or questions or doubts, this little detail is NOT likely to cause a processing agent to so much as twitch or shrug let alone actually have a question, let alone be suspicious.

Yes, of course, be prepared to clarify when you are interviewed. Questions about where the applicant works are commonly asked in the interview, including questions similar to "where is that?"

If the applicant makes more and especially more significant mistakes than this, and needs to supplement or submit amendments to the application information, probably best to address them all in a single submission. Standing by itself, an erroneous address in a single field in item 11, particularly one that should be readily recognized for what it is (and thus clearly recognized to be a mistake, not a misrepresentation), hardly seems worth addressing.

Sure this makes you one of those who are causing the process to go slowly for everyone. But you are hardly alone. You are probably well in the majority. All of us make mistakes. Most of us made or will make a mistake in a citizenship application. And sure, that has an impact, a cost so to say. It undoubtedly means processing agents will need to spend a little more time assessing the information, comparing details to other information in the application or to information from other sources. We cannot help it. We are human. We make mistakes. And IRCC makes a concerted effort to not let little mistakes, or even some bigger ones, derail the process. IRCC makes a concerted effort to deal with such errors. And IRCC appears to be doing a rather remarkable job, since it is on track to successfully process as many as TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND citizenship applications this year.

In the latter regard, my sense is that a webform submission just for this one tiny piece of information would likely consume significantly more personnel time than it is worth, by quite a lot actually. So if you are considerate of other applicants, and want to help IRCC process their applications more quickly, that probably weighs against trying to "correct" this by submitting a webform revision.

EDIT to ADD: these observations should not be construed to discourage anyone from making a correction for more significant mistakes, and particularly as to any mistake which is more directly connected to a qualifying element.

Thank you so much for your consideration and attention.
Much appreciate you take your time to help me with my concerns!!!

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
I would send clarification through web form right away. Also its a minor non-threatening mistake, dont think it will hurt your timelines by a lot.
Thank you for your time and kind words!

bonesaw

May 2, 2014
Hey folks,

so I have a question in regards of incorporation. It's been asked before but I didn't see a proper answer.

1. About Q11:
I am incorporated, where me and my wife are directors of company X. I work for company Y but my contract is with a recruiter company Z which is a middle-man. I get my pay from the business as dividends and I fill my T2/GST tax return yearly during the business' year-end.

What should I list under Q11? Which company? Which contact? Am I self-employed? I am not an employee of my own company, I only own it.

Should I attach a note explaining the whole situation?

2. About Q12b:
During my eligibility period I was 2 years still in my country of birth, on Q12b do I only tell them if I have filled taxes in Canada or does that include the other country? I landed in 2015, do I list 2013/2014 as "not required to file / not filed"?

Thanks.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
2. About Q12b:
During my eligibility period I was 2 years still in my country of birth, on Q12b do I only tell them if I have filled taxes in Canada or does that include the other country? I landed in 2015, do I list 2013/2014 as "not required to file / not filed"?
IRCC only cares about your taxes in Canada.
Yes, list those years as not required/not filed.

Dunno for your first question ^^'

Shwet.luv

Jun 16, 2017
Welland Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Med's Request
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
Hi, need help still confused with the question 9c

Did you live outside CANADA during ur eligibility
Well in my case, I have travelled to india and states often, so I have answered yes but then how to fill the form claiming residency outside Canada

Thanks

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hi, need help still confused with the question 9c

Did you live outside CANADA during ur eligibility
Well in my case, I have travelled to india and states often, so I have answered yes but then how to fill the form claiming residency outside Canada

Thanks
Answer to that question would be "No".Refer to Citizenship application guide for more info.

Oct 2, 2015
Guys need some advice. I went to India for a couple of months after my first job and after I returned to Canada I ve joined a new job. so in the employment history(Section 11), I need to record that period as unemployed and physically located in India. Should I match that in the address section(10 a) and write the address as in India for that period and answer Yes in section 9C?

Please advice. I am stuck on this step.

Pal3580

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I have a contract with a movie company to supply food and other items at the place of shooting .so can I write it self employed or job with that company

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys need some advice. I went to India for a couple of months after my first job and after I returned to Canada I ve joined a new job. so in the employment history(Section 11), I need to record that period as unemployed and physically located in India. Should I match that in the address section(10 a) and write the address as in India for that period and answer Yes in section 9C?

Please advice. I am stuck on this step.
In the employment history section, mention that you visited India or was on vacation for 2 months and you were not actively looking for job/work. In the Residence calculator, mention same reason and dates.

paradoxunlimited

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
dear friends, any one of you applied for citizenship after 3 years in Canada "without Police Clearence" and got rejected / returned application from IRCC? I mean you answered 9 (a) as YES and did not provide PCC?